• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Mandrax (Methaqualone, Quaalude), how do i do it?

Someone13232

Bluelighter
[EDIT]- ive had this sent over from South Africa where quaalude was previously a widespread but now dying habit in many ghettos
heres the best information ive found from a South African drugs awareness website: http://www.drugaware.co.za/mandrax.html

ive been advised to crush it on a bowl of weed and smoke it slowly and hold it for long, but im looking for more information on the most effective way to get it in my system as i only have 2 of them and 500mg (per pill) seems like an intimidating dose to smoke in a single hit. apparently they dont dissolve but just pass through you due to the nature of the clandestinely made pill filler.

do i want the substance to burn or would it be much better in glassware?
what would a safe dosage be to smoke or vape assuming it is pure chemical?
what solvent can i crush this pill in to recrystallize the clean drug from?

Last edited:
come on guys, someone must have some first hand experience with this. i could speculate, but i may not be correct on the exact form the chemical comes in considering its sketchy background, the main issue here is will it be methaqualone freebase/HCL/Fumar/whatever kind of salt, the rest of the knowledge i can derive from this.

is there anywhere i can send a small portion of a pill for analysis? i'd rather not send a whole one assuming i wont get it back, i just need to know the make-up of the active ingredient

Eat them like they are supposed to be Qualudes are supposed to be the bomb the Lemon brand are the best if the film The Wolf Of Wall ST is to believed

as mentioned, the nature of the illegally street-made pills means they do not bode well to be swallowed (you shit them back out with no effect), the pills are designed as a storage/dosage medium, not a means of ingestion, but i dont know if a whole pill is a physically harmful amount to smoke on your first try (i'd never give someone a "normal" line of ketamine on their first try, it can be dangerous)
im desperately looking for someone with first hand knowledge on this, i can speculate for myself haha

and lemmon 714's are fakes, any branded ones will be, many fake ludes are available as far as south-north americas/the uk/southern europe (mainly due to the film), and i can buy valium for myself without getting ripped off thanks :p

I once saw a documentary about the mandrax abuse problem in south africa, iirc, it said a third of a pill was a normal hit, it also said it gunna make you puke, i believe the qoute was "have a pail ready" no experience though.

Thanks for the info guys always had a curiosity with qualudes from the movies like Trading places and The Wolf of Wall st

Here is a chart with oral dosages, but you'd have to know oral bioavailability vs. bioavailability when smoked to extrapolate a good smoking dose from this. Here is an experience report from someone that lists 0.5 pill as his dose when smoked, but this ofcourse isn't an indication either.

Be aware that quaaludes in Africa (and other places if they come from elsewhere) are nothing like the pharmaceutical grade pills of the 70s, 80s and 90s, they are often cut with a plethora of hazardous chemicals so indeed the best thing would be to first look into extracting the methaqualone from the pills because of this before you do anything else. This will make it much easier to dose and it will eliminate the various possible cuts and fillers. See below for an extraction process. I don't know if there's an easier way, I can't find any others.

I believe there are certain labs that you can send whatever sample you want to and they will do a gc/ms (ecstasydata is one I believe) but it will cost you a pretty penny and I don't know if any of them will give you an actual dose, ecstasydata only gives you a ratio of active ingredients for instance (like->Caffeine: 1, MDMA: 2) and I don't know if they use the entire sample so it may be useless to weigh the sample you send in and extrapolate the dose based on the weight of the sample and the ratios...

Sorry I can't give you any more info, I have no personal experience with this substance as you don't come across it in my area

Methaqualone extraction from almost any sample according to a united nations office for drugs pdf. Here is a link to the entire document with some other info about the substance
Since methaqualone/mecloqualone exhibits are mostly from illicit manufacture, a
simple extraction procedure may not work in all cases because of interference from
raw materials, intermediates and by-products from clandestine routes. Nevertheless
the following procedure provides a fast and simple way of isolating methaqualone or
mecloqualone from most powder, tablet or capsule samples.

The representative sample of powder, tablet or capsule is suspended in 1M sodium
bicarbonate solution. Methaqualone/mecloqualone (as the free base) may be extracted
quantitatively with several portions of dichloromethane. The combined organic layers
are filtered, dried over anhydrous sulphate and evaporated.
Due to the trace amounts of drug usually present on glassware and other equipment
found in clandestine laboratories, the nature of the analysis should be geared towards
conclusive analytical procedures rather than presumptive tests. Wash the syringe or
glassware with a minimum amount of dichloromethane or methanol, concentrate to
dryness under a stream of nitrogen and proceed with selected tests. Organic layers
may be filtered, dried over anhydrous sulphate and reduced to dryness under a stream
of nitrogen gas.

