⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Louie

the first episode i think with the neighbor smoking pot is great

That was one of my favorites. Josh Hamilton as the stoner neighbor, was great in that. I wish that guy would get more work. He's awesome. My favorite being the dentist episode with Ricky Gervais. Those two together are comic gold.

Stoner scene

Louie: Season 1 is on Netflix instant right now for anyone interested. :)

"you can't go in there." ... "your dad is dead."

was perfectly executed. :D:D:D

^that was the funniest part in the series.

yeah it's far better than the average comedy series, but i really don't see it as "groundbreaking" on any level. louie ck seems like a great guy, his down to earth and honest style is refreshing and the ricky gervais cameos using him as the straight are a gem.

definitely worth the watch

yeah it's far better than the average comedy series, but i really don't see it as "groundbreaking" on any level.

It's not. LOVELIFE grossly exaggerates everything he enjoys even remotely.

I really enjoyed the opening episode. Looks like another good season. :)

Oh nice, S2 has started.

Love this show. Also really enjoyed Lucky Louie, but it was cancelled for some reason.

To the people brushing off the claim that the series is "groundbreaking". Can you name some similar shows?

I think the way the show tackles issues like racism and death and the atheistic sense of mortality is pretty cool. I mean, as a sitcom that remains funny while depicting these things. I also like the way that it's both funny and emotionally involving. There's also the unstructeredness of it (for example, a majority of one of the episodes could be him doing stand up, while another episode might have more of a narrative throughout it.)

Anyway. It's my favourite show right now.

To the people brushing off the claim that the series is "groundbreaking". Can you name some similar shows?

I can, I just don't feel like it.

The problem nowadays is these kind of superlatives are tossed around like ladyboys at a G.I. camp in 'Nam. LOVELIFE in particular is fond of proclaiming anything he likes as "OMG THIS IS THE BEST SHIT EVER, HOLY FUCK ITS SO INCREDIBLE ITS LIKE WATCHING THE BIRTH OF BABY JESUS IN HD!" It's like, calm down dude.

Anyways, that being said, the first season truly kicked major ass and while I don't have FX I look forward to catching it on Hulu (with limited commercial interruption ;) ) if that's still an option. The scene last year that had Louis almost getting his ass kicked by high schoolers in front of his date was so uncomfortable yet so humorous. Hard to pull off, that is, if you're not doing juvenile shock humor.

I would say it has ground-breaking facets to it. While it's not the first show to tackle weighty human emotions with brutal honesty, it might be the first half-hour sitcom to do so. Add to this the fact that it's pretty much all coming from the mind of one guy, who directs, and is also the star, without coming off as pretentious tripe makes it unique enough to deserve the superlative in my book.

^ Agreed. I'm all caught up on season 2, and I really think that he made a good choice going with FX.

Any major network would cancel this in a heartbeat. Even faster than Lucky Louie. It's too dark and it's too artsy for a mainstream audience.

Personally, I'm really enjoying it. I can rewatch an episode 2-3x which says a lot.

Really enjoying season 2. The scene where he pictures himself cleaning off the dirty seat on the train was dick grabbingly awesome.

im watching that right now. the violin player on the subway platform playing with the bum in the background had me howling. so awesome!

This show is the shit. I love any show that can make me laugh but also think how truly fucked/pitiful we all are. The episode about Religion was the only episodes or media outlets to ever turn a trip spiraling into a negative abyss. AcO-DMT really got me all caught up in the brutality of the killing of Christ and what a show it was. I still watch it sometimes while on the occasional trip but I make sure to read the description now a days. I don't know if I would call it groundbreaking but Louie's style simply cannot be denied. It just isn't a normal approach to a view on life. Atleast to what your made to think a cheery eyed 9 to 5'er view life as. Also his truth is just different, sure some people would stand in front of a group of people and admit that they would fuck an animal if the population was zeroed, but do you know any? Oh you do.....:(

I think I missed a couple episodes in season one, I need to find those somewhere. Season two is great so far, this has to be my favorite show in a very long time.

Am I the only one who loved season 1 but loathes season 2 ? Really I haven't liked a single episode this season so far. To me it just feels like C.K. has ran out of ideas and is just doing extended scenes of nothing to fill the episodes (see the scene where he sings "Who are you" for instance)

^ I don't agree. I loved season 1. I'm loving season 2.

Season 1 didn't have linear-progressing storylines in the episodes, and neither does this season. So to describe season 2 as having "extended scenes of nothing" just means you don't like his ideas; not that he's run out. I feel like, if anything, he's touching on even more unconventional issues (or issues in a more unconventional way).