• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD subthread] - Combinations and Comparisons to other substances

I've used opiates on the comedown with very pleasant results.

Most likely it will make the trip more mellow and warm, the opiate comfort could influence the experience. It would probably also make it easier to handle in public than straight LSD.

^Yeah a few tokes of opium saved me from a bad ride at a festival once, had been smoking meth throughout the day and had a drop and a half a tab. Felt it getting edgy so had a few bongs of weed and opium and then wandered off in smiley daze.

I agree with swilow. Daily smokers are the only people that should really fux with smoking weed on LSD. I smoke daily, and it hardly even alters the trip for me when I smoke -- I just enjoy the taste, and it helps ease some nausea that can be caused by the insanely high dosages I'm inclined to take.

However, last time I tripped, my friend who doesn't smoke much started panicking MAJORLY after taking just one baby rip of chronic out of my bubbler. It was not a good experience for him; I gave him a temazepam and put him to bed and all was cool, but it kinda fucked up the good vibes during my peak. I didn't mind though, shit happens when you trip--you gotta learn to go with the flow.

edit--on an interesting note. being a daily smoker, I've found that when I take Lucy, my trip sometimes won't really "kick in" until I take a hit of weed. Its as if the weed runs through my system instructing the LSD to stand at attention and go full speed ahead. Often, i won't feel it at all--until I take just 1 hit. Then the air develops a deep, hovering purple fog and I know I'm in for a good ride.

I agree. Being a daily chronic smoker, weed doesn't really seem to effect me while under the influence of LSD. If anything, it mellows me out a bit and just calms me due to the fact that I love smoking and I love smoking a lot on acid. But unfortunately, I never really feel "high" from smoking weed on acid, but its prob. just bc the body high is already stronger from the acid.

And as for what it means for the acid to be weak....probably just means its not a very pure strain of it. Good acid: drop it, comes up, trip face, plateau, come down, outta your system. Bad acid (or lower quality) can sometimes take longer to come on, may not have as intense visuals/euphoria and can sometimes last a lot longer (sometimes this is due to the fact that its actually DOC which is a lesser form of acid[not actually acid tho] in the sense that it does not provide as strong of a trip, but can last a lot longer.) Where a trip on good acid can last around 8-12hrs and then be out of your system, DOC can last for like 18-24hrs (which happened to my friend) I've taken a lot of psychedelics, DOC being the first (as I was told it was acid when I was new to trippin) and even though it wasnt as strong as good quality psychedelics i've had, let me tell you that DOC feels really fucking weird and provided me with one of the weirdest fucking 12 hours of my life (tho it wasnt necessarily a bad trip).

LSD doesn't come in strains, that doesn't make any sense. You have a single chemical, in varying doses. Impurities from synthesis can't have any effect in the doses that would fit on a blotter square.

(sometimes this is due to the fact that its actually DOC which is a lesser form of acid[not actually acid tho] in the sense that it does not provide as strong of a trip, but can last a lot longer.)

If you don't know what your talking about.... Dont answer...

LSD is LSD... there are no strains of LSD, the only difference between real acid is the amount of actual chemical you consume per dose... There are chemical analougs that have come around, ALD-52 being one of the more notable ones, but there are several others, most are inactive. ALD is active but your not going to find it, and even if you did it would have to be pretty fresh before it breaks down into LSD over time. There were court cases involving the analoug act where some people were producing it, still got charged...

DOC is not LSD. DOC is not even a tryptamine. DOC is a phenethylamine. Different structure to them. Chemically DOx is closer to the 2c-x compounds. In fact they are the amphetamine cousins of them.

DOC is just a drug that is sold as acid, they are far from the same drug.

LSD for all intensive purposes is going to be tastless (few exceptions to blotters like the hoffmans, which have people wondering what it is). DOC can generally be identified by a very much chemical taste to it; as well as the longer duration, speediness of the drug, and how it takes around 2 hours to feel it.

Consult Pihkal and Tihkal by Shulgin, erowid, and wikipedia.

Had the most amazing trip on LSD the other day, blew every other experience out of the water. (2cb, 2ct7, mushrooms, ketamine, mdma). I felt like an alien in an extra terrestrial landscape for 12 hours, and then felt the most primal animalistic feelings of being HUMAN.

<3

Does anyone find Marijuana and LSD don't mix so great? I smoke daily (trying to cut down), and I didn't smoke for the first 7-8 hours of the trip and it was great, but as soon as I did it was complete mind-chaos. Seems like an easy way to have a bad trip, auditory hallucinations and extremely confusing mindstate. Wasn't expecting it at all because the trip seemed to be slowly dying down at that point.

I love the clear, lucid, dreamy high LSD gives but smoking marijuana seems to make it cloudy and chaotic. Still interesting to experience though. The television came alive and was over stimulating all of my senses to an extreme point haha 8o

Last edited:
I like smoking a bit of pot post peak but never would I do it before the peak. I'm one of those non-daily smokers that sometimes gets that dreaded cannabis anxiety. I like to experience the peak of the drug on nothing else so it's all clear and powerful. Cannabis has the potential to cloud my peak and/or give me some anxiety which isn't much fun.

I just save it for after the peak has passed, at that time it feels good :)

I like smoking a bit of pot post peak but never would I do it before the peak. I'm one of those non-daily smokers that sometimes gets that dreaded cannabis anxiety. I like to experience the peak of the drug on nothing else so it's all clear and powerful. Cannabis has the potential to cloud my peak and/or give me some anxiety which isn't much fun.