Last edited:
most informative post yet, thanks very much.
the extraction process is too complicated for me and involves controlled materials, i guess my success will depend on whether any analysis reports say it contains rat poison or not.
someone in another quieter section of the forum said you can get things analyzed at police stations, im not sure if this is a troll or not, i am in the UK not Nazi-Drug-State-America after all so maybe the police will be on the side of harm reduction as opposed to "DRUGS R BAD MKAY"

what if i go to a hospital or something and say like "my friend ate the other half of this pill and is now feeling ill and is too scared to come in incase he gets arrested, will you tell me whats in it?" maybe make up some allergy bullshit.

gonna read that link of 500mg smoked

You are welcome. Don't take anything you read in those reports for granted. As you will probably realize there are a lot of unknown factors at play here that can vary wildly between your situation and the story you read in those trip reports. Dosage, route of administration, adulterants, metabolism, tolerance and/or cross tolerance with other substances. Just use your common sense, as far as I know it's a very fun substance but its potency isn't to be underestimated =D good luck and have fun! Keep us posted

*edit* oh, if you read the link about the 500mg, it isn't 500mg, it's half a pill he uses, so who knows what dose. Besides he shared this dose among several people ('I finish half the pill in this way, usually with a couple of people'). That's what I mean, be careful with what information you use when you read it

interesting report, nice that its by a genuine S-African smoking bottlenecks haha, i would be bonging it, and as far as finding a safe dosage goes i will grind up the 1.4 gram pill and start off with 10mg on top of a bong of weed (1.4 grams of pill containing 500mg material should make 10mg of pill be 3.5mg MTQ) and then see if theres any threshold effects/allergies, and titrate onwards from there, probably at a rate of 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 70mg, (hourly) at which point i should have used a tenth of the pill in total and a 20th in a single hit, which should definately let me feel enough effects to judge dosage onwards from there (report user is experienced and says typically 16 hits can be got out of a pill)

i still find bottlenecks a somewhat confusing smoking method, do they use the bit where the bottle goes outwards as a bowl for the pipe or just the short neck bit like a little glass chillum?

i may try some on my friends ghetto crackpipe too, see how that pans out

Look here. Apparently they sell testkits for methaqualone, maybe a good idea to get one, as they are pretty cheap? You'd probably find single testkits sold too if you looked for them. That way you will at least know for sure that the pill contains methaqualone, and maybe get an indication of how contaminated the pill is. I don't know if it's the case with this particular testkit, but with the ones for MDMA if you see any other colors besides the intended one (dark blue/purple/black in the case of marquis test for MDMA) or if there is some inconsistency in the reaction (spots that don't react, weird looking texture to the liquid) it has other active chemicals in it. This varies among different testkits though, so I don't know about this one...

come on guys, someone must have some first hand experience with this. i could speculate, but i may not be correct on the exact form the chemical comes in considering its sketchy background, the main issue here is will it be methaqualone freebase/HCL/Fumar/whatever kind of salt, the rest of the knowledge i can derive from this.

is there anywhere i can send a small portion of a pill for analysis? i'd rather not send a whole one assuming i wont get it back, i just need to know the make-up of the active ingredient
Hey ima bio chimist. First off yes you can smoke it
You break off the cone and of a beer bottle. Pack it with a cotton ball o top of that you add tobacco and low grade weed sprinkled with crushed methaqualone i.e. ludes. Dont do the whole pill as it only with take a few hit to knock your dic* in the dirt. Trust me it really works. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have experience with methaqualone in powder form and that gave me the best effect orally around 500-700mg. No experience with smoking it or pills but as the normal way of dosing is oral it would seem strange to me that only smoking would work.

Eat them like they are supposed to be Qualudes are supposed to be the bomb the Lemon brand are the best if the film The Wolf Of Wall ST is to believed
Rorers were just as "bomb" as Lemmons
do NOT smoke Mandrax

I dunno, but when i tried smoking etaqualone i wound up half dead in an ICU for a number of days...