L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Love at first sight

alasdairm said:
exactly - it's not your definition.

with respect, they probably couldn't care less about your definition of love.

all that matters to them is their definition of love.

alasdair

"With respect," I think that's sad.

I hope I never get to a place where all that matters to me are my definitions.

Life ain't worth much without an openness to learning.

In.

My

Opinion.

L O V E L I F E said:
"With respect," I think that's sad.

Life ain't worth much without an openness to learning.

In.

My

Opinion.

I highly doubt that he meant that all that matters to a person is his or her own opinion or that we should be closed off to learning. It was a situational kind of comment. But more importantly, you're off topic ... this isn't about a definition of love, this is about whether or not you've ever felt something like love at first sight. This is a happy place, please, let it stay that way.

"this isn't about a definition of love, this is about whether or not you've ever felt something like love at first sight."

My opinion that "love" encompasses so much more than is possible to have "at first sight" is directly on point in a discussion about "love at first sight."

I am very happy for anyone who is fortunate enough to be experiencing infatuation - I have felt it many times, and it feels great.

But in my opinion, you can't love a person without knowing them, and in my opinion, you can't know a person immediately.

"This is a happy place, please, let it stay that way."

Santa Claus doesn't exist either.

Sorry.

L O V E L I F E said:

i think you're reading way too much into my comments - we're focused specifically on what the definition of love is (in this case).

try putting yourself in their shoes - somebody tells you that the love you feel is not actually love because they choose to define it differently? how would you react?

i'm paraphrasing (myself as it happens) but i have trouble understanding people who say, essentially "your thing does not fit my definition of love therefore, regardless of how you feel, it's not love"

that's all.

:)

alasdair

i do listen to everyones opinion. But i will in fact keep my own. I know how I feel and it makes me happy. Maybe not everyone agrees with it, but i didnt ask if people agree with it, lol. I asked if anyone had the same experiences.

Alasdair.... I enjoy readin ur posts in this matter :)

L O V E L I F E said:
Santa Claus doesn't exist either.

Sorry.

Did someone burst your bubble at a young age? Or do you just like trying to burst other people's? Cheer up.

I know I love Xander, just like I know there's a lot more about him I have to learn about. And I will as time passes, there's no rush, we have a while. And as I learn more about him, and learn about us as a couple, I'm sure that these initial feelings I have will grow. Then maybe other disbelievers will allow me to say I'm in love. Even though I already am. It's difficult to express how you feel in a place like this, because there's so much more to it than words, or even images. How do you put feeling into words?

sucks for me

saw the girl. it was love or lust at first sight, talked to her. i started to like her more. then she did not like me the same in return. ive been upset sence. months and months so i started doing drugs now im on this thing writting trip reports on reseach chems and lsd and other drugs, Life u gota love it.

L O V E L I F E said:
To those who believe in "love at first sight," what is your definition of "love?"

love is promising someone the moon and spending a life time making reality out of the impossible.

i have experienced two forms of love, over time, and at first sight. i would consider myself to have been in love three times. with my last girl friend (12 years) it was love over time. i was not in love with her the moment i met her.

i have just recently met a girl who i had actually dreamt about three months before meeting her. when i met her i was dumbstruck. we were both very awkward around each other on the first day, second day we spent pretty well holding eachother and that lasted over two days. we did not sleep, just sat up and talked, and then she had to leave. we had the most excuzitly painful goodbye on the last day.

we have not kissed, she lives on the other side of canada, and it will be about seven months untill we can even be together. (i'm going mining)

i know it is love at first sight because her name is the only thing running through my head (not good for the school work), i walk through little patches of her scent randomly (not perfume the actual smell of her skin), because even the memory of her makes my knees a little weaker, and my stomach feel like a speedbag.

i knew the moment that i saw her that i was going to marry her. we're going to go spend six months in thiland figuring that all out.

i think love at first sight is totally possible. in my case i don't see it as lust at first sight, as the two of us would have kissed at least, or had sex if it were just lust.

love your posts LOVELIFE, you always have a way of interjecting a lot of philosphical contemplation in threads. sometimes playing devils advocate, sometimes not. good thread discussion. (in my opinion*grin*)

Last edited:
I have just reread the entire thread and can certainly see how my comments may have offended.

For that I am sorry; it was certainly not my aim.

I posted my thoughts about the thread topic, "Love At First Sight," and not about anyone's situation specifically.

If the thread topic was instead entitled "My New Girlfriend and I Are In Love!" I probably would not have rained on their parade.

In any event, I wish the two of you much happiness together. :)

L O V E L I F E said:
I have just reread the entire thread and can certainly see how my comments may have offended.

For that I am sorry; it was certainly not my aim.

I posted my thoughts about the thread topic, "Love At First Sight," and not about anyone's situation specifically.

If the thread topic was instead entitled "My New Girlfriend and I Are In Love!" I probably would not have rained on their parade.

In any event, I wish the two of you much happiness together. :)

I do appreciate it. If you didnt mean any harm like u said than u are forgiven... :) ....

Use the search engine. You also need to differentiate love and infatuation.

i got hit hard once by the same forces, and i have to say i do believe in love at first sight.

i'm sure you don't wanna hear this, but unless the other guy possesses similar feelings for you, be prepared to be hurt in the long run if you get involved with him, unless his feelings for you develop...

if he isn't attracted to you at all, and you're INCREDIBLY attracted to him, then i'd suggest you run the other way and try not to look back...

have u actually read any of this thread? if u did u would know that several people beleive in love at first sight and we dont think ur retarded... just make a move and see what happens

Phobia* said:
He has the exact feelings for me but...this has never happend to me before. Its just odd.

then what the hell are you waiting for? if he has the actual SAME feelings and it was love at first sight for both of you guys, you guys should make an amazing couple...unless there's something you're not telling us