View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD Afterglow Question

Flying_Chippmunk

Greenlighter
So I've scoured the net looking for insight on how the afterglow feels after a light LSD trip, never having done it myself. I've taken psilocybin mushrooms, and I very much enjoy the after glow - in fact it's my favorite part. From most of the people online, I hear the LSD afterglow is very 'mentally tired' or 'spacey' or something along those lines. The issue I'm having is that I suspect that many of those people have taken a larger dose than I plan and/or are running on little sleep. The lack of sleep has a major impact and will make anybody spacey and strung out without the use of drugs. So if somebody could distinguish between a tired-afterglow from a well-rested afterglow. I plan on getting a good night sleep, going to the beach and having a "relaxing" one tab trip. I plan on tripping to learn more about myself, and expand my mind. I'm very good about drinking a lot of water and eating healthy, which is a big factor to mental well being. Any personal insight would be greatly appreciated.

*Yes I realize until I've taken it myself, I'll probably not fully understand. Anything psychedelic by nature is mostly subjective, based on the users personal experience - but answer as a broad generalization. And yes I realize this same exact question has probably been asked countless times, but a new voice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A good dose LSD trip is very physically and mentally draining. When the user does get some sleep, they are likely to still be tired, groggy, and spacey. Luckily, these symptoms quickly go away over the course of a few days. The really cool part is that these users often develop "tracers" to moving, colored objects such as cars driving down the street or glowsticks being waved around in the dark. Also, pot after such trips often intensifies these effects for around 6 months.

If you have a really really good and euphoric trip, the afterglow will feel like your soul and personality has been resetted.
Of course, such a trip will change your life for the better. You have a whole new outlook on life, a new sheet on yourself.

This depends on how euphoric and spiritual one trip gets, not the dosage. But I can imagine that a higher dosage will go more deep and spiritual of course. On a higher dose you have also a lesser chance to "resist" the experience, but this does not automatically mean better. A higher dose won't guarantee you a good trip.

I have had a life changing positive afterglow from only 150ug that has lasted for a couple of months.
I felt myself having changed to a hippe in just one night. I was just a lot happier and more satisfied with everything in life after this trip.
It didn't last forever though, it weared off after a couple of months. This is different with everyone. On some people this will wear off only after a couple of days, on other this will last a lifetime.

As TheCuriousOne has mentioned a positive or enlightening trip will affect your afterglow, at least in my experience. I've also noticed that sleeping at a time that's reasonable for you also helps promote feeling spiritually refreshed the next day instead of just being tired.

A good trip with proper rest will most likely lead to a nice afterglow, but it's not guaranteed.