• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low carb diets and Tramadol / Codeine

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hi bluelighters.

First of all, I don't know where to ask this. I hope it is the right forum.

How does the keto diet (high fat / low carb) affect Tramadol or Codeine? Is it beneficial or harmful?

I have read that low carb / high fat diets are used in patients with epilepsy, so perhaps this type of diet can help prevent the Tramadol seizures. But my great doubt is whether these diets affect the metabolism of Codeine to Morphine or Tramadol to Desmetramadol (O-DSMT) in some way?

With Trams specifically I feel that when I eat less carb the effects are stronger. Unfortunately, Tramadol sometimes lowers my blood sugar so I need some carb to counteract it.

I advise you to use the keto diet. It is ideal for fighting chronic illnesses without fooling yourself by following a strict diet. But you can also eat, e.g., turkey bone broth. This is also an effective way to lose weight and keep it off if you have been following an unhealthy diet for a long time. The following article helped me understand why I feel depleted after a keto diet. First, we'll look at some basic facts about the keto diet: The keto diet uses a carbohydrate deficit to help you lose weight. The idea behind the keto diet is that your body responds by using fat instead of carbs in the form of sugar.