• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica- phenibut-klonopin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok, so I saw my pdoc for the last time. I'm moving to TN where kratom is illegal. I know it sucks. So I've been snorting lyrica and taking scoops of phenibut. I take my klonopin as prescribed.

Has anyone else had this wonderful combo?=D

Snorting pregabalin or any other gabapentinoid is pointless because they need to bind to the L transporter in the intestine in order to cross the blood brain barrier to exert their therapeutic and recreational effects.

All you're going to do is delay it's action by making it drip down to this. It would be much better to parachute it, IMO.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7722496

I'd like to share that I too am a pain patient and use kratom daily alongside Rx clonazepam, have been for years. I've used gabapentin on and off both recreationally and medicinally.

about a month ago I decided to try phenibut. I loved it, naturally I began taking it daily =D

after 10 days I decided to lay off just because. So I did for two days and then morning of the 3rd day I was hit with a horrendous physical withdrawl. Trembling, sweaty, tachycardic, extreme panic, numbness in the face and extremities. This persisted and slowly dropped off over the next week. More clonazepam than usual was needed to get through, as well as beta blockers.

For me, phenibut became outrageously physically addictive in a very short amount of time. 8 days post last use and I'm still having panic attacks.

The combo definitely kills pain but it left me feeling pretty depressed to be honest.

^You're touching upon a very important issue regarding Gabapentinoids. For those unaware, the Gabapentinoids are a class of drugs that include Phenibut, Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Pregabalin (Lyrica) among other drugs that are currently in development. We're still learning about these, as they are all fairly new compared to a lot of other commonly used substances. They appear to be very safe and non-toxic, even in extremely high dosages, but dependence, addiction and of course, withdrawal seem to be the major drawback.

I've been using these drugs (Pregabalin/Gabapentin) for a few years now. I discovered their utility for treating Opioid withdrawal and eventually grew to enjoy their effects independently. The thing is though, I use them like, twice a week. I've never been a daily user and have never understood (not judging) how people actually become dependent upon these drugs, as for myself, their effects wane at such a rate that they become practically useless after even just a few days of dosing.

For that reason, I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with the dependence/withdrawal issues of these drugs. They are said to be quite horrid and feature symptoms of both Opioid and Sedative/Hypnotic withdrawal, so that's clearly a big deal.