• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD - Ismenes wormhole ™ - furthur research

Sorry, I didn't mean to go against what you (pl) have determined.
I was agreeing with you that 400mcg is not something to be taken casually...

You mentioned that you can't verify your doses, though. Why throw out numbers in that case? I prefer to just mention so many hits, and if they were strong or weak. I think without quantitative analysis that's all we can say.

However...

Still, I genuinely respect SKL's post and agree in principle.

The person I am referring to was my best friend and the lead guitar for my band.

The time period was summer 1969. There was some very decent yellow barrels going around, allegedly 350 mics. Most people I knew would cut these in two for a "dose" and be more than happy.
I watched as my friend ate 10 of them in one night staggering them by about 20 min or so. That's a heroic does even if the dose per barrel varied.

I will also state clearly that I never did this [personally, but the OP's post made me remember that summer night in 1969, LOL ...

That's all :cool:
Didn't know you were that old school a cat! That makes things a little different. I am much too young to have direct personal knowledge but my understanding was that 250ish mics was standard ("Orange Sunshine," I think, was supposed to be) and that one hit was typically sufficient for quite a strong trip. Not always like that today! I think part of the difference was hits were actually meant to be doses back then. Now they're called "doses," but many people will have to take several in order to trip as hard as they want to.

250mcg and 1mg were also the standard dose plateaus for the early psychedelic therapy people, too, called "psycholytic" and "psychedelic," respectively. Yes, the pioneers reserved the term "psychedelic" for what now is a ten-strip of good commercial acid. Brass balls the old school dudes had. It's difficult to overemphasize how strong a dose 1mg is, it's an entirely different level of experience, and 250mcg is way stronger than people's concept of a "hit."

No disrespect to my elders was intended. 😀

orange sunshine was 300 ug. Everybody who lived in that era and tried it pretty much said it was the strongest single dose hit of LSD and also purest. owesly stuff was 270 ug. Though i don't think the dosing was common knowledge among the public. Alot of people thought it was 250 ug in orange sunshine but nick sands went on interview and it was 300 ug.

orange sunshine was 300 ug. Everybody who lived in that era and tried it pretty much said it was the strongest single dose hit of LSD and also purest. owesly stuff was 270 ug.
Imagine putting that out today. People would be losing their shit. Not only would people be overdosing, but even in terms of single hits, we a bunch of pussies compared to that generation, "STP" and "brown acid" notwithstanding.

Imagine putting that out today. People would be losing their shit. Not only would people be overdosing, but even in terms of single hits, we a bunch of pussies compared to that generation, "STP" and "brown acid" notwithstanding.
Yeah i also understand how powerful there first trips would of been cause i was a fucking idiot and took 3 white on white hits when my plug told me to take half for my first time since it was strong. This modern generation will never understand taking 250 ug + hits for a first time trip.

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/lsd-first-time-my-first-acid-trip-3-wow-hits.879579/

Yeah i also understand how powerful there first trips would of been cause i was a fucking idiot and took 3 white on white hits when my plug told me to take half for my first time since it was strong. This modern generation will never understand taking 250 ug + hits for a first time trip.

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/lsd-first-time-my-first-acid-trip-3-wow-hits.879579/
My first trip was three gel tabs which I thought, with little frame of reference, to be pretty good, but I'll go by my own rule and not speculate. I probably broke the 250 mic barrier though, but not by all that much. I went really hard, though, adding in some MDMA and eventually eating some mushrooms on top of it towards the end, so I wouldn't experience LSD, by itself and on its own merits, for a while afterwards, because I just liked eating a lot of drugs at a time.

This sort of circles back to Izzy's original point (sorry folks for the derail) ... in that case and others, I was, in fact staggering doses of psychedelics albeit by more than 20 minutes. Tolerance issues notwithstanding, it's an interesting idea and one that I now realize once I think about it that I put into practice a few times without even really thinking about it ... generally on lot or at a festival, just stuffing my face with drugs as I came across them because I had no impulse control and got super excited because it was early in my drug career.

In terms of staggered doses I guess you would get a prolonged, multi-pronged peak. Acid peaks have a sort of fractal nature to begin with so thet might be even more pronounced? I can't imagine however I'd like to feel some of the come-up jitters while I was already tripping pretty hard. 20 minutes might be a good interval to prevent this scenario though.

in the 1950s if somebody was having a bad trip they would then double the initial dose and give them as a booster to make them let go into bliss. Redosing is legit and works wonders

It doesnt have to be a big dose - just your normal dose split in two. The wormhole only applies to the first 20-30 minutes. Taking more acid after an hour two doesnt have any effect but keep you from sleeping for longer.

you can redose an entire trip and it still works. I once redosed 3 times in one trip with the last redose at 4 hours and it all kicked in hard as fuck

you can redose an entire trip and it still works. I once redosed 3 times in one trip with the last redose at 4 hours and it all kicked in hard as fuck
Youre the only person ive ever heard claim this. Are you just making it up to "get your own back"? How quaint.

Last edited:
@Ismene2
I agree with @TripSitterNZ.
These days I almost always stagger my doses. I’ll eat a couple hits over the span of 3-4, slowly nibbling on little pieces until I reach a full peak. It’s not the same as eating an entire dose at once, or spread 30 minutes apart. One dose will hit you harder because it all hits you at once, you achieve peak plasma levels faster. But I still get a peak with visuals and psychedelic thoughts when I spread my doses out.
Acute tolerance is not as strong as we were once led to believe, or it just affects us all differently. But redosing does work and you don’t need twice as much if you’re tripping two days in a row.
YMMV

Last edited:
My first trip was three gel tabs which I thought, with little frame of reference, to be pretty good, but I'll go by my own rule and not speculate. I probably broke the 250 mic barrier though, but not by all that much. I went really hard, though, adding in some MDMA and eventually eating some mushrooms on top of it towards the end, so I wouldn't experience LSD, by itself and on its own merits, for a while afterwards, because I just liked eating a lot of drugs at a time.
My first trip was also gel tabs. I was 15, bought 2 from a friend before school started and ate them in home room. The plan was to cut class for the rest of the day with 2 of my friends who also took some. We ended up getting caught by the school officer hanging out at this park by the beach. I had to spend a lot of the trip sitting in the Deans office waiting to be kicked out of school because this was my 3rd strike.

The trip report for this trip still lives here on bluelight under my first BL name (I’m on #3). It’s the only trip report I’ve ever written but am embarrassed to share it because it was written by young and naive 16 year old me. The posts I made here at that age are not ones I’m proud of.

I agree that the ":twice as much the next day" rule is a bit overblown. Certainly you won't trip as hard without increasing the dosage, but I usually trip 2 days in a row at music festivals, sometimes even 3, and I trip fine all 3 days, but the key is to mix psychedelic families, ie, tryptamine, then phenethylamine, then lysergamide (or something like that). The same drug multiple days in a row produces more tolerance than mixing them up.

I agree that the ":twice as much the next day" rule is a bit overblown. Certainly you won't trip as hard without increasing the dosage, but I usually trip 2 days in a row at music festivals, sometimes even 3, and I trip fine all 3 days, but the key is to mix psychedelic families, ie, tryptamine, then phenethylamine, then lysergamide (or something like that). The same drug multiple days in a row produces more tolerance than mixing them up.

Exactly, when you Switch between the familles it works wonders for tripping multiple times in a week and certain drugs like the DOx are fantastic at plowing thru tolerance. I can take 4-AcO-DMT on a friday, LSD on Saturday and the drop 3mgs of DOC on a Sunday and still have a full on experience. But that being said tolerance in general Deff catcher you eventually and I notice it in the visuals starting to lessen. I will still get the body high and psychedelic insight but the stronger visuals will fade unless I take huge amounts. But you can solve this sometimes by alternative à ROA and like railing à big line of Psilacetin for instance, I dont care who you are if you sniff 50-70mgs of that stuff its gonna do something even if you dosed the past week daily, been there done that. Most LSD I ever ate was 36 blotters of White on White when the police raided this houseparty id brought à sheet to, I chose to eat what was left instead of getting caught with all that acid. I tripped for about 2 days and for the peak I was not even here anymore I was dancing around out in the astral plane somewhere, my friend Kat held me thru à portion of the trip and I had my head buried in her big titties, it was lovely.

~Shadow Cat

Last edited:
Grab onto your socks and pantyhose and pull! Hit the motherlode today dosed on the edge - just on the fun of being slightly too much. Timed to perfection brought me out in an lsd world with a golden soft malleable glow ecstasy rushing rivers.. I give it eight out of ten! 😁

Still, I genuinely respect SKL's post and agree in principle.

The person I am referring to was my best friend and the lead guitar for my band.

The time period was summer 1969. There was some very decent yellow barrels going around, allegedly 350 mics. Most people I knew would cut these in two for a "dose" and be more than happy.
I watched as my friend ate 10 of them in one night staggering them by about 20 min or so. That's a heroic does even if the dose per barrel varied.

I will also state clearly that I never did this personally, but the OP's post made me remember that summer night in 1969, LOL ...

That's all :cool:
So what was his or her experience like on that much LSD?

What was your own experience like on 300-350ug of LSD?

Hey Priest, I have absolutely no idea what his experience was like, except to say that it didn't seem to hurt him in the least. I can't even imagine how high he got, if you get my meaning. It's far and above anything I've ever tried, but he seemed to have a natural tolerance. We were tripping partners for decades and shared many experiences together and he always required more than most of us in our circle.

As to my experiences at ~350 ug, that's my "goto" dose so I'll speak in generalizations here. More of an generalized explanation than any single time.

Setting is usually alone or with people I trust just before dusk. I find that darkness is good for where my mind goes.
I usually come up fast and hard and at peak my OEV's are as clear and bright as my CEV's. Unless I engross myself in a particular task I will most likely spend long periods of "real time" without any action or distinct thought, just floating with colors and geometric visions. Any attempt at doing complicated tasks is usually a lost cause. I often forget or remember who I am, or even what I am and exist in a dark void. Time distortion is very powerful and often seems to stop existing at all. I'm usually laying down at this point, music in the background. Often the first thing that I hear that is recognizable to me as from "the real world" seems to be birds singing their morning song outside my window. Mornings are bright and still glowing with figures and geometric shapes still shifting over everything like a fractal playground.

Last edited:
Hey Priest, I have absolutely no idea what his experience was like, except to say that it didn't seem to hurt him in the least. I can't even imagine how high he got, if you get my meaning. It's far and above anything I've ever tried, but he seemed to have a natural tolerance. We were tripping partners for decades and shared many experiences together and he always required more than most of us in our circle.

As to my experiences at ~350 ug, that's my "goto" dose so I'll speak in generalizations here. More of an generalized explanation than any single time.

Setting is usually alone or with people I trust just before dusk. I find that darkness is good for where my mind goes.
I usually come up fast and hard and at peak my OEV's are as clear and bright as my CEV's. Unless I engross myself in a particular task I will most likely spend long periods of "real time" without any action or distinct thought, just floating with colors and geometric visions. Any attempt at doing complicated tasks is usually a lost cause. I often forget or remember who I am, or even what I am and exist in a dark void. Time distortion is very powerful and often seems to stop existing at all. I'm usually laying down at this point, music in the background. Often the first thing that I hear that is recognizable to me as from "the real world" seems to be birds singing their morning song outside my window. Mornings are bright and still glowing with figures and geometric shapes still shifting over everything like a fractal playground.
Very beautiful writing, what is 250ug of LSD like for you?

This thread shouldn't be about me, let's return to the O P's topic. ;)

Last edited: