• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Lyrica Tolerance Reset?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
A few days ago I took 4 or so 150mg Lyrica pills (after a 2 month break from it), then the next day I took 4 pills again, then another 6 throughout the day. I didn't take anything yesterday and today would like to take some. Am I going to feel nothing today cause of taking a higher amount 2 days ago?

Also, as a side note, I hear people talking about withdrawal from Lyrica over and over but I have never experienced anything like this.... With any medication. Any particular reason I haven't experienced any sort of withdrawal ever?

In my experiences this happens: you wont get any euphoria and you only feel like 25% of the first days effects.

If you want to always feel the real lyrica feeling, take it once a week and keep some week breaks.

Lyrica is an odd drug
I was on it for a few months and it started to give me a manic like feeling.
I stopped and didn't have withdrawals but your tolerance pretty much doubles every time.

I was on gabapentin for years at high doses for chronic headaches and never got withdrawals either.

With gabapentin I only felt psychoactive effects on the first time using after a break or if I stopped taking it daily and only took it a few times a week. Although if I staggered doses of 300mg~ every 15 min for 3 or 4 hours I would feel quite sedated and tipsy like on alcohol or benzos.

Is lyrica that much better than gabapentin? I always wanted to try it but they didnt prescribe it in my country back then.

I was on gabapentin for years at high doses for chronic headaches and never got withdrawals either.

With gabapentin I only felt psychoactive effects on the first time using after a break or if I stopped taking it daily and only took it a few times a week. Although if I staggered doses of 300mg~ every 15 min for 3 or 4 hours I would feel quite sedated and tipsy like on alcohol or benzos.

Is lyrica that much better than gabapentin? I always wanted to try it but they didnt prescribe it in my country back then.

Pregabalin is way more effective than gabapentin. It cannot saturate and the bioavailability is much higher which means more potent.

As an update, I did take 4 150mg pills and it seemed to help still just like before, no issues or increased tolerance. Curious... I will likely take 2 pills today to see if it still takes the edge off the pain with the regular dose.

Also... I got my prescription filled at a pharmacy a few days ago... But I just had Costco pharmacy call saying my prescription was ready for pickup... There was a bunch of things that went wrong and I think in the confusion they may have given ANOTHER script to Costco. Should I go to pick it up or will I get in trouble if I take it or something?

I know it's very atypical for something like that to happen but there was some major screw-ups and a lot of confusion (e.g. Pharmacy transferred script when illegal to do so... Then it was canceled but also not, then transferred back which was again illegal, and then they were going to send to the Costco pharmacy but ended up getting it to another one where I picked it up.). Do you think that I may have lucked out and I'll be able to grab the script again from Costco? I talked to a pharmacy tech over the phone and they said it was indeed there at Costco ready to be picked up.

Yeah it’s up to you whether you want to risk it I was given an a extra script of something in the past but then the pharmacy called the next day to get it back luckily I had not taken it.

But who knows maybe in this situation they won’t realise. If you’re confident you can talk your way out of it or explain in the circumstance that they do realise later then I’d take it.

Oh and that’s cool to hear pregabalin works much better. I might get a script for it if my headaches start getting worse/more frequent then.