Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Louie

I love the show, but haven't been watching this season. I recently moved and haven't been watching much tv, although I really need to catch up on season three quickly.

This season is his best yet. The episode Daddy's Girlfriend Pt. II was one of the best 30 minutes I've ever seen on TV. I'm a die-hard Parker Posey fan and the episode just reminded me why I love her so much. The other episodes this season are nearly as memorable for me as well.

Damn I am SO glad I found this thread!!!

I think Louie is brilliant. Louis CK is a national treasure.

I've never liked any popular personality as well as I like him. I never seem to like mainstream stuff. I can never understand it.

But Louie, I GET IT!!! <3 <3

I wish more directors had Louie's honesty. They're too busy worrying about what will bring in high ratings. You can tell that Louie is writing for himself and not an audience.

Funny story
Seen him at a festival a few years ago and laughed so hard I started choking lol

It was after everyone else stopped laughing and Louie noticed I was about to die and stopped and made sure I was ok, I gave him a thumbs up while taking a drink of my water and he continued
Trufax

this is a very funny story.

i've seen a couple of episodes over PB's shoulder while he marathon watches all the seasons. i liked the joke about the milk, that was very funny. i'm laughing now just thinking about it.

The series only shoots for three days per week. Louis C.K. has custody of his children for the rest of the week and refuses to shoot on those days. On those days, he edits the episodes while his children are at school. According to C.K., the crew dislikes the schedule but has to accept it. C.K. edits every episode using a MacBook Pro.

that's pretty cool.

tumblr_m9cgfbINf51qft92go1_500.gif

tumblr_m9cgfbINf51qft92go2_500.gif

same

I wish more directors had Louie's honesty. They're too busy worrying about what will bring in high ratings. You can tell that Louie is writing for himself and not an audience.

He touched on this in one episode even. The one here he's shooting a pilot for a sitcom, says the writing is too typical and that instead of cute jokes the wife should divorce the main character and things of that nature.

One of my good friends brushed her boob on Louis CK last week at a comedy club... it was accidental, and she's a comedian, in New York, but I still thought it was pretty awesome.

I was doubting this story, but the word "good" makes it all fall into place.

Just saw the season 3 premiere last night and yep, just as good as ever. I second whoever said more shows should be this honest.

Also, I noticed this in the opening credits:

CGFFo.jpg

He does the voice of Towlie on South Park. Same guy who wrote Wondershowzen. PFFR!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInLXv9bqFo

Just saw the season 3 premiere last night and yep, just as good as ever. I second whoever said more shows should be this honest.

Also, I noticed this in the opening credits:

CGFFo.jpg

He does the voice of Towlie on South Park. Same guy who wrote Wondershowzen. PFFR!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YInLXv9bqFo

Love Louie! Max - thanks for the cool insight re: Vernon Chatman! Am totally convinced that Louie is not only brilliant, but he surrounds himself with such brilliant writers and actors and stuff...

And on top of that, I used to have a friend who worked on Wondershowzen and she passed away quite a few years ago, while under the influence of alcohol. She wasn't into drugs (although one can argue alcohol is a drug) and didn't approve of my use (which, at that, time was tons of benzos and some coke), but we did drink alot together... I have such great memories of her... I'm kinda glad this thread got me thinking about my old friend... Thanks!

Just caught up to episode 10 of season 3, great stuff as always that has me questioning my very existence, might as well be a maggot sucking on a dead cat's face kinda thing, but nothing new.

Louie's pessimism gets to me a bit sometimes. When he says things like, "life is shit wall to wall" I can't help but think, "cheer up man... shit's not so bad".

Don't get me wrong, I love the show but there's are points where the show seems dour, almost misanthropic in its portrayal of life.

^ I agree, he does seem massively depressed but I think he's always been like that. I think it use to be easier for me to swallow because he just put it straight into stand-up not real life situations. Last week's episode was pretty hardcore with the whole doing 'happy math' once you're past 40 because you're 'almost there'. :\ Damn dude. That's probably why my favorite bits usually involve his girls (with the exception of the Parker Posey bits).

I watched last week's episode last night. I'm nestled on my couch, lamenting to myself, "Ugh, this story line is getting tiresome." Fuck. Louie never lets me down though. The episode was awesome. Jack's(?) 3 pieces of show biz advice and then Jerry Seinfeld's "secret". i mean, you saw it coming a mile away, but I loved watching him go out there and kill it. The end was tough. I felt for him. The music at the very end and watching him scream at the studio bldg made up for it all.

Life IS shit in my estimation. I've seen so much bullshit, and been through so much bullshit, that yes, Louis CK, I agree, life is shit. Thank you for making a connection with me by mentioning that for some of us, the shit's just wall to wall.

To some that may seem dark. To me it seems realistic.

I just realized that my DVR has been recording the new season. I set it last year for the first season and it's still recording Louie.

I have a lot of television to watch now, so if you'll excuse me....

what season is it upto? i've only seen season 1. I thought it just got better and better. Funny how he plays on alot of taboo subjects like hiv/aids and masturbating.

Season 3 just ended. It was an excellent season. His best IMO.

NSFW:
I can't believe Parker Posey died. That was sudden and unexpected.