Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD hangovers

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Hello BL,

I find it a bit strange that I feel hungover 2 days after taking about 40 ug LSD. So yesterday I sensed I was feeling well along with the slight consistent and positive mood known as “afterglow” perhaps. While today I feel nauseous, bad headache. I took Gravol and Aspirin, and Codeine with caffeine.
Is this LSD two days later hangover common? What are your experiences?

I doubt it was from the acid if it was real LSD. I have never heard of a hangover from a psychedelic, and the only time I don't feel good after tripping is if I stayed up real late and sometimes my eyes hurt from looking at lights or something. 40 ug isn't really enough to even get the full effect, much less effect you later. See how you feel tomorrow and just try to get good sleep.

When I was researching psychedelics academically (as well as other-wise ;-) I came across a lovely comment in a book that read something like "LSD is the only drug where you can truly say that the hangover comes first". He was referring to the 15-20 mins anxiety that can sometimes accompany the onset of the experience.

Humour aside, I have personally never felt anything but a strong sense of health and well-being after a trip. I'd like to imagine something else (a bug perhaps) has coincidentally invaded you, and will be fought off by your immune system.

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

I've never experienced a "hangover", other than a physical and emotional tiredness after taking large doses. I blame this on lack of sleep, though, as I generally stay up all night.

In fact LSD seemingly has a magical ability to prevent and cure hangovers in a literal sense. I can drink absurd amounts of alcohol which normally would produce severe hangover and feel absolutely fine the next day.

But yeah I don't think its the acid here especially with such a small dose.

Whenever I got a next day hangover from LSD, it was from staying up late or all night. Then I might feel definitely "burnt out".

That was always a problem with acid for me. The wakefullness lasts uber long for me, way beyond the trip. To not get a hangover, I had to take it early in the day.
I'm never as happy to be peaking on 'cid early. Still, ya play ya pay.
I'd usually suck it up and drop early. Once on the journey, it's OK. Then, a happy, alert, evening and an afterglow the next day would happen.

If anything it improves my well-being and even protects against the detrimental effects of sleep deprivation, alcohol and other typical stressors.

My guess in this scenario is that LSD has heightened your sensitivity to normal anxiety rather than caused it.

Last edited:
Would agree that IME LSD hangover is usually more associated with exhaustion, being emotionally drained, or dehydrated than the LSD causing direct action. Also could be dirty LSD or not LSD.

But hey, everyone is different, I won't put it outside the realm of possibility.

This is extremely uncommon. First thing that comes to mind is, it’s not LSD.

As said, exhaustion is the number 1 way LSD gives any hangover. It’s usually felt the day after. In fact I used to push to clean up and get home after a festival before the LSD completely wore off cuz once it does I crash and sleep awhile.

Now that I’m older I’m falling asleep no matter what.. LSD doesn’t keep me up for 18hrs like when I was younger. I miss that honestly. Now I only get 12-14hrs. Maybe I need to just take more lol.

-GC

This is extremely uncommon. First thing that comes to mind is, it’s not LSD.

As said, exhaustion is the number 1 way LSD gives any hangover. It’s usually felt the day after. In fact I used to push to clean up and get home after a festival before the LSD completely wore off cuz once it does I crash and sleep awhile.

Now that I’m older I’m falling asleep no matter what.. LSD doesn’t keep me up for 18hrs like when I was younger. I miss that honestly. Now I only get 12-14hrs. Maybe I need to just take more lol.

-GC
if i take 50 ug i can sleep in 8 hours. If i do too much edibles on LSD i can literally pass out during the peak and wake up 14 hours totally sober.

I get drained after LSD for a few days if i took it at night but not a hang over. Usually get a massive afterglow aswell.

The day after LSD i love just been lazy eating snacks and listening to music as i drift off to nap go for a long walk in nature if i have enough energy still.

I don't do LSD like i use to anymore now as i ran out of time due to work life.

After say taking 5 tabs ill feel pretty cooked for a week but not hung over like alcohol. Just very spaced out

The headache after the consumption of psychs is not really a hangover like with alcohol, but it is as I said not uncommon with several psychs. I experienced it myself.

I back this up with this abstract here, where they showed that psilocin can cause transient headache the next day of consumption.

When I was researching psychedelics academically (as well as other-wise ;-) I came across a lovely comment in a book that read something like "LSD is the only drug where you can truly say that the hangover comes first". He was referring to the 15-20 mins anxiety that can sometimes accompany the onset of the experience.

Bless you for researching one of the most interesting things here on Earth. :)

But it's hardly an LSD exclusive. It's not even a psychedelics exclusive. DXM is perhaps the most obvious case in which utter body-wreckage precedes euphoria.

That's true, but the thread is called LSD hangovers. You have of course just shown up my lack of experience, as classic psyches are my main thing. Never managed to get around to Dissos. Salvia is the closest I got. Not sure if it counts but it certainly takes one quite far away from the here and now :eek: