• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Master Chef Aus Social Edition.

I'm doing special fried rice and then stir fry with beef and black bean, loads of vegies thru both and prawns and bacon and corn and peas in the rice. Me and the girl are doing it and we've made fucking loads. I think i'll be freezing some of the rice for later munch outs.

500gm rump med rare, sweet potatoe and cute little tear drops with melted butter drizzled over them, snow peas and carrot and gravy with mushroom and pan fried garlic added to top it all off. compliments the old man.

instead of the after dinner smoke, a beer would be preferred over the french press coffee.

time to kick it in the lounge day bed waiting for the storm vs knights game soon.

so full and extremely satisfied!

for a simple desert i hooked dad n i up with a decent batch of pancake mix with plenty left over for a nice sunday breakfast.

nice change from the usual toast, omelette or porridge/oats or bacon, eggs, fried tomato, baked beans and toast. or skipping it to lunch time.

One of the Aus Social masterchefs should be able to whip one of these up in no time.

[video=youtube_share;ZU7Le5Rjzk4]http://youtu.be/ZU7Le5Rjzk4[/video]

beans beans the musical fruit. the more i eat the more i toot.

baked beans on multigrain with coffee.

ive been slaving over a hot stove the last few hours with the old man cooking up a mad batch of stew.

it includes mince, potatoe, carrot, pumpkin, onion, tomato and mucho garlic with hints of oyster and fish sauce.

teamwork!

Every now and then I do a soup that usually has veggies that need to be used up. I buy lots of veggies in the hope I eat most of them, being healthy and not eating much meat at the moment.

qi9i.jpg

Started with Sautéing an onion and two smallish leeks, then frying off a heaped teaspoon of curry paste on top of that. Then added pumpkin, sweet potato and potatoes (skin and all), a little bit of cauliflower, finely chopped rosemary and thyme and covered it with veggie stock. Didn't add salt as there is plenty in the stock, but I did grind in some pepper. This pic is about 25 minutes into that process.

4s5j.jpg

Didn't leave it much longer than that, everything was cooked. Action shot.

634m.jpg

Voila! A spoon on low fat yogurt on top. I like the idea of using as an alternative to sour cream or cream, and has been working well lately.

I had a Moroccan lamb pie.

Tried ice cream with burnt fig as one of the flavours..... not a fan..... And usually I'll eat any flavour ice cream.

Never had so much trouble deciding on something in a long time......

What potatoes? I mean, there's about 6 different types I can get from the local supo.....

They don't have that broad a range like that for any other vegetable?

I usually go for the ones that are washed, hate fucking around with those dirty ones.

Various_types_of_potatoes_for_sale.jpg

I'm no expert but certain spuds are good for certain things. Sebago (which is the ones that you find in the supermarket brushed, or unbrushed) are a good mashing potato. I've been buying new kipflers and baking them in a bit of olive oil with fresh rosemary, but there are other types that are great baked. I don't peel pontiacs and just lightly smash them with a bit of milk for a decent mash. Saw some black potatoes the other day but they were a bit limp.

I found a couple of good links; http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/agriculture/horticulture/vegetables/potatoes/potato-varieties, http://www.abc.net.au/tv/pohskitchen/stories/s2914278.htm

Reading this it talked about frying quality too, but that's not so important for me, I can remember the last time I deep fried something... it would be decades ago!

bacon, tomato and onion rissoles and thr33 veg; carrot, brocolli, cauliflower.

damn good rissoles and a piece of piss to make. i hate even some of the butchers 'specials' and the shitty grocery store ones which just leak fat and oil, so i dont eat them often. yuck. i like them and my sausages lean as possible. such was tonights batch.

Having a hard time trying to decide.

Steak or gourmet snags?

I usually go for the ones that are washed, hate fucking around with those dirty ones.

Ha, I'm the peeler of the house. I'll buy them if their up for cheapys. I swear it takes 30 secs, or so.

Last edited:
fucken allsum ribeye, salad and oven cooked chippies. had a lovely belgian brew, duvel (8.5%), to wash it all down.

an empeccable custard danish with fresh thickened cream was thoroughly enjoyed all around.

ive just enough room to throw some valium under the tongue and to knock back the few bongs left that i have. then after thats all settled maybe a hit of morphine. regardless, ill be chain smoking pouch of champion ruby!

Steak or gourmet snags?

I find it hard to find a decent sausage. I used to really like the pork snags from the butchers in my old home town, he even sausage king awards. There would have to be 20 different types of they in the coles but I just don't like any of them! Maybe it's just the quality of the meat they put in them but apart from some pork and apple snags someone sells at my local farmers market, I havent had a snag I have enjoyed in years.

^ I'll only purchase snags from the local butcher. They do a few different types, my fav being: olive, feta, pork and pinenut.

Agree that the supo bought ones are not up to scratch.

I find it hard to find a decent sausage. I used to really like the pork snags from the butchers in my old home town, he even sausage king awards. There would have to be 20 different types of they in the coles but I just don't like any of them! Maybe it's just the quality of the meat they put in them but apart from some pork and apple snags someone sells at my local farmers market, I havent had a snag I have enjoyed in years.

i too avoid supermarket sausages, theyre horrible. does nsw have "lenards" (the chicken chain?). they make delectable chicken varieties of sausage that are definitely worth trying.

...kytnism...:|

^ Yep we do, or we used to anyway when I lived in the city ages ago (like 10 yrs ago) there was a local one and I used to enjoy their stuff alot.

lenardscarindaleqld_107794_610_335.jpg

http://www.businessreviewaustralia.com/reports/lenards

I'm not so fussy on sausages, I do prefer my local butchers for just about any meat over the supermarkets, but I still will eat supermarket ones sometimes, woolies do some 'gourmet' ones that are more expensive (than their cheap plain sausages) with different flavours that I sometimes buy, chicken cheese and garlic is one I think.

My local butchers have a great selection of meats and also nice home made beef or pork pies in a family size that have really delicious pastry and gravy and real nice chunky meat in them. Great for an easy meal sometimes. My butchers also do bags of bones for 3 buks which last my 2 dogs a week or so which is great value and keeps them occupied for quite some time. They really mix up the types of bones in their bags as well, mostly decent sized bones cut down, often with marrow in them, hardly any of those small thin ribs that the dogs dont seem to like much, sometimes even pigs trotters and all sorts of things.

i agree, i love lenards but too have found them disappearing over the years. thankfully there is still one 20 minutes away.

my sister was just here having coffee and was telling me that coles are now doing pulled pork kits for bbq pulled pork sandwiches in the butchers department:

PULLED-PORK-SLOW-COOKER-TOMFO1.jpg

i must try it sometime :D

...kytnism...:|