View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD myths you just can't shake

Ismene

Bluelighter
Strange how certain LSD myths stick in your mind. I once heard or saw some anti-drug propaganda that showed a woman who thought she was cutting some food with a knife and it turned out she had cut her fingers off.

Almost every time I'm tripping and start cutting myself some fruit or bread I always double check just to make sure I'm not cutting my fingers off :)

Orange juice guy. I was reminded recently when reading Be Not Content: A Subterranean Journal by William Craddock published in 1967. I wonder if that's the earliest documentation of Orange Juice Guy in print. It predates the sources on snopes.com. Was orange juice guy originally a real guy?? I will always wonder.

I cant think of any tbh.
Which is a shame, in a sense, because it taught a whole generation - or more - that drug scares are all false Reaganite propaganda or "reefer madness" style bullshit. Or, y'know - both?

Which in (whatever year we're in now) - in the current rc/online market/obscene aount of new nsp's emerging constantly is scary.
Ive had people try and lecture and patronise me re: my suggesting they test/weigh/crudely varify how geuine or pure their drugs are.
Idiots.
The products of propaganda, shitty drug eucation and general apathy, i suppose.

Having said that LSD being apparently safe (and divine) is cool with me.

Last edited:
Strange how certain LSD myths stick in your mind. I once heard or saw some anti-drug propaganda that showed a woman who thought she was cutting some food with a knife and it turned out she had cut her fingers off.

Almost every time I'm tripping and start cutting myself some fruit or bread I always double check just to make sure I'm not cutting my fingers off :)

Is, I hate to break it to you, but that is no myth...that woman was my mother and she had a dinner party that evening and was fixing "finger" sandwiches.
Oh, BTW, they were very tasty...shame there were only eight.

My first acid trip toward the end I smoked some weed which wasn't a great idea, made me freak out a little and get paranoid and I noticed that the acid was coming in ever decreasing waves, I started to think 'shit, it does stay in your body forever, the waves get smaller and smaller but just never go!' I realised it was BS again after an hour or two though. Then later that night I took some MDMA, and as I was coming down somehow the LSD feeling started to come back and I was like shit it is here forever. I started thinking when people say LSD changes you forever this is what they mean. Nothing some sleep couldn't fix though