• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Low Codeine Addict and Suboxone

Never once went over 380mg and there were many days I would use less. Even now at 150mg I've never used more or even had the thought to. Maybe I'm weird?? O.O

Really, youre in a great position compared to many. Sure 7 years is a long time habit to break... but I know you can do it. So youre at 150mg now? Work youre way down to 130, then 100. Then youre essentially ready to put it behind you. Maybe go 50mg for a bit then cold turkey it off 50.

See if you can get some valium for sleep and the withdrawals in general. It seems to help, especially first thing in the morning. You know that fucked up feeling lying in bed, aching, sick, anxious, tired, hot but cold but sweaty etc.

You can do it!

Really, youre in a great position compared to many. Sure 7 years is a long time habit to break... but I know you can do it. So youre at 150mg now? Work youre way down to 130, then 100. Then youre essentially ready to put it behind you. Maybe go 50mg for a bit then cold turkey it off 50.

See if you can get some valium for sleep and the withdrawals in general. It seems to help, especially first thing in the morning. You know that fucked up feeling lying in bed, aching, sick, anxious, tired, hot but cold but sweaty etc.

You can do it!

I was given Valium 5mg and 2mg but even at 10mg I felt nothing lol. Next week I'm coming down to 120mg and every week after by 30mg and see how it goes. I just find it hard to give up something I found to be beneficial? Yes the ibuprofen or Panadol is bad but that can be by passed. But I will try =D

wow, your GP is truly fucked up.. I cant believe what I just read...

good luck with getting off the codeine for good, Im sure youll be fine.. your just lucky your dose is so low, as tapering off what your on now should be a breeze

EDIT: sorry, it wasnt your GP, it was the 'doctor' at the clinic you were attending.. either way, that cunt should not be in the position he's in especially with some of the comments he's made.. I'de make a formal complaint against him if I was you

good luck with getting off the codeine for good, Im sure youll be fine.. your just lucky your dose is so low, as tapering off what your on now should be a breeze

EDIT: sorry, it wasnt your GP, it was the 'doctor' at the clinic you were attending.. either way, that cunt should not be in the position he's in especially with some of the comments he's made.. I'de make a formal complaint against him if I was you

I am making a formal complaint. Saw my family GP this morning and he agrees completey with everything I told him but unfortunately he cant take over prescribing due to the laws n such. Hes real worried about other people similar to me being put on Methadone or Suboxone.

Pisspot: I think it was a drugs counsellor that made all the bad calls - not a GP. Is that correct Jean?

It sounds like it's the regular GP who is, in this case, actually making sense based on the above post.

Saw my family GP this morning and he agrees completey with everything I told him but unfortunately he cant take over prescribing due to the laws n such. Hes real worried about other people similar to me being put on Methadone or Suboxone.

That's great to hear. It's hard to find a good GP, but it';s always good to know that there are some out there who are clued in and give a shit.

And yeah, it's a good idea to make a complaint and raise awareness about this practice of pushing people on to bupe or methadone for habits that could be controlled or reduced in a much safer, simpler way. There seems to be a few posts on here lately about people being put on buprenorphine - sometimes huge amounts - for fairly minor codeine addictions.

Very worrying.

Pisspot: I think it was a drugs counsellor that made all the bad calls - not a GP. Is that correct Jean?

It sounds like it's the regular GP who is, in this case, actually making sense based on the above post.

That's great to hear. It's hard to find a good GP, but it';s always good to know that there are some out there who are clued in and give a shit.

And yeah, it's a good idea to make a complaint and raise awareness about this practice of pushing people on to bupe or methadone for habits that could be controlled or reduced in a much safer, simpler way. There seems to be a few posts on here lately about people being put on buprenorphine - sometimes huge amounts - for fairly minor codeine addictions.

Very worrying.

Yeah it was the Drug Doctor who is the idiot. My GP is lovely and is now thinking twice about referring people to CADS.

It scares me to think someone needing help for a 'minor' amount is told to take Methadone or Suboxone without being told all the information as possible then wondering why can I not get off this Suboxone??? and in a lot of cases I've read it's made people worse off emotionally and physically then what their DOC did. I read than Naloxone can stop the body producing natural endorphins, seems counter-productive to me until I release maybe that is what they want, so people don't stop taking the Bupe since they feel so shite without it.

I forgot to mention something else f**ked up. I have a YouTube Gaming channel and the CADS Doctor kept asking me if I took my clothes off in these videos to get money for drugs...I kept saying UM NO I don't need money for drugs I work full time just like a normal person. Then he was like 'well why would anyone want to watch if you don't take your clothes off?' GROSS. I can't be alone in the room with him after that it just doesn't feel right. Plus he kept telling me I would end up a Heroin junky selling my body on the streets for drugs because and I quote "That's where all drug abusers end up' UH This attitude is wrong on so many levels it just blows my mind.

I'm so sick of the media and their lies towards drugs and drug users also, read this article and tell me it doesn't make you mad:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/life-style/7747033/Code-Red

I forgot to mention something else f**ked up. I have a YouTube Gaming channel and the CADS Doctor kept asking me if I took my clothes off in these videos to get money for drugs...I kept saying UM NO I don't need money for drugs I work full time just like a normal person. Then he was like 'well why would anyone want to watch if you don't take your clothes off?' GROSS. I can't be alone in the room with him after that it just doesn't feel right. Plus he kept telling me I would end up a Heroin junky selling my body on the streets for drugs because and I quote "That's where all drug abusers end up' UH This attitude is wrong on so many levels it just blows my mind.

This 'CADS doctor' is one f@$#ed c@#t. Cant think of much else to say about him. Its very disturbing hearing about people like this, in the position their in. They can potentially destroy peoples lives.

Glad its working out a lot better with your family doc.

I was on 900mg of codeine a day for about a year, then suddenly C/Ted it. Happily I went through fairly minor WD - felt crummy for a week and then that was that - but the insomnia's a bitch, isn't it? Apparently it'll pass. I read somewhere that, as a rough guide, the length of the period is the number of pills you took per day times a week. So if you chowed down on 20 pills to get your fix, the insomnia period will last for around 20 weeks. Don't know how true this is.

@JeanJM

Yeah, that article is so full of truths, non biased scientific information and indicative of the average user of codeine 8)

At base, says the witness, drug abuse is none of the things you see in the movies. There is no riding around with hip young nihilists like Drugstore Cowboy, no fleeing from authority to an electro-pop beat as in Trainspotting.

What it comes down to in real life is the solitary mutation of a healthy being into an old person. They drool, they fall asleep mid-sentence, they can't remember, their eyes roll back, they get fat, they're hot and cold at random, awake and asleep in dribs and drabs all round the clock, short of the toilet by a few steps fairly often and they get things wrong. Again and again and again. They ding their cars, heads loaded after the big trips around town to the chemists. They screw up and can't get another job. It's voluntary Alzheimer's and no matter what they once meant to you, no matter what the life they once led, no matter how popular and lovely and bright they once were, they become a weight.

The over-the-counter pill of choice for most is codeine.

The pill-junkie Jesus would go through your pockets looking to score, would lie to the face of God with a smile and leave you on the cross in a heartbeat to get high instead.

They like television. But even that passive nullity is too much. They nod out all the time. A user's giveaway is the corona of cigarette burns on the floor and clothes, curtains and furniture. Even on the mats that cover the original burns on the carpet. Even on the cat. They will watch the same thing over and over because it's always new to them, again. They become a lump of biology, human only in the strict legal sense.

Codeine is simple to score. The most popular brand for abusers is Nurofen Plus, with a nice 12.8 milligrams of cody inside.

At least up to the point it burns a hole in your stomach. Because what usually gets codeine junkies into A and E is not the codeine itself. That's because the N-Plus fun-pack pill comes with a boring chunk of ibuprofen painkiller. You can't separate it from the codeine and too much of it will drill your lining through like you drank a cup of Janola.

