• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD Subthread] Storage of Liquid LSD

Okay... I'm going to preface this letting you know I don't have a lot of experience in this area (only had a few vials before) but in my experience....

A vial won't freeze in your freezer. Typically (IME) it is dissolved in high proof alcohol (like 195 proof) and a freezer is not going to freeze it. But, even if it did... The colder the space, the better.

You may want to place it in an ziplock bag (air-tight) with a silica packet (or any desiccant to absorb any moisture) inside. Keep it in that and out of the sunlight and it will last a very, very long time.

Causes of degradation)

1) sunlight/UV exposure
2) Heat
3) Oxidization (extraneous exposure to open air)
4) Chlorine

If for whatever reason you were going to dilute it (which I do not advocate...) use the highest proof ethanol available to you.

Enjoy your vial mate! I think I only got to eat ten hits out of my last vial. Its so scarce around here and I have so many friends that I dose out for free it kind of just vanishes within a few days. :p

with a silica packet (or any desiccant to absorb any moisture)
Are you positive that the silica gel would not suck up the moisture (liquid) in the vial? Even if it's just an ice drops bottle with a plastic top? If I put an ice drops bottle in a mason jar and froze it, would silica gel be a good or bad thing to add?

I at first thought "definitely add dessicant". But realizing it is a liquid and dessicants suck up liquid, not sure.

Interesting point. I would definitely use it for blotter... I honestly think if the lid is screwed on properly, it should come out of it... Don't take my word at 100% on this, though. But I wouldn't imagine it would be a problem...

if your trying to save it for years, freezer is a good idea...but if your going to be dosing somewhat frequently (every few weeks, every month) just throw it in the fridge. people over exaggerate how badly LSD degrades. hippies have saved some of their stash from the 70s and still been able to trip off it, keep it out of the light, heat, and moisture and your fine you dont need the coldest darkest place imaginable :p

hey yall-
thought all this was very informational & helpful. Just wanted to say thanks

Would this kind of bottle:

V_dropperbottlesglass.jpg

be preferable over this kind:

V_pipetflesjebruinglas.jpg

- Of course amber / brown glass is good against UV light - that is a general advantage both have
- The dropper bottle would still give you drops when running low, with the pipette in the lower one that would be rather difficult.

To check which kind gives more consistently sized drops (and thus doses) I would have to buy both and do some experimenting..

I am considering purchasing 100mg of LSD. I plan on putting it into distilled water solution of 2.5mg/ml. The solution will be stored in a freezer to prevent microbial growth and thawed as needed. I do not want to use an alcoholic solution as it can burn the nose or cause eye damage if taken that way.

Is regular, grocery store-bought distilled water pure enough to prevent breakdown of LSD due to dissolved contaminants (Cl, fluoride)? Is LSD soluble enough to fully stay in solution at this concentration (2.5mg/ml) when the water is fully thawed and liquid but just above freezing? Will 40ml of liquid water fit in a 100ml bottle when it is frozen? Would thawing and freezing of the solution affect the LSD?

I would say I know less about chemistry than you do nexus, but here are my opinions:
-Yes, I believe grocery store bought distilled water should be fine (distilled is distilled).
-I don't know if the concentration you are talking about will stay in solution or not when you freeze it, but you could always re-dissolve every time you thaw it if it does not.
-I think that concentration should be fine because that's a bit more than 100ug per drop, which isn't out of line from normal "liquid acid". I can't see freezing and thawing affecting the LSD.
-You should freeze it into many small samples IMO, so that you don't have to freeze and thaw the whole stash every time.
-40mL will definitely fit in a 100mL bottle when frozen.

I am considering purchasing 100mg of LSD. I plan on putting it into distilled water solution of 2.5mg/ml. The solution will be stored in a freezer to prevent microbial growth and thawed as needed. I do not want to use an alcoholic solution as it can burn the nose or cause eye damage if taken that way.

Is regular, grocery store-bought distilled water pure enough to prevent breakdown of LSD due to dissolved contaminants (Cl, fluoride)? Is LSD soluble enough to fully stay in solution at this concentration (2.5mg/ml) when the water is fully thawed and liquid but just above freezing? Will 40ml of liquid water fit in a 100ml bottle when it is frozen? Would thawing and freezing of the solution affect the LSD?

I am assuming since humidity is one of the major factors to avoid water and repeated defrosting isn't a good choice over alcohol; also can't see any good reason to stick it up your nose or in your eyes...a good dose orally will perfectly well blow your brains out

I am assuming since humidity is one of the major factors to avoid water and repeated defrosting isn't a good choice over alcohol; also can't see any good reason to stick it up your nose or in your eyes...a good dose orally will perfectly well blow your brains out
I don't like eating psychedelics. Seems wasteful. They all also give me nausea when eaten to varying degrees. LSD being the most mild, but I don't want to deal with it if I can avoid it.

Hi I have bought quite a few vials and know a lot of people whom keep these types of things on hand for festivals and raves the best way to keep it without losing any through degradation is the freezer and no it doesn’t freeze also you don’t lose volume due to sunlight and or heat or evaporation period so just saying from multiple knowledge people with many many years experience be smart keep it in the freezer but also find awash to make sure your container stays upright I usually use a pharmacy pill bottle with a napkin in it to prop the vial upright so it can’t fall over either then I position other items in the freezer to help keep the pill bottle stays upright be smart And dose responsibly everyone has there limits and with quality liquid you shouldn’t need much

I once kept blotter in the freezer for 10 years and had no noticeable loss in potency. Your vial likely contains an ethanol solution, so it won't freeze in a freezer. So put it in a ziplock bag and put it in the freezer. It will last you a lifetime if needed, while remaining liquid for usage.