• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides LSD and strange bladder pain

^^

No its more to the people suggesting they can identify impurities - what are these impurities that can overwhelm lsd with their potency?

So 10 micrograms of iso-lsd can cause bladder pain?
That's what it always comes back to for me, not many things can cause side effects at that level. Therefore it stands to reason the aches and pains are your bodies reaction to the LSD, which has physical side effects sometimes, in some people, unrelated to any alleged quality label attached by an internet vendor.
Anyway its easy to determine if its batch dependent by getting LSD from a different source and blind testing. If its the LSD then only that batch should cause you issues, if its your body chemistry then it should happen with any LSD. You have to blind test though or your expectations will effect the trip, that's why these people think there is needlepoint or fluff or whatever, that's what they were told they bought, that's what they expect. Picking the needlepoint out in a blind taste test is a whole other ballgame though.

There is def different purities of lsd out.

A good friend of mine always sends a few tabs of each bunch for purity test.

Needlepoint is when there is barely any iso-lsd or other crap left after the synth.

I have tried several different needlepoint lsd in the past 5years.
The ones my friend showed verified lab results from were spot on.
He sent 3different very fresh samples which were all supposed to be needlepoint.
2 of them were pure enough but one was slightly less.

Most people who tried them prefered the purest batches.
As far as i know they were all supposed to be grateful dead needlepoint.

So there is alot of fake needlepoint around.
It costs more for a reason.
Which lab does your friend use to to test the purity of LSD. That’s a quantitative test with the % content of each substance on a blotter? As far as I know that’s only possible with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).

In the US it is illegal for labs to provide quantitative test results to the public. The best you’d get is a list ot substances present and that’s only if the lab uses the most up-to-date databases of new substances. Which most don’t.

In the UK Wedinos does not provide quantitative results.

In Europe Energy Control can do it to get percentages of LSD and iso-LSD on blotters. But it is €160 a shot! But they don’t send you results to show people. You can only access them online with a unique identifier.

What is the % purity level to be needlepoint?

But if I'm wrong, I'd loved to be showed why I am, so @TripSitterNZ - I just have never heard of LSD with zero body-high, from people or sources.

So if theres 10mics of iso-lsd and 250mics of lsd you go "Nah mate, thats got iso-lsd in it"? Iso-lsd is an order of magnitude more powerful than lsd?
That’s not what I was getting at.

I was thinking of the analysis reports on drugsdata is it called now? Highly variable margin between different tabs.

Some no ISO or just a tiny amount detected. Others over 100 mics of ISO, equal with non ISO, higher or lower.

I was led to believe ISO LSD inhibits LSD’s psychoactive effects and maybe adds to or causes the bodyload in cases.

ISO LSD does show up in blotters. It is regarded as an impurity. It has been claimed to influence the effects in an undesirable way.

You’ll never know how much is present without a precise lab analysis. ISO being at least partly a degradation product?

But if I'm wrong, I'd loved to be showed why I am, so @TripSitterNZ - I just have never heard of LSD with zero body-high, from people or sources.
I know what you mean. But body buzz, which can be really refreshing, pleasant and exhilarating on LSD, is different to what is meant by body load, which isn’t just bodily sensations, more of an uncomfortable heavy sensation much more present with certain batches and grades of purity than others,

I like the body high, but I’ve had tabs with uncomfortable body load and a more dirty, glitchy, sweaty experience many times.

I know what you mean. But body buzz, which can be really refreshing, pleasant and exhilarating on LSD, is different to what is meant by body load, which isn’t just bodily sensations, more of an uncomfortable heavy sensation much more present with certain batches and grades of purity than others,

I like the body high, but I’ve had tabs with uncomfortable body load and a more dirty, glitchy, sweaty experience many times.
Yeah, I can get on board with that. Fucking semantics! Sorry @TripSitterNZ , I don't master English obviously.

Thanks for clearing it up @AutoTripper :)

Which lab does your friend use to to test the purity of LSD. That’s a quantitative test with the % content of each substance on a blotter? As far as I know that’s only possible with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).

In the US it is illegal for labs to provide quantitative test results to the public. The best you’d get is a list ot substances present and that’s only if the lab uses the most up-to-date databases of new substances. Which most don’t.

In the UK Wedinos does not provide quantitative results.

In Europe Energy Control can do it to get percentages of LSD and iso-LSD on blotters. But it is €160 a shot! But they don’t send you results to show people. You can only access them online with a unique identifier.

What is the % purity level to be needlepoint?
I think its a spanish lab but not sure.
I dont remember exactly but i think needlepoint is supposed to be well over 99% almost like 99,6%.

The more dirty xtals like silver or amber are less then 95% pure.

Im going to see him next week, i can Snap a photo of the lab results.
Ive seen Them before.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :)

Regarding purity - I did test my LSD with both Erlich and Marquis test kits which showed it to be pure, though technically more tests are needed to completely verify this, I suppose. What adulterants are typically added to LSD? And why the fuck do dealers even bother?

Regarding nutrition - I'm very healthy. I eat next to no junk food, lots of vegetables and up until recently exercised all the time. I don't think it's that, either. Thanks for the input, though, healthy eating is definitely an underrated factor.

Regarding my gender - Nope, I'm male.
Reagent tests test for presence, not purity. You can have low purity LSD and the Ehrlich reagent will still turn purple. This is because an indole alkaloid is present regardless of the sample's purity.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :)

Regarding purity - I did test my LSD with both Erlich and Marquis test kits which showed it to be pure,
No, reagent tests cannot tell you anything at all regarding purity. They simply show you if a particular substance is likely to be present in a given sample, but nothing on purity or potency or anything other than whether it's likely present. That's it! Nothing else. The prevailing philosophy here being one of, "well, it's better than nothing [but it still isn't very good]."
though technically more tests are needed to completely verify this, I suppose.
Typically, GC-MS is the standard for chemical analysis. Anything falling short of this would likely not be admissible in court.
What adulterants are typically added to LSD? And why the fuck do dealers even bother?
Well in the case of LSD, it's so crazy potent that to portion out, say for instance,100µg hits consistently, volumetric dosing is necessary in which a known larger weight of pure LSD crystal is dissolved into 80% ethanol before being laid on blotter cross-sectionally with a syringe so as to promote even solution distribution across a sheet of blotter. So I wouldn't think of these things as adulterants. Liquid acid is just acid kept in a solution of ethanol typically.

I think what's more worthy of note is that there are two chiral centers to the LSD molecule making a set of four isomers possible, and of them, only one is the active LSD we have known and loved so well. The other three are inactive on their own, according to Dr. Nichols et. al. in the research carried out at Purdue University in the past several decades. Heat and light can cause LSD to convert into nor-LSD and lumi-LSD, respectively, and during synthesis a portion of the LSD will convert to its inactive isomer, iso-LSD, as well. All of these impurities need to be careful removed via liquid phase chromatography in a column. The fractions that are not LSD can be collected and often times treated so as to recover a portion of it to use in re-converting some of it back to LSD… but once more the chromatography column needs to be used to separate the pure stuff from its isomers, and this process can continue ad infinitum until the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

Not everyone manufacturing LSD adheres to the tedious and stringent methodology needed to attain extremely high quality product. So some iso-LSD, lumi-LSD, nor-LSD, et al. is let through in the process which, I believe, tend to have an entourage effect on the experiential high.
Regarding nutrition - I'm very healthy. I eat next to no junk food, lots of vegetables and up until recently exercised all the time. I don't think it's that, either. Thanks for the input, though, healthy eating is definitely an underrated factor.

Regarding my gender - Nope, I'm male.
Have you had your prostate checked? Benign prostatic hyperplasia is very common, especially as men get older.

Yeah, I can get on board with that. Fucking semantics! Sorry @TripSitterNZ , I don't master English obviously.

Thanks for clearing it up @AutoTripper :)
No, @tubgirl.jpg your initial instincts are, in my opinion, spot on. Trying to draw a distinction between “unpleasant body load” and “nervous excitement” is just a rose by any other name. Virtually every psychedelic is anxiogenic, which is why anxiolytics tend to cancel their effect. I've always considered it to be something of an "entry cost" to the drug and I feel that each drug has one in some form or another.

Really smooth psychedelics like 2C-B, Colour, ETH-LAD tend to cause less hypertension, less muscular unease, and thus are considered to have lower body load. That doesn't mean that 2C-B isn't euphoric though; quite the opposite is true.

I agree with you – acid invariably involves a serious CNS stimulation component. Call it body load, call it body high, call it whatever you like, but that's just a fact. Believing in some mythical super acid that's so pure it isn't stimulating is fucking idiotic, but that's just my proverbial $0.02; don't anybody get their panties in a knot over this…

Finding this thread very interesting to read - but sorry about the bladder pain that sounds awful.

I’ve suspected in the past that lsd has some suppressive effect on my immune system. I seem more prone to catching a cold after tripping - quite anecdotal I know. Just a suspicion I’ve had and never researched much on...

Also the trip I just had on one hit seemed to result in tingly hands and feet on the comedown - vasoconstriction? Also had a cloudy head in the following day or two.

But a single hit from the same tenstrip, taken last year didn’t have the same effects. Same dose, same source...different effects.

I feel like acid feels “clean” when you have a great trip, from a great set/setting.
Getting anxious or in a thought loop could easily make your clean needlepoint manifest some side effects

Not everyone manufacturing LSD adheres to the tedious and stringent methodology needed to attain extremely high quality product. So some iso-LSD, lumi-LSD, nor-LSD, et al. is let through in the process which, I believe, tend to have an entourage effect on the experiential high.
There are numerous studies, particularly in Europe and one notable one in Brazil, where presumed LSD blotters have been collected at festivals or from police seizures and subjected to LC/GC MS. With the exception of Brazil the findings are that the blotter is either impregnated with pure LSD or with some other psychoactive substances such as a DOC or NBOMe. LSD has only extremely rarely found on the same blotter as another psychoactive substance. Meaning your basic Ehrlich indole test followed by Hoffman is pretty reliable (except for ruling out ETH-LAD)

Only one paper on user-level drug testing I have ever read commented on the identification of manufacturing residues from LSD using LC/GC MS. This indicated residues being <1%. There are also several papers that discuss LC/GC MS determination of isometric content of LSD on blotters. It is fairly straightforward in a laboratory context to determine LSD purity.

Energy Control’s testing regime specifically quantifies and differentiates LSD from iso-LSD (using HPLC with a coupled UV detector). But there is little data out there to suggest that it is being found on blotters based on the various public studies they have provided data to.