• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Lottery winner used $3 million prize to fund meth ring, feds say

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
This Walter White wannabe is officially down on his luck.

ronnie-music-2.jpg

Ronnie Music Jr., a 45-year-old Georgia man, is facing a maximum of life in prison after he invested part of his $3 million lottery winnings into a crystal methamphetamine drug ring, federal officials said Tuesday.

Music, who won the lump sum in a local scratch-off lottery game in Feb. 2015, pleaded guilty in US District Court to the federal drug trafficking and gun charges last week.

Investigators revealed that after he hit it big, Music conspired with others to buy and sell kilograms of crystal meth in Ware County, Ga. and elsewhere.

It was determined that Music was a source of supply for the meth that he purchased for resale with his own lottery winnings, officials said.

His co-conspirators were caught trying to sell about 11 pounds of the drug, which has an estimated street value that exceeds $500,000, according to the US Attorney’s Office.

Music won the top lottery prize after playing the instant game 100X The Money, which he bought from a Waycross gas station.

“I couldn’t believe it, and I still don’t believe it yet,” Music told Fox affiliate WBRC-TV at the time. “I buy tickets every once in a while.”

Music, a former maintenance supervisor, and his wife planned on saving a portion of the winnings, according to the TV station.

Federal agents seized more than $1 million worth of meth, an arsenal of firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, multiple cars, and more than $600,000 in cash as part of the case.

“Defendant Music decided to test his luck by sinking millions of dollars of lottery winnings into the purchase and sale of crystal meth. As a result of his unsound investment strategy, Music now faces decades in a federal prison,” US Attorney Ed Tarver said.

Source: http://nypost.com/2016/07/27/lottery-winner-used-3m-prize-to-fund-meth-lab-feds-say/

This sounds like the premise of a new comedy series or something.

"This fall, the man who thought he had it all.......will try to make it work with less. Starring Danny McBride and that other guy"

That would make a good TV show.

Should be on HBO, they like running shows for 3 seasons... RIP Deadwood

Regrettably enough my first thought upon seeing the suspects image was "yep, looks like the kind of guy who'd invest his lottery winnings in a meth ring."

I remember reading a story about some lottery winner later getting arrested selling Crack Cocaine out of his new sports car, lol

In all fairness though, for most of my life that, or some version of that would be me if I won the lottery. Maybe not today, but if you handed me a check for a few million dollars when I was still drinking? I probably wouldn't make it to where this guy is cause I'd be dead in a week.

I might buy a large amount of drugs for myself if I won 3 million, but how greedy is someone that they used the winnings to start up a meth ring? Why? Even the reasons that don't involve money, like you enjoy drug hos don't make sense, you could buy a few pounds of it and party with the drug shanks. These guys must have no idea what they are doing, they sold 11 pounds in one deal. Felony amount that would set off red flags for any experienced drug dealer.

Last edited:
This is awesome. Someone beats the poor tax only to end up in jail.

Dear readers digest "Life in these united states.",
I am writing from prison, but I have a doozy of a story......