• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Master Chef Aus Social Edition.

Hungry after reading what everyones had.... so i'll have to make something up cause only had toast. ok I had Chilli Mudcrab.

Secret opi8 herbs and spices recipe chicken pie, mmm. None of that chicken mince bullshit either, real breast, real vegies, real food and real sauce. Fuck that's a good feed.

Back on the steak, accompanied with baked spuds and a mini stir-fry containing broccoli, carrots and minced garlic.

Heh, nearly made it sound more spectacular than it is.

spelt pasta with diced tomatoes & homemade meatballs with a little pasta sauce and some Parmesan to top it off.

Felt like being a bit indulgent and getting my cook on last few days.

Rosemary, poppy sunflower seed loaf. nothing beats freshly baked bread

Roast pork belly, kumara potato puree ,apple cabbage sauerkraut, braised baby spinach.
dessert, Homemade apple pie using my wholemeal low fat short crust pastry. thickened high fat yogurt replaces some of the butter and the base is blind baked to compensate for the fat decrease.

Lunch; prawn, spring onion corn fritters. served with a sweet chilli coriander, lime salsa

Dinner; Lemongrass scented basmati rice, pan fried gurnard , warm salad of green beans, seared daikon, cherry toms, spanish onion and pecorino,evo,sesame seed.

pumpkin eggplant lasagne with a 3 cheese bechamel (parma,aged cheddar, ricotta) crusty bread with EVO , sunflower seed & bean and tomato salad.

o7ta.jpg

Looks tasty, if a bit mushy. If keeping with vegetarian theme, I'd have to throw in some beans or some diced broccoli.......

Not mushy at all actually, the perspective in the photo is skewed it was a 3 inches high stack. absolutely al dente pasta and the pumpkin was firm yet yielding.
This is served straight from the oven, I would usually leave to cool and to give the pectin time to stabalize the dish and then re-heat and serve, but I was too hungry.
It's not actually vegetarian, lardons were added to the bruinoise onions,carrots and garlic.
Broccoli and eggplant lasagne? would be both a textural conflict and upset the flavour balance.

Everyone's a fucking food critic these days.

holy fuck, ODB is on the money...

I'm guessing you're a chef? I mean, Im huge on cooking some gourmet, balanced meals (of which I seriously CBFed explaining at the moment, probably coz its been nearly a week since I put some proper into effort any meal [I cooked some wicked scrambled eggs with fresh parsley n avocado on a seedy as fuck, no pun intended, wholemeal bread this morning if that even counts?]) butttttttttt your shit you're coming up with is ridiculous.....

BTW, I've always wanted to ask ya, is your username reffering to ye old dirty bastard from the wu-tang clan? please say it is =D

There is still awesome, cheap silverbeet at the markets here. Going to make some filo pastries tonight or tomorrow. Filo was one of the first things I experimented with when I started cooking for myself as a teenager, but it's been ages since I have used it. Got some pine nuts, which are interesting to read about. Why are they so expensive!?

i cooked and ate the shit out of a big ass chicken schnitzel and big plate of snow peas, carrot, mushies and half a big ass roma tomatoe. scrum diddly umptious!

nothing for dessert :( unless i whip up some pancakes, but tis too humid atm i reckon.

I cooked atlantic salmon fillets last night, just had it with salad, was nice.

^ I freaking love salmon, fresh salmon especially. Marinated so they caramelize and get sticky in the pan, yum!

I bought a bunch of english spinach yesterday and am a bit of a loss what to do with it. I was getting sick of silverbeet because the bunches I had been buying were massive.

^ I freaking love salmon, fresh salmon especially. Marinated so they caramelize and get sticky in the pan, yum!.

I salt the shit outa the skin side, chuck it in the pan at a fairly high temp.

Usually results in dark,crunchy salty skin... Yum