• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Make your own HTP...

ALL 5-HTP is extracted from the seeds these days from memory....

You don't trust vitamins? Why? Companies are still held to standards in their products... What's the difference between a synthetic vitamin and a natural one? They have exactly the same chemical formula and molecular shape.

well the standards held by companies which sell vitamins are a lot less stringent that those for drug companies.

^^ tis true, but what he's arguing (or at least one of the points) is that theres some fundamental difference between synthetic and natural vitamins.

Whilst synthetic ones don't seem to be absorbed as well, they're certainly the same compound

im talking long term health, like GM foods, creating body cells and compounds out of sythetic chemicals just doesnt seem right. remember when DDT was gonna save the worlds agriculture??? hmmm yea

When was DDT going to save the worlds agriculture. It's a defoliant. Meanwhile, you eat synthetic things all the time unless you eat things that you grew/farmed and cooked yourself.

DeSpise said:
im talking long term health, like GM foods, creating body cells and compounds out of sythetic chemicals just doesnt seem right. remember when DDT was gonna save the worlds agriculture??? hmmm yea

What about people with diabetes? All their insulin is made by genetically engineered bacteria. Many of them would die without it.

phase_dancer said:
Ever had a warm glass of milk before bed? I get the same drowsiness after 2 x 500mg tryptophan as I do from drinking milk or eating ice cream late at night. While there is certainly some competition for carrier transport during assimilation, I'm quite sure some tryptophan is absorbed.

1 liter of milk from memory contains ~8g of tryptophan.

Hmmm that's quite interesting and possibly explains why I am sleepy all of the time.

I drink about 4 litres of milk per day :|

there is a massive difference between someone who drains their bodys nutrients with noxious chemicals and then ingests more chemicals to replace whats been depleted, than say a peron who eats some manufactured food in their diet.

theres also alot of difference between this and diabetes, drugs and vitamins are not the same thing...

i dont know where your getting you info blitzor but DDT was a 'miracle' pestice developed in the 50/60's that they later discovered is extremely toxic to humans and animals causing birth defects, cancer, liver damage, etc... then they discovered it stays around in the food chain for about 15 years being transferred from plants to various animals.
whats the relevance of this? the human race has a long history of discovering a great solution to their problems then many years later discovering that their solution is worse than the problem ever was!

Just a question from a less-scientifically-minded person: I've been prescribed Imigran (Sumatriptan) for migraines and was wondering if this relates to 5-HTP at all?

Natural is not always better for you or even superior chemically. My old reminder is Vitamin C. Unless you source Vit C from citrus or some other abundantly rich food source, then it is made synthetically, mostly via essentially the same process that's been used since it's discovery in 1933.

Glucose---catalyst/H2 ---> Sorbitol

Sorbitol + Acetobacter Suboxydans --> ketone product

Ketone Product
+ Acetone + Acid --> tert dioxy ether

Dioxy ether + Bleach (NaOCl) --> Carboxylic acid

Carboxylic acid + Hydrochloric Acid + Ethanol --> Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)

There's a couple of steps left out but it shows the general route. Of course there's nothing chemically or or physically different to pure vitamin C whether it's source via this method or naturally - unless of course you're into subatomic vibrational memory effect, in which case perhaps you've got cause for concern

Ref; Mc Murry Organic Chemistry 4th Ed 1996 pages 792-793

westilina said:
Just a question from a less-scientifically-minded person: I've been prescribed Imigran (Sumatriptan) for migraines and was wondering if this relates to 5-HTP at all?

Well Sumatriptan is a 5-HT1B/1D receptor agonist, that is to say, the bind to, and activate a couple of serotonin receptors. They supposidly work by a bunch of mechanisms, like constriction of painfully dilated blood vessels in your brain, inhibit the release of neuropeptides which constrict blood vessels, and inhibition of pain transmission in the brain.

5-HTP should increase the release of serotonin in the brain a little bit.

What effect this could have is a hard one to geuss at, but probably, none at all.

What would be good 4 meth come downs? What about when been on both meth and mdma? troysine? 5hp? Both?
Will 5htp help to regain dopimine? Help!
I try to maintain the healthyest lifestyle posible (apart from my weekend useage) so any advise on how to reduce negative side effects would be greatly appriciated. Does any1 else take aloe-vera juice? I hear its a good system cleaner (along with green tea.) It also supports the liver, kidneys and digestive system, or am i better going 4 something else?

The parralel of 5-HTP in the dopamine system is L-DOPA, which you can't get without a perscription in most countries.

Green tea might be a good one, it's got some serious antioxidants in it.

That meth pre load is so helpful, cheers big-trancer.
I dont know whether this is a stupid question or not but is their a combined, l-troysine/5-htp product. This array of supplements will end up costing me just as much as the gear(although a small price to pay for harm reduction). Where can i purchase L-trosine in Auckland? I know where to get 5htp, same place possibly?
Thanks heaps.

^^^ Almost definatly. I assume you're getting your 5-HTP from a health food store?

yup, most health food shops in Auckland have it, i only heard of l-troysine a couple of days ago. Such a pain taking (and paying 40 4+ suplements though.
Damit! Why dont they think of us clubers when they designed these thing and made a 5hyp,l-troysine, magnesium, anti oxidant, vitamain c all in 1! so in considerate i tell you!