I just save it for after the peak has passed, at that time it feels good :)

I agree with you here for sure. I refrain from smoking until awhile after i have peaked, to kind of chill me out towards the end of the trip. The people i trip with usually smoke a few times during their trip but i find this mellows it out kind of:p and i would rather have something intense. Maybe if it's more intense then i like ill smoke a little bit, but very rarely.

I am soon going to try some DMT while im on LSD, im really excited. I've heard many good things. Is it really intense? Is it a very different from doing DMT by itself? more intense obviously, but do you still come into contact with the elves and creatures and shit? (this hasnt happened to me yet sadly)

I am soon going to try some DMT while im on LSD, im really excited. I've heard many good things. Is it really intense? Is it a very different from doing DMT by itself? more intense obviously, but do you still come into contact with the elves and creatures and shit? (this hasnt happened to me yet sadly)

Love*Lite is a big fan. It makes the DMT come on slower allowing you to take more hits.
As for contact with elves, if you are susceptible to it then it will probably happen. Some people get it all the time, others like myself only get it on the rare occasion.

I have only tried smoking DMT on the weening hours of an LSD w/ mescaline trip and once the DMT hit it was pretty much like my other DMT trips. I couldnt really feel the effects of the acid and mesc.

Enjoy the trip bro.:)

Smoking DMT on LSD is a pretty good combo, if you're experienced with both compounds, otherwise i could see how it could be quite frightening. The last time I smoked DMT on LSD i took a few good rips about 20 or 30 mins after dosing and it was almost like i didn't quite come down from the DMT for like 9hrs. Definitely put an interesting spin on the LSD trip. One of the best ways i've figured out to bide your time during an LSD comeup. N2O probably a close 2nd.

Smoking weed on acid I find during the trip, the acid overpowers the weed and I don't really feel it. Other then maybe being more slightly relaxed.

A joint on the comedown though is awesome, for me it kinda brings back the effect of the acid again.

I'm a moderate (would you call ~1 joint a week moderate) smoker.

Here's why LSD and alcohol don't mix, you'll piss yourself =D :
(just kidding)
It's basically good fun but you notice a little too late how muddled the trip becomes. Did it last night and it wrecked me a little.
The alcohol did a number on me physically while the acid sucked the energy out of me, was pretty sick to my lower ab for a day or so...

lsd_alcohol.jpg

Dosing question: LSD and Cubes

Quick question:

I'm going to be tripping this Saturday and would like to know yalls opinion on my dosing ideas. The fry is legit, I've test driven various doses from this particular batch and have decided my 'sweet spot' for a good heady trip is a hit and a half. Some of the most potent and clean LSD I've ever obtained.

The fungus is a fantastic batch of cubensis that myself and a few trusted boomophiles have test driven and is also very potent, quite visual.

This however will be my first time combining these two substances, and I'm a believer of working one's way up from the bottom. That being said I'm thinking of the following doses:

EITHER single hit of fry at +0:00; a gram of boomers, ground and ingested in apple sauce at +1:30 (the usual come up for this cid).

OR a hit of fry AND the above described mush dose at the same time, (I figure come up on the boom quick and dirty and settle into the fry on top of it, as opposed to a by-the-seat-of-my-pants come up in the throughs of an acid peak).

I'm hoping for a trip where the stimulant properties of the fry mellow out with the dreamy/yawny effects of the fungus. My doses obviously dictate that I would like the acid to be slightly more in the forefront than the boom trip, and I'm thinking these doses would be the most synergistic way of integrating the two substances.

Is it advantageous to get the quick come up of the boomers out of the way before the fry comes on hard? Or should I wait to dose the fungus until I am fully at peak with the LSD? Also what are the repercussions of dosing another half hit of LSD sometime in the +0:30-1:00 range (i.e. would I be waiting too long if I did this, and should I take all the fry at once)? I'm going to combine a good deal of cannabis in this equation and am looking for the smoothest possible come up. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

drofjournalism

I'd wait till you peak on the acid before you take the mushroom simply because the LSD lasts a lot longer. In my experience when you come down on one drug it dampens the effects of the others.

Welcome to Bluelight and alll that, but can you please never refer to acid as "fry" ever again?? :D

I'd considered that, but I figure regardless of when I dose the fungus, I'm going to be coming down off the boom while I am still up strong on the fry. So its really just a matter of how much longer I will be tripping the acid after the booms leave me. And an hour isnt much of a difference in an 8 hour fry trip. I'm more concerned with a smooth come up.

I dont know what all this comedown timing fus is all about. I never get a comedown from mushrooms. If anything I smoothly float down. I doubt it would effect the acid trip in any bad way. But I'd personally time it out so my acid peak starts right as the shroom peak is starting to end. IDK it just seems like a better experience. I dont like my brain fighting over two different drugs.

I've heard many people say that combining these is pretty counterproductive, on the other hand it can really make you trip out in an intense way. Still, the intensity can be qualitatively overwhelming which is why a higher dose of either always seems to be preferable.

To answer your question: I would wait for the acid to have come up, not really because of any shroom comedown (there is none IMO only a grand afterglow) but because it's just not a good way going into a trip having to deal with and adjust to two substances coming on at the same time. And the shrooms can still counter the acid stimulation/energy later if that at all happens. I don't think so, I expect them to combine into a freaking weird bodyhigh that is not all that nice.
LSD is not a stimulant and shrooms are not a sedative. They don't add up, they interact.

Welcome to Bluelight and alll that, but can you please never refer to acid as "fry" ever again?? :D

I agree, I've never liked it when people refer to acid as "fry" or tripping as "frying." It makes it sound like its cooking your brain or something; if anything, rolling on MDMA should be called "frying." Acid is good for you, tripping should be called "cleaning" or something. :D

Plus, in the US at least, PCP is already called fry. (ie. "sup homie, wanna smoke some fry?")