• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - does anyone agree? (argument about LSD being unhealthy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate's a strong word, certainly not one I would use on anyone unless I've met the person irl and said person truely pushed my buttons, even then it would take quite a bit for me to truely hate someone. I have no hate for you pmoseman but your very hard to hold a conversation with IMO.

These days a civil debate is unheard of
Yeah but it's hard to have a debate altogether with someone who dodges questions like stray bullets, at least when I was trying to have a "debate" with pmose... haven't bothered reading on. Anyways now I'll leave this post be, I'm adding nothing usefull to this discussion.

Well, having read several of pman's posts on several different threads, I can't say that it doesn't seem like he doesn't purposefully try to argue to the point of being slightly excessive, pushing buttons intentionally and whatnot... he reminds me of my coworker who argues with everything. If the shirt is blue - no, it's turquoise. But whatever, not that it matters. He must be an INTJ ;)

Last edited:
By reading the post from Whiteroom67 I came to realize that I was totally in a different ambient. Very crowded, no one really reliable and everyone getting worried about getting caught. Not at all too much room for a nice trip.
I believe I feel completely normal and well when I´m safe on opiates. This situation you´ve mentioned was rather difficult to achieve when I did it.

Exactly Erikmen! Set and setting are literally 90% of what decides how your Tripp goes. Your brain will work with what its given as far as surroundings go, you want to give yourself the best chance at a good experience by carefully choosing the right time and place. Also don't forget how much your mental/social life play into that setting as well.

You don't toss a bunch of random items in a blender for a good smoothie, you carefully choose things you like and are complimentary to each other. A tripp is unpredictable for sure but you can set yourself up to minimize certain possible negative circumstances.

Again, an experienced person would have made sure this was all done. I've guided several people during their first ever psychedelic experiences and have never had one have a bad time.

Well, having read several of pman's posts on several different threads, I can't say that it doesn't seem like he doesn't purposefully try to argue to the point of being slightly excessive, pushing buttons intentionally and whatnot... he reminds me of my coworker who argues with everything. But whatever, not that it matters. He must be an INTJ ;)
ENFP although INTJ seems to fit as well.

Dunno man... For me, the description is pretty much dead on accurate, eapecially compared to the other types. I do share a couple of traits from a couple other types... But seriously... Its just about dead on for me compared tonother types. It def seems to have more merit than that astrology garbage.

Horoscopes (astrology) claim to foretell your personality based on stars and planets. The main difference is that MBTI asks you questions and bases your personality on that instead.

The problem with horoscopes is they don't even get the personality right. You might be a Gemini but find Aeries to fit best with your life. With the questionnaire they are able to give you back things you already know about yourself, along with a few generalities everyone has in common and just a few guesses that are wrong and a smattering of feel-good junk.

I was once interested in mbti as well. I couldn't see past it just like you two don't.

I agree that it is much more sophisticated, it does ask you good questions and all that. But the point is you answer them themselves and you can never be entirely honest even when trying your hardest. And at end of the day its just making broad predictions that aren't all that hard to make once you have a set of answers.

It's just a set of observed behaviors, preferences and acts. But to go as far as believing you are a type and that's what you are is just silly. There is much more to any of us than something like mbti can even begin to grasp at. It's interesting in the surface, but I think it tells you a lot more about who you wish you were than about who you are. And of course when it tries to go as far as projecting your ideal love life, partners or jobs its just making educated guesses based on the answers given in the test.

After studying it for quite some time I was able to see how shallow it can be, even if its dressed so well and tries to seem sophisticated. That's why I compare it to astrology, although it is much smarter and useful than astrology. It tries to come off as much deeper than it can be. People will never really fit into mbti categories.

Or I could be wrong, but thats my opinion of it right now.

I was once interested in mbti as well. I couldn't see past it just like you two don't.

I can certainly see past it, I don't see it as being something like holy scripture. There are plenty of exceptions, and everyone as an individual is different, but based on broad generalizations, I believe it is good at determining in general what kind of a person you are. It's nothing set in stone. I know people who got one result and I completely disagreed with it. But you are right, you need to be honest with the answers. A lot of times with that test and others as well, people will tend to answer the way that they wish to be, or want to be, rather than what they really are. I have accepted who I am, and was able to answer the questions honestly. I have read through almost 1ll 16 personality types from a few different sources, and like I said, for me at least, my description as me being an INFP is I would say 80-90% accurate. I do share some characterstics of some other types. But I can admit without a doubt that for one, I am much more introverted than extroverted - by far. I like my alone time. I like going out at times, it makes me feel refreshed, but I gain energy by being alone. When I trip, I like to be alone, or with one close friend. I prefer small close groups of friends rather than many acquaintences. I don't like being in the middle of large groups of people. I am shy around meeting new people usually, except in certain situations. I am an introvert.

I do tend to overthink and overanalyze things and worry about future possibilities, and I enjoy theorizing about things and fantasizing about alternate realities, living in my imagination rather than being practical, down-to-earth, straight to the point, and typically tend to overlook common sense more than I can say I'd like to. Though lately, I have been practicing keeping myself in the present, rather than overthinking, since I found I am more at peace that way when I am in control of my thoughts. Meditation and heavy weight-lifting, believe it or not (because of the intense focus and concentration used), have helped.

I am sensitive. I am emotional. I tend to do things and make decisions that make people feel better rather than always making the logical choice. Though as I've gotten older I have tried to create more of a balance, and not let my emotions get the best of me. I try to see things more objectively, though naturally I have always been more subjective and focused on my deep inner world of emotion, which now I see as letting my ego get the best of me - unintentional selfishness in a sense. Though I''m trying, I am a natural feeler and tend to do what "feels" right for me, rather than always making logical decisions - for example, leaving a secure job with a good salary to work my way around the world because it just feels right to me, though logically, it may not be the greatest decision in many people's eyes.

I am a type B personality. I am very laid-back. I am indecisive. I am open-minded and hate coming to definite conclusions about things. I try to perceive things openly and look at things from all points of view, without allowing myself to come to any definite conclusions. I am a perceiver, and do not judge without undue cause. Politically I'm libertarian, but always can see any issue from both sides of the same fence.

I do like travel, spontaneity, and new experiences. I don't like routine, I go against the norm, I have ideals that I will usually stick to, values I live my life by, and don't give in easily to others wants of me if it doesn't feel right. I am a thinker, an artist, a traveler, an idealist, and a people-person that enjoys helping others, especially on a one-by-one basis. Sometimes, actually often, my thoughts and feelings get the better of me, and I find myself looking to take a break from it all with some sort of escape drug. Other times, I choose to try and face them head-on with a mind-expanding drug - like LSD, which I think is only dangerous if one allows it and gives it the room to be dangerous. So while mbti may not be perfect, for me, it was accurate and has in my opinion at least a little more merit than you seem to be willing to give it.

But hey, were all different, and that's all there really is to it. Therefore, LSD would effect me completely different than someone else, but saying it is dangerous for all - period, seems inaccurate, given how my individual personality which I just described would be uniquely affected by it.

Last edited:
This thread seems to be unfolding almost at random now regarding topics of discussion.

Please if someone would restate its purpose and why it doesn't deserve to be closed, speak now or forever hold your peace (okay I kinda stole that phrase).

The fact that some statements rustle feathers does not really seem good enough anymore.

"LSD is not healthy and frankly, when you begin to really understand it, then you learn that it is a less interesting way to experience life, it deprives the mind, and in the long term has negative effects, like confusion and depression, that need to be disclosed at all times."

Does anyone agree?

The purpose is to receive the mind of fellow Bluelighters and deserves to remain open on the same basis that any question would remain open that may still be answered.

I think it should be closed. It's a ridiculous argument. Basically the OP is saying " I've had bad experiences on acid so no one else should take it based on my personal experience".
I have eaten a LOT of acid over the last 2 decades and have never experienced any sort of negative effect from LSD at all. Never has it triggered depression or confusion.
It's like how some people just can't handle alcohol. Some people drink 4 beers and start punching holes in walls for no reason. Just because you can't handle acid dosent mean that anyone else can't.
I also have yet to see the OP post any actual reasons for LSD being dangerous. Triggering depression and confusion probably says a lot more about you than the acid.

I agree it's a valid thread, which may or may not have run its course. However, I disagree with such a blanket statement. I do not agree that LSD (and psychedelics) WILL cause this, I do think they do in some people though. For me, I can say with 100% certainty that psychedelics directly led to a spiritual awakening that led to a (so far after 13 years) lifelong shift to a more positive, hopeful, and joyful way of living. My depression was cured, not created. That is my honest experience, but it's not everyone's.

Question for you pmoseman: do you believe this to be true of all psychedelics or is LSD special in this regard? Also is this what you feel has happened to you from LSD?

For what it's worth, for 2 years I ate psychedelics 2-7 times a week, every week, even taking AMT at 60-90mg every day for 7 days straight, and other than a temporary intense crash from prolonged lack of sleep, I have never experienced any negative aftereffects from it. Of course I would never count on the same being true for you.

I had the feeling like I was missing some functional piece of my mind: forming complex thoughts, dealing with plans. It was a long time ago and persisted a depressing amount if time; benzos helped turn it around.

This state of mind was something I hoped would not be permanent, and it turned out not to be, but it did last for years. It followed a break and a brief period of some delusions and problematic auditory hallucinations.

I think it would be close minded to pass off the problem in my head with my issues with self esteem, friends, parents, grades; it was easy enough to work through those issues and no amount of resolving those demons seemed to solve the problem. It seemed to have no logic.

I experienced some auditory events as a young adult and in my childhood, hearing music possibly and definitely hearing my name being called in the hallway. I had an active mind, full of thoughts. After my awakening/break there was, all at once, only calmness. This is something I had desired.

There was certainly an openness to subconcious thoughts, bordering on clairvoyance (I guess), but all this was paired with a definite repression of my own voluntary thinking. That was a serious issue.

There certainly was stress in my life and that can be a trigger for schizophrenia. The mental depression seemed to persist a requisite amount of time to fit, although I am not overly familiar with the typical characteristics of schizophrenia. Since I had also recently begun heavy use of psychedelics, to say they were not involved seems an obvious error. To conclude that I was only speeding up the process... nah... it is insulting to label myself schizophrenic and say I have beaten schizophrenia.

But the question is related to a general feeling about the changes I believe occur in users of LSD, thinking becomes sloppy.

The point of this thread is confirming that Bluelighters are defensive of LSD.

Last edited:
So it is possible to turn a person away from evil.
Can it turn a person toward evil as well?

Are you feelings just about LSD, or does it include all psychedelics? I'd recommend reading about 'The Good Friday Experiments' which include 30 year follow ups. Pretty convincing study that shows psychedelics can indeed turn people away from 'evil.'

Status
Not open for further replies.