Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - Will it solve my addiction?

Humblee

Greenlighter
Hello!

I'm an 23 year old male from Norway, and im kinda having abit of an hard time with my decision to do LSD at the time of my life.
Im currently abit over a half a year sober from hard drugs after going to rehab, i've quit benzos at the time i went in to rehab (I were on 25mgs xanax daily) wich still is abit of a struggle with anxiety..

Anyways, so i'm happy staying clear of any hard drugs or pills, but i have this habbit of smoking weed and drinking alcohol.
I drink 5 big-box beers every night, if i dont smoke weed. When i got weed, wich is almost all the time, i smoke all the time!

I got 2 blotters of LSD in a vaccumebag in my drawer, and im wondering if anyone of you would have an opinion on it maybe getting an other perspective on my smoking-habits?

One of the blotter is 150ug, and is bigger than the other blotter wich is 185ug. These are confirmed doses.

Im not unexperienced with psychedelics, i've done N,N-DMT dosins of time's, i've picked my own psilocybe semilanceata here in Norway, and have had even more experience with 2c-b thn any psychedelic substances, at many doses.
I've had one prevous experience with LSD, but that time i was soo addicted to Benzos and speed that those drugs just overran it.. I know, i was a freakin' idiot at that time.

My life has become really stable! I keep my anonymity when getting ahold of these substances, and i've got an good relationship with my family again.

I dont know what to expect from the feedback here, but i just hope i get some good replies on some tips on the rumour where it might solve addiction problems, and get an better perspective from with-in on why like me gotta drink to solve anxiety and smoke weed to calm down?

I've also been thinking about micro-dosing it for focus-problems?

I'm sorry about my spelling errors! :)

Much love
Humblee

Last edited:
No. LSD by itself is not a cure your addictions, and taking it could very well make things worse for you. It sounds like you're in a good place to manage your habits and make progress with yourself, so I really suggest you seek professional help instead.

If you've already tried other psychs and they didn't make you wana quit smoking, what makes you think that tripping now will change things?

Psychedelics can help in some cases with things like addictions, but it takes work on your part. You have to go into it with that intention in mind and be very honest and open with yourself about what comes up. The experience is unpredictable, so it could end up triggering a traumatic experience and making things worse. Or it could help, or it could be neutral, and neither hurt nor help. If you stop to think about it, it says a lot about your ability to get through this on your own that you were able to quit 25mg of xanax a day, stay off hard drugs for a long period of time, and rebuild your life and relationships. Given that you did that, I think you have it within you to also stop doing weed and alcohol, if you feel they are a problem for you. :)

I just wanted to add that if you intend to use psychedelics to quit other substances, make sure it's a well thought out plan. You got to go into it with that intention. Based on the amount of alcohol you're drinking, I'd say take 2-3 days off before your trip is a minimum. Better if you take a week off. This'll bring your craving to the surface ias a kind of vulnerability. If you don't make the effort to quit before the trip, then the trip won't quit the substance for you. When you do trip, imagine the kind of drug usage you want in your life. Be very clear about this. If you want beer out of your life, make that your intent. Then relax and enjoy your trip. I'm not saying this is a magic formula, but it'll give you much better results than making no effort to change before the trip and having no clarity about what the result looks like. This tends to work pretty well actually in my experience.

Just so you know OP, alcohol should be considered a hard drug. I would consider it one of the hardest there is in terms of withdraw and life consequence.

I have had some of my worst trips on acid spent reflecting on the ugly side of human nature in general, but more specifically in relation to myself. Acid showed me how horrible addiction can be. The way it affects your loved ones is obvious yet hard to fully grasp when you constantly numb yourself with whatever your DOC is. It seems like you already know you have a problem though, and would like to fix it so you would be going in with the best of intentions.

Last edited:
Hehe, well i've realised that the topic headline shoulda been called "Might it solve my addiction?"

Anyways, i have to put in why i think this experience might be different from any of my others. Don't take me wrong, i've had many life changing experiences with DMT, but it's abit short for self exploration. I'm not in a hurry to just take this stuff, i know that im gonna wait for the right mindset.

Anyways, the reason why i think this will be different is because ive done alot of hard work with my addiction to benzos, and other stuff. Ive come to an good place in life, and i dont feel i NEED weed or alcohol to have an good day, or to enjoy life as it is. But when i get any weed, wich is ocassionally every 2-3 weeks, i start smoking ALOT.

Thanks for many good replies :)

Speaking from my own experience - psychedelic drugs, as revelatory as they may be, can still be completely useless as a tool when you're deep in any addiction / life circumstances are dire. There's so much denial, you already know deep down you're not doing yourself any favours. Taking lsd won't cure that.

However, it seems you're at a stage in your life with a better outlook, attitude and awareness. If you'd like to reflect on why you feel you need weed or alcohol whilst taking LSD, sure - why not. Just be prepared to take a good long look at your behaviour and be non-judgmental about yourself - just learn.

deep in any addiction / life circumstances are dire. There's so much denial, you already know deep down you're not doing yourself any favours. Taking lsd won't cure that.

Really? I think LSD could cure that. Stepping back and having a profound mystical experience is a great way of getting priorities in line.

I have had epiphanies on psychedelics I took action on while sober. This caused positive change.

I just meant IME, LSD (alone) generally isn't enough to rid you eternally of a habit.

Go to south america and take Ayahuasca from a well-trained shaman during one of there spiritual service's, that will change your life.

Alternatively, take oral DMT in a much more comfortable / safe setting?

Ya that would be better, I was jest putting it out not being serious. Benzos are terrible I am trying to get off them, down to a prescription of 6 mg clorazepam a day it is ruff. Its scare when you get a seizure from not having enough of it in your system. Going on four weeks with out drinking, and I drank a lot so I have that to be proud of. Don't smoke weed anymore well I will take a dab of wax on rear occasions if on vacation at a friends, I used to cultivate it, and was a vendor at many cannabis clubs. If I start smoking weed I smoke till I black out and fall down I got good at it would black out still standing when vision came back it was crazy asked my uncle if my eyes shut he was like nope he dose the same and still is, broke a few nice bongs that way so I cut that off to rear occasions so it will work good when I do take a dab or two.

Last edited:
LSD helped me stop smoking weed. Prior to taking it I was smoking pretty much all day everyday for a good 9 years. Had a trip a few weeks ago, and I just realized how the drug is fucking up my life; that I was spending all my money on it and it was making me anti-social and insecure. It was certainly a hell of a lot easier to quit it this time than at any other, so yeah I'd say it does have the potential to help you. It's not going to be an instant cure though