• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Lynch Mob Rising 1.0 - Viral 'documentary' "Vancouver is Dying" makes a vague call to stigmatize drug users.

Landrew

Bluelighter
I made a clip of a key argument in the Movie. - We need more stigma cuz of Miasma - JJ says so.

Sounds smug but I think hes not so blessed up there and cant help it [Drunk Drivers?] - so I did not give a trigger warning.

Screen%2BShot%2B2020-05-18%2Bat%2B9.15.58%2BAM.png

during a critique of BCs supposed Embracing harm reduction and ignoring prevention, enforcement and treatment to deal with the overdose crisis in BC, JJ Mc Cullogh goes on a tangent about some "miasma" leaving us with no choice but to double down on "free drugs and no stigma", which is a total horror to him, esp the no stigma part.

The doc then shows an image of Kennedy Stewarts head - before showing an image of a government webpage against stigma, despite the page being posted 2 years before Stewart became mayor. The page has tonnes of links and is not discussed at all in this 'documentary',

The movie had already brought on the stigma long before this point via a VPD statician. She claims you have a 1 in 4 chance of being attacked by a stranger, and blames the DTES as the source of these stranger attacks and a place where people 'just walk right by' as they happen.

The one in 4 stat requires ~120 years at Vancouver's population..

Last edited: