• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marijuana Wax

drgreenthumb00

Bluelighter
I haven't been on this site in a very long time.
But anywayz...

I've been smoking weed for 15+ years. I smoked marijuana wax for the first time tonight. My "friend" told me it was higher concentration of thc. 30% thc.

What exactly is the process of making wax? How does it end up having higher thc % than most bud?

On a side note, using a butane lighter was a bit weird. I'm used to using a bic lighters.

w-why is friend in quotes? im scared...

wax is isomerized hash, and all hash is concentrated THC, so anything like bubble hash or imported hash or pressed kief or QWISO oil or butane honey oil is mostly THC

super relevant, check out these dirtbag dan songs. His whole rap crew uses a lot of pens and whatnot.
NSFW:
Dirtbag dan- Concentrate
NSFW:
Dirtbag dan- Wax flow

w-why is friend in quotes? im scared...

wax is isomerized hash, and all hash is concentrated THC, so anything like bubble hash or imported hash or pressed kief or QWISO oil or butane honey oil is mostly THC
I doubt most hash is isomerized.... It usually a solvent extracted hash such as hexane, butane, alcohol, etc, which becomes confusing because water is also a solvent. If one is careful enough they can get a wax like product from various water hash methods even dry ice. Usually the potency is closer to 60%+ although I have seen impure wax/oil that was tested only 20%-30%

QWISO is a good way to start as you can try the method with isopropyl alcohol or ethanol then move onto more advance solvents such as hexane, pentane, or supercritical extracts that work with butane, CO2, or even O2. At that point it requires unique possibly expensive equipment and the right space without risking blowing one self up.

Personally I prefer water hash

Wax is super easy to make. In simple terms to make bho you grind your bud and put it in a glass extracting tube (looks like a dildo) Put a coffee filter over the open end and stick the butane nozzle in the other end and blast the butane through into a pyrex dish. Put that dish on a heating element on the lowest setting and keep swirling the mixture around. This will purge most of the butane out. A more expensive method is to vacuum purge it but I've never done that before so I cant answer that. Top shelf stuff can be upwards of 70% thc. 30% I'd consider to be terrible quality considering top shelf bud can be upwards of 20-23%

It has higher concentration than bud because your washing off all the trichomes and leaving plat matter behind

^^^ why? I'm new to making wax so im still learning. you wold think a coffee filter would be able to filter smaller particles

Honestly it is up to preference.... As long as it in untreated and unbleached paper go for it! You could use a metal screen to reinforce the coffee filter too so it doesn't rip. Metal is just more durable also less likely to be reactive.