• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Marijuana reset

xaddictx

Bluelighter
Not sure if I'm in the right area. If so, mods please move. I was going thru a bit of alcohol withdrawal, nothing bad just anxiety. I smoked some weed yesterday and it seems like it reset my brain because when I woke up today, I felt fine. No sign of withdrawal. Can weed do this?

lol, weed bleedings. Yo.. so how would a weed withdrawal feel like, if we're here why not share with me? I am extremely curious, god you made me laugh ty so much.

Not really. At least by no mechanism I can think of, other than alcohol withdrawal simply being pretty short lived (for some).

In fact marijuana has pro adrenergic effects that could even make GABAergic withdrawal worse (although the adrenergic properties are seen generally in consistent users of marijuana). This is one of the reasons why heavy marijuana abusers sometimes need additional anesthetic agents in the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia.

Not sure if I'm in the right area. If so, mods please move. I was going thru a bit of alcohol withdrawal, nothing bad just anxiety. I smoked some weed yesterday and it seems like it reset my brain because when I woke up today, I felt fine. No sign of withdrawal. Can weed do this?
the anxiety you were experiencing was likely psychological and not actual withdrawal

when I quit drinking taking a quick jog would reset my anxiety/perceived withdrawal

a lot of things, like weed, can take your mind off the anxiety of not drinking

the anxiety you were experiencing was likely psychological and not actual withdrawal

when I quit drinking taking a quick jog would reset my anxiety/perceived withdrawal

a lot of things, like weed, can take your mind off the anxiety of not drinking
Makes sense. Thanx Snafu

The after effects of weed can last into the next day, maybe you were just feeling slight relief from some of the already mild withdrawal symptoms because there was still weed in your system

Last edited:
Not really. At least by no mechanism I can think of, other than alcohol withdrawal simply being pretty short lived (for some).

In fact marijuana has pro adrenergic effects that could even make GABAergic withdrawal worse (although the adrenergic properties are seen generally in consistent users of marijuana). This is one of the reasons why heavy marijuana abusers sometimes need additional anesthetic agents in the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia.
Even if its Indica dominant?

Even if its Indica dominant?

Would not matter.

Though marijuana does seem to have some anti-addictive effects, at least philosophically in the psychedelic-like high. Can cause one to reevaluate things. But physiologically not so much, beyond whatever mild sedation and (variable) anti-anxiety effect it might have.

Would not matter.

Though marijuana does seem to have some anti-addictive effects, at least philosophically in the psychedelic-like high. Can cause one to reevaluate things. But physiologically not so much, beyond whatever mild sedation and (variable) anti-anxiety effect it might have.
Ok. Yea I'm just speaking from experience. Sativa dominant would send me into a literal anxiety attack. Borderline panic attack, whereas Indica I can handle and eventually puts me to sleep