God that paragraph pisses me off!!!!!!!!! I posted a comment on that page and the moderators wouldn't post it.

thats the worst fucking thing Ive ever read. Was it in a paper? I dont know where to start and I cbf going through it point by point... but cant separate the codeine from the ibu eh? Ok, right.

And codeine users become non-functional hey? Tell that to the multitude of high distinctions Ive received for uni reports/essays/etc. Its called compartmentalisation.

Some of the best minds in history were opiate addicts... writers, philosophers.... and such.

The depression associated with chemist shopping is about the only thing the article touched on that hit home.

Yeah it was the Drug Doctor who is the idiot. My GP is lovely and is now thinking twice about referring people to CADS.

It scares me to think someone needing help for a 'minor' amount is told to take Methadone or Suboxone without being told all the information as possible then wondering why can I not get off this Suboxone??? and in a lot of cases I've read it's made people worse off emotionally and physically then what their DOC did. I read than Naloxone can stop the body producing natural endorphins, seems counter-productive to me until I release maybe that is what they want, so people don't stop taking the Bupe since they feel so shite without it.

I'm so sick of the media and their lies towards drugs and drug users also, read this article and tell me it doesn't make you mad:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/life-style/7747033/Code-Red

I'm not saying that you're lying, but I question the amount of truth you're giving. Don't be mad - if you know you are telling the truth then you know you have done no wrong. It's just - a medical professional saying that and doing that to you? Jesus... I would make that man's entire career profession about as valuable as a shit-stained diaper if he did that to me.

And codeine users become non-functional hey? Tell that to the multitude of high distinctions Ive received for uni reports/essays/etc. Its called compartmentalisation.

Um dude tell that to all the codeine-addicted yet unimpeachable housewifes who have been successully keeping house for the last few decades.

It's no secret that clean opiates aren't especiallly dangerous if you know what you're doing.

Good work on your HDs. Perhaps the vast student body who doesn't take drugs can learn from your example and improve their grades.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that you're lying, but I question the amount of truth you're giving. Don't be mad - if you know you are telling the truth then you know you have done no wrong. It's just - a medical professional saying that and doing that to you? Jesus... I would make that man's entire career profession about as valuable as a shit-stained diaper if he did that to me.

I understand but I am a very honest person. I see no point in lying to the Doctor who is meant to help me? He wouldn't be able to treat me appropriately without me being honest is how I see it. He made some of these comments in front of my Mother and Partner who couldn't believe it either.

thats the worst fucking thing Ive ever read. Was it in a paper? I dont know where to start and I cbf going through it point by point... but cant separate the codeine from the ibu eh? Ok, right.

Some of the best minds in history were opiate addicts... writers, philosophers.... and such.

The depression associated with chemist shopping is about the only thing the article touched on that hit home.

So just imagine if they gave you the Codeine in a controlled amount. No more chemist shopping and the stress associated with that. The Doctor said they had this other patient who was swallowing 100 Nurofen Plus daily until their stomach ruptured. I said wouldn't it of been better to give that patient pure Codeine to stop that kind of damage?? NO he said its the addicts fault and they get what they deserve! Could of saved tax payers money giving him the pure codeine instead of having to have surgery etc etc

Um dude tell that to all the codeine-addicted yet unimpeachable housewifes who have been successully keeping house for the last few decades.

It's no secret that clean opiates aren't especiallly dangerous if you know what you're doing.

Good work on your HDs. Perhaps the vast student body who doesn't take drugs can learn from your example and improve their grades.

Yep totally. The point being the article was stupid. As Im sure we all agree.

Why would a man who thinks drug addicts "deserve it" choose a career in drug counselling for any other reason than to cause harm? I would just taper off the codeine, since the dose you're taking (presumably) isn't going to get you high.

Well they are real pissed off at me now. I'm supposed to go see them once a week but I am a contractor and have been called to do a lot of jobs these last 2 weeks so I've been unable to get in a session. They are threatening to cut me off because of this which I don't really care anymore as work is more important to me than sitting in a room with a Doctor who keeps trying to push Methadone/Suboxone down my throat.

I've tapered down to 120mg now.