• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica recreational use

Calliexoxo

Greenlighter
Hi, I have been informed yawning lyrica recreationaly for a while now on and off. But don't matter how many mgs I seem to take lately I just get very fuzzy headaches and sleepy its not enjoyable any more and this is after a three week break. Any one know how to get that euphoria feeling etc back again? Also anyone feel really ill after stopping lyrica I get so weak all over my body mainly my legs where I'm afraid to walk get dizzy spells headaches and nausea

Thanks in advance

Well that's what happens when you abuse drugs.

They stop giving you the effect you were abusing them for, happens with all drugs and it's the same when you stop. You start to get withdrawal symptoms.

Unfortunately, what you're describing here OP is pretty much par for the course. Gabapentinoids are generally accepted to be less "abusable" and/or addictive than drugs like Benzodiazepines for instance, but they are still capable of habituating users, producing powerful epileptic-like episodes in overdose and causing severe withdrawal syndromes. All of these things come when you push it too far. These drugs can be of great utility for a variety of reasons, but just like any other substance, over-use can make them use-less.

Scratch that dosing figure it's way too high, 300 is what I meant to say, 600 would be a max daily dosage