• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man Used Embalming Fluid From Human Brain to Soak Marijuana, Police Say

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
MATT MAISEL Fox43 said:
PENN TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Pat Beck and her husband David thought something might be wrong when the police showed up to the vacant trailer-home next door in late June.

On Friday, when they learned a human brain was found under their neighbor's porch, the couple was terrified.

"It just scares me to death," Pat said. "I didn't think they were that kind of people, but nowadays, you never know."

The brain was found in a Wal-Mart bag under the trailer's front porch. Police say the duo who used to live there is wanted for participating in multiple burglaries.

On Thursday, Pennsylvania State Police charged Joshua Long, 26 of Carlisle, with abuse of a corpse for his role in the brain activity. According to court documents, Long would frequent the Penn Township home of Robby Zoller and Angela Micklo. While there, state police say, Long would soak marijuana in the brain's formaldehyde, and he and Zoller would "smoke 'wet'", causing an intense, hallucinating, and dangerous high.

Long was already in Cumberland County Prison on several burglary charges.

Zoller and Micklo have been "on the run" for the past five weeks, according to court documents.

On June 21, Long's aunt -- and Micklo's sister -- was cleaning the the empty home when she came across the brain-filled bag. She contacted Silver Spring Township Police, which then brought state police into the investigation.

State police returned the brain to Cumberland County Coroner Charley Hall, who confirmed the brain was real and belonged to an adult human. Hall also concluded, according to court records, the brain was most likely a teaching specimen.

"At this point now we're just trying to figure out where it came from," said Trooper Robert Hicks. "We're hoping that if anyone is missing a human specimen brain to bring it to our attention and maybe we can return it to its rightful owner."

Long even gave the brain a nickname -- "Freddy" -- according to documents which detail a prison conversation between he and his aunt.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Robby Zoller and Angela Micklo are asked to contact Silver Spring Township Police at 717-591-8240.

Article link:
http://fox43.com/2016/07/15/stolen-brain-found-under-cumberland-co-porch-used-to-get-high/

The lengths or depths or whatever that some people go to in order to get high never cease to amaze.
And who just keeps a brain around that hasn't been discovered missing?

Last edited:
We're hoping that if anyone is missing a human specimen brain to bring it to our attention and maybe we can return it to its rightful owner.

One of the greatest police quotes I've ever read.

^ i think it's a combination of ignorance, urban myth and stupidity :\

I've ran into many people that are convinced embalming fluid and pcp are the same thing

I've ran into many people that are convinced embalming fluid and pcp are the same thing

Yes a lot of people believe this, even though they're not the same at all.

I remember it was on the TV show six feet under where the one woman's boyfriend at the time stole formaldehyde or embalming fluid from the family's funeral home, smoked some of it on herb in school, and flipped out as though he was on PCP.

This is what the misinformation of the drug war causes. The call it embalming fluid, or formaldahyde because of the smell and color.

And it kind of makes you feel like a zombie lol. This has to be the weirdest story I've ever read.

I don't think its weird. It is sad...it is sad because that person couldn't think of anything better to do, and had access to an embalmed brain.

I also like how the neighbors said they didn't think they were that kind of people. Who the fuck would ever think that their neighbors just have a Walmart bag with a brain in it under the porch?!? Also who's dumb enough to actually attempt to smoke formaldehyde?!? Thanks war on drugs/the government! If you would properly educate people instead of using fear tatics that poor lady wouldn't have found a bagged up brain!

You guys have to remember its the police who gave you the "wet" theory. Just because the police say something does not make it true, they are not experts on drugs. They know less about drugs than you do.
Why the fuck would he need formaldehyde that was used to store a human brain? Why not go to the local high school lab and steal a preserved animal specimen? Is Formaldehyde even controlled? Do you even have to steal it? The far more likely theory is this clown wanted the brain because of a different drug myth, the one Hunter S Thompson made made popular, he was trying to get adrenochrome from the brain.

" We're hoping that if anyone is missing a human specimen brain to bring it to our attention and maybe we can return it to its rightful owner...."

I don't think the " rightful owner " will be getting his brain back .....
[ with a little consideration , a brain in a jar of fluid is a somewhat disturbing notion - I certainly would not wish to wind up so .... ]

nah, not a police quote but this surely is the best bit of the article

"On Thursday, Pennsylvania State Police charged Joshua Long, 26 of Carlisle, with abuse of a corpse for his role in the brain activity."

the irony being his activities are not what you would consider involving much input from his own brain

You guys have to remember its the police who gave you the "wet" theory. Just because the police say something does not make it true, they are not experts on drugs. They know less about drugs than you do.
Why the fuck would he need formaldehyde that was used to store a human brain? Why not go to the local high school lab and steal a preserved animal specimen? Is Formaldehyde even controlled? Do you even have to steal it? The far more likely theory is this clown wanted the brain because of a different drug myth, the one Hunter S Thompson made made popular, he was trying to get adrenochrome from the brain.
Lol this dude broke it down forreal, Ive heard of the misconception of embalming fluid being PCP, but Ive never heard of some stuff like this. Theyre giving PCP and weed a bad wrap, you see..