View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD effect won't go away need help

Johnyb

Greenlighter
I have tripped on LSD or mushrooms about 15 times within 2 years. I conifer myself a much deeper tripper than any of my friends, I am able to go into the other world and trip so hard, compared to other people who iv seen just giggle and make jokes... Unable to go deep into the trip like me. I am also a daily smoker of marijuana and I have been smoking heavy for the past 5 years. I am able to smoke a large amount of pot/oil at one time. About a week ago I took a pill with a very high dose of moly and acid. It was swollowed so I couldn't tell if it was real acid or some research chemical. The trip was decent I was definitely wired and was having some open eye visuals, had a very good time. Every day since that night I have not felt the same. When I'm sober I'm okay but every time I smoke I start tripping balls. This seemed cool at first because I felt like I was getting a free mini trip. But after a week of this I can't take it anymore. I'm about to quit smoking because I can't deal with these crazy visuals every time I smoke anymore. It's not slight visuals of bending or shadows, If I look at something wile I'm high I will start tripping. Weed has never done this to me before and only started after that last high dose pill I took. I don't know what to do and I need help, I'm very close to getting medical help ): it's been 8 days and has not gone away... I need help please. Thanks for reading

Hi welcome..

Yes that does sound like it is important that you do something about it and stop smoking weed, go to rehab etc if you must.. yes might get insomnia and irritability, but cannabis is often a big factor in surfacing mental problems like the one you are describing. Stopping use of cannabis will likely make issues like derealization less serious.

I've had problems, although with different drugs and different mental issues and as long as you live in a place where you can keep control of the professional help you seek without getting patronized or forced into things, I believe in seeking help in time and not waiting until it's a real crisis. There is nothing wrong about getting the help you need. I am positive I couldn't have gotten of benzos like I did without rehab.

Taper, avoid all other drugs as much as possible too, and get started with a professional if you find that quitting cannabis is too difficult on your own. Which you will find out soon enough if you quickly taper (not physically dangerous with that drug but just smoother) and quit.. if you struggle too much don't take too long admitting that you are better off not doing it on your own. No shame in that, symptoms and challenges of addiction are illness-like. And it can be healed.

[This isn't really about psychedelic drugs in-depth, so probably more of a MH or TDS thread?]

If you are OK sober try to quit smoking for a few months and see what happens. After 5 years of heavy cannabis use it might be a good thing to have a break.
I personnaly don't think you need medical help, they will give you a prescription for antipsychotic drugs and tell you to stop using cannabis and psychedelics.

If you are OK sober try to quit smoking for a few months and see what happens. After 5 years of heavy cannabis use it might be a good thing to have a break.
I personnaly don't think you need medical help, they will give you a prescription for antipsychotic drugs and tell you to stop using cannabis and psychedelics.

I agree. Trying professional help will just get on drug drops. Just try quitting the weed for a while.

Agreed @ medical help, but mostly if you get the inappropriate type... addiction care in my country happens to be very good. A shrink who will just 'shrug you off' with neuroleptics is what I meant with not being in control of the type of help you want. If you can choose to get guidance with quitting a drug, that's a pretty different story.

Thanks for helping me out guys, quitting weed for a wile is definitely in my near future. The only thing is why is this happening? This shouldn't be happening right? It's making me think that I'm starting to lose it or my brain is actually fucked up. Maybe someone can shed some light on the scientific part of it. Keep replying please and thank you. Appreciate all the help

It's absolutely normal to get visuals and increased psychedelia from Cannabis use for a week or so after using LSD (especially after high doses, and especially after candy flipping, in my experience).

Cool it with the Cannabis use for a little bit if it's too much, and you'll be back to normal after a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I found after a couple of heavier than usual trios that when I smoked cannabis it brought me to the same head-space - I wasn't seeing things but it felt like I was tripping. This happened every time I smoked for about 10/14 days then things eased.

I'd lay off the cannabis for a bit give your mind time to heal.

OP,

All trips are permanent. Everyone experiences it. Some people pretend they aren't. Some talk about it. No one can really give you a good answer untill 2021 i think it is? There is nothing that cannot eventually be explained that can be experienced. For example, time travel or quantum physics can't be experienced so they can't be explained. Enough research hasn't been done on psychs to give you an answer.

Have you ever heard that joke, " 'doctor everytime I do this it hurts' 'then don't do that'"..? :)

OP,

All trips are permanent. Everyone experiences it. Some people pretend they aren't. Some talk about it. No one can really give you a good answer untill 2021 i think it is?

Yeah, and be careful because LSD stays in your spinal cord forever and taking LSD 7 times makes people clinically insane. I'm just joking. The effects of LSD are temporary. The same as with any non-drug psychologically stressful experience, with effort, in time you'll be fine.

Yeah, and be careful because LSD stays in your spinal cord forever and taking LSD 7 times makes people clinically insane. I'm just joking. The effects of LSD are temporary. The same as with any non-drug psychologically stressful experience, with effort, in time you'll be fine.

You ever heard of someone becoming a glass of orange juice? Now what I heard is the guy thought he was a glass of orange juice for the rest of his life ater trying LSD. I mean come on LSD is no worse for you then weed is.

I'm very close to getting medical help

I am no expert, I have tripped on 1P-LSD 12 times, I once had an axiety attack after smoking a volcano during the peak, I have been a stoner for almost 20 years now and thats the only time that I can remember being scared to smoke any more!

I am a strong headed person and I don't get anxiety attacks or stuff like that, I can deal with stressful situations but it was so intense I honestly thought I had broken something

The following weeks were very interesting if I had a volcano it made me anxious again like fast heart beat and that head sweat stuff I was also really tripping hard, at first it was a little worrying this was about 7 or 8 months ago and I havent tripped since and it slowly fades but I find I still get the psychedelic headspace after a volcano, its difficult to explain but since I tripped I have had many moments of clarity after a volcano where my mind can race at 100 miles an hour and its just a headspace that is closer to tripping than stoned

Its as if the LSD made connections in my brain and the weed can access them

If you go to the doctors they will prescribe you something far more damaging than Cannabis or LSD, just stop smoking weed if it really bothers you and take it from there

If it is almost exclusively sensory then yes, I guess that is what the OP sounds like (but not the post 2 above mine which sounds more psychological).. for HPPD it is imperative to stop cannabis as well.

naw. Neurochemistry my nigga.

and as far as a derp response. PCP does stay in your spine and is released randomly throughout life. Go outside.

You ever heard of someone becoming a glass of orange juice? Now what I heard is the guy thought he was a glass of orange juice for the rest of his life ater trying LSD. I mean come on LSD is no worse for you then weed is.

man that dick looks good for a ride

Lexx, I think everyone else in this thread would appreciate it if you went somewhere else with that bullshit. Do you have references for those claims(this is a rhetorical question - I know for a fact you don't).

As for OP, yes, as everyone else in the thread said, quit using cannabis for a while. It seems like, at least in my experience, when stuff like that happens, the more you 'encourage' it (by repeating the intake of marijuana, despite the persisting hallucinogenic effects you are experiencing from it) the longer it takes to go away.

Also, I have really never seen true LSD and MDMA combined in a pill before. I have heard people say it to me many times, but it always tests positive for RCs.

I mention this because I actually experienced a similar effect after a recent 25I-NBOH trip, 2mg. Hash and synthetic cannabinoids produced MARKED visuals for the next few days.

I have taken LSD many times, and the after effects were never as apparent as after the most recent 25I-NBOH trip.

I stopped smoking for a few days, and now I can smoke again without any of those effects resurfacing.

As a disclaimer, I have had pretty bad HPPD since my early teens, so I might be more susceptible to those effects than most. Also 2mg is a pretty high dose of an NBOx. Be well.