• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica WD. What to do?

NedKelly

Greenlighter
Been ages since I've been here I had to start a new account.
I've been on Lyrica for years due to back pain I'm taking 150mg twice a day.
A few weeks ago my doctor thought it was time to stop taking lyrica so I stopped cold turkey. This has been the worst WD I have ever had.
I had severe anxiety attacks, panic attacks, I would start crying uncontrollably, when I was younger I always had anger issues which over time I learnt to control well now it's back, my anger has been off the chart where my missus nearly left me cause she was concerned for her and our children's safety. I've gone back on lyrica at the original dose until I can work out what to do.
Unfortunately the anger side of the problem has not completely disappeared I will go into a hulk rage at a drop of a hat over something little.
I need something to suggest my doc. I was thinking lorazepam cause of the short 1/2 life or would a long acting benzo be better. I'm not looking at Xanax due to the prescription class it's in here in Aus.
Also I wanna use it to help with Lyrica withdrawals and the same time alcohol withdrawals. I've been a very heavy drinker for 22 years.
I'm open to suggestions.
I'm desperate for help.

Thanks