• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and chronic depression

@usual-suspect, so this means a person on lots of psych meds can trip on a double or triple dose of acid?

Do you think his appreciation of lsd might be worked into motivation to wean from prescrips and start microdosing or weekend lsd therapy???
Do not have him do this. It will just make his depression, other mental illnesses, and suicidal ideation worse. His brain chemistry will be off as he is not on the medications and the acid and other psychedelic drugs are not substitutes for the medications he is on for being mentally ill.

LSD even in large, moderate, low, or micro doses is not a miracle drug or cure for a mental illness, and playing 'therapist' or 'doctor' with psychedelic drugs with his or the Original Poster's mental health is a recipe for disaster.

Yes, I agree with that

Only thing that I think would benefit the guy is very very gradually reducing use of benzos and other stuff, with the excuse of LSD, but never replace them, just try to keep them on a lower dose with less side effects

I'd be wary of taking LSD if living with depression. I live with C-PTSD with anxiety and bouts of dark depression - Some of my LSD experiences haven't been pleasant, I often feel this uncomfortable heavy energy and hear a subtle "mechanical grinding like sound" in my head that can be a bit overwhelming at times. Although this year I tried candyflipping with some K, which really helped and was probably the best experience I had with LSD (intention and music are important too).

a grinding in the head is not that strange.

actually what people think of as strange or not normal, normative etc., is just what has not been fairly discussed at the dinner table, at the class, or other social forming funnels of life (including this forum).

we are a mix of memory fragments and sensations, and this includes an entire universe of stuff that will never have a chance to be discussed at the dinner table or in classes.

how we learn to deal with our infinite selves is what matters. much, like the grinding noise, does not need more attention. if the meaning is not apparent now it may become obvious later or never.

I think that putting responsibility for mental contents and activity onto the medical or legal profession with their numbing drugs is fraught with error. Also demanding to know what is the grinding sound is not fair to the rest of your personality or state of mind. No need to be consumed with the detection of and resolution of anomalies - most of the universe is chockablock of anomalies.

in some cases, people really do need to be contained, strapped in tightly, and drugged down. if not they will damage themselves with their own restraints or damage others and property as they pursue violent emotion or obsessively chase anomalies.

I do not think psychedelics are essential to all life (I would miss them so much) nor are they miracle cures as in medical relief of what is affecting mind and body, but I am pretty sure that ssri's are generally placebo or just bad news, and antipsychotics should be avoided when you can do so. i.e. when no longer a danger to yourself and society.

There is no warranty for consciousness, and no official complaints department for when a person will not behave nicely, or normatively. Harming oneself is part and parcel with the belief that there is fault in the way things are. Nobody is at fault, we are all in the same basic tiny mental boat, and that boat keeps forming by our own actions to keep us afloat.

Hi All

Just a small follow-up

The guy is "fine", meaning 100% sure not worse after the trip and confirming each day that the trip helped a bit to, at least, buy some time away from depression

AFAIK, he keeps using his medications, etc.

Sooo, all good for now.

Last edited: