• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD - Difficulty Swallowing

On the come up, I have always had the nasty sensation of over-salivation, having to spit like a mofo, and generally having issues with the foul sensations in your throat and your mouth that ultimately go away. However, if your are inclined to have psychosomatic symptoms related to the increased arousal and/or anxiety on the LSD come up, I can see where some may get hung up on this phase. I consider the difficulty swallowing and over-salivation part of the come up, and again, it too passes...unless we become fixated on it and hyper-aware of it, hence making it difficult to "let go". Just my two penny's worth...

I'm sorry to go a bit off-topic here but I've had (a) similar experience(s) with DMT. Years ago, I smoked DMT between some dunes. There was some wind and sand blowing around. As I started to come up I got a strange sensation in my mouth. It felt exactly like there was some sand in my mouth, though I couldn't grit/grind it between my teeth. So I thought, tripping at the time, I must have dropped the pipe in the sand somehow, or otherwise have gotten sand in/on the pipe and via that route into my mouth. It was a an extremely annoying sensation and I was trying to spit out all the sand.

On a later date, at a friends place where there was no sand to be found, I smoked again. The same sandy sensation became apparent in my mouth during the come up and lingered into the trip. I was surprised but figured it was a psychosomatic response or tiny crystals re condensing maybe? The feeling faded with the drug.

These were different batches of DMT. I've had the sensation a couple of times since then. It can be annoying.

I've had smoked DMT before the experience in the dunes and never gotten that sandy mouth sensation before that point. After that point, it just stuck and I usually get that sensation. I haven't smoked DMT in quite some time. A new batch might be coming round in a while. I'm curious as to how this effect has changed or not.

Last edited: