• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Man, psychedelic toad arrested

bulldog8b said:
"A US man and his pet toad have been arrested"

How do you handcuff a frog and did they have to use an interpreter to interrogate the frog?

After seeing what it was like in Toad Jail, the toad agreed to become a confidential DEA informant.

If this happened where I live, it would be dismissed the very next morning, and I'm in one of the most "conservative" counties in Michigan.

SteeleyJ said:
I've been thinking about getting one of theese toads, not necessarily to trip off it though. I like the idea of having a pet with a psychedelic flowing through his body.

Buy a human, their going pretty cheap these days ;)

My pod supplier ships out of that city, so I approve of this police wild goose chase.

Maybe he had a popsicle stick up its arse licking it on the front porch with a brewski.

But yeah. . . .how did he get caught. . .

What exactly were the grounds for him being arrested? I thought the compounds produced by the toad are un-scheduled?

Also you would think at least one of the news outlets I've seen this story mentioned on would have done the 30 seconds of research it would take to learn that licking the toad is ineffective.

Schizzy said:
What exactly were the grounds for him being arrested? I thought the compounds produced by the toad are un-scheduled?

Also you would think at least one of the news outlets I've seen this story mentioned on would have done the 30 seconds of research it would take to learn that licking the toad is ineffective.
nope they're scheduled, if it's bufo alvarus toad it's got bufotenin, 5meodmt, and dmt iirc.

I don't believe licking the toad is ineffective, though I don't know the process, perhaps you need to squeeze the glands or something :\

The far, far bigger issue, that I'm surprised everyone is glossing over here, is clearly WHAT made this man have intent?! Was it that he told people, who reported to the cops and gave statements, that he was planning to trip on it? Or is this a case of him holding a psychoactive toad, wearing a tye dyed t-shirt and having dreadlocks, and the authorities just presuming there was intent?

If it's the latter of those then this is a very scary arrest precedent, as it's inherently no different than you having a DMT-bearing plant in your backyard, and I'll bet many here DO and don't even know it!

I recently had a thread on these 'special plants', plants that are not illegal (like marijuana is), but that contain ingredients that are illegal if processed. It seemed 100% legit to grow them as long as you did not process ingredients. I thought it would be cool to know my plants had special stuff in them, just knowing that made them cooler - I had no intention of harvesting. I decided against getting any of them, despite their legality, and I'm glad I did now because if he can get arrested for "INTENT" for simply having the toad, then why can't anyone be arrested for having mimosa trees, or peruvian torch cacti, etc?

^ Excellent point. It's a scary road to be going down for a so-called "Democratic" nation...

I'd like to think that, but if he was caught in the act then it almost surely would've been mentioned (I mean, it even would've made a better story. Hell, with a pic, it could've become as classic as that infamous dude with gold spray paint all over his shady mug!).

I don't see anything about him being charged, so that's quasi-comforting. I mean, if he can be charged than so can anyone who has any drug bearing plants/animals. And if all that's needed is intent, and they're only needing to see drug-liking behavior/attitude to go ahead with intent, the precedent here (even if only for police harrassment/arrests adn not actual charges), it's just really shady.

For instance, it's 100% legal for my grandmother to grow a peruvian torch catcus. She could post a grow log, talk about it all day, she could be in love with her cactus.

I, on the other hand, know off the top of my head (mostly) how to extract alkaloids from plants, and am aware of what is inside a peruvian torch cactus. Now, I wanted one of these, NOT for tripping, but rather because I've tripped many times and find the idea of that plant very cool - it's just far more special to me because I know what's in it. That has nothing to do with me processing or using the plant, that's just a special appreciation I have for it.

This begs the question, are you only allowed to have a pet like a colorado river toad, or a cactus like the peruvian torch, if you're ignorant of it? If I find the psychoactive constituents in this seemingly normal plant highly appealing from a novelty point of view, I'm suddenly barred from ownership, or have the dangling threat that I may be prosecuted for INTENT, even if there was never ever a single moment that I would've wanted to use my plant to trip?!

The key, if you live in the right climate and can do it, would be to grow your cacti as large as possible, then you can cut off a piece and it will grow back, an endless supply. ;)

I think a tadpole might have called one of those anonymous tip lines, saying his buddy was being molested.