• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Loss of a Bluelighter in the Midwest - heyamber

The funeral was really tough today...so many people there that loved Amber!

Heather I am here for ya girl please call!

Love ya all,

Brooke

This is Heather and Amber was my best friend. Just reading all of the things you guys write has comforted me in so many ways. Please don't ever forget Amber and what she meant to all of us. I'm not sure I know anyone who loved this scence as she did. I wish you could see the collection of kandi and techno music this girl had. I truely wish she hadn't left the party so soon.

my best wishes to her friends and family. this has been a tough year for me as i have lost many people close to me, so i know what y'all are going through.

my thoughts are with all of you.

:(

Loved ones

I have little to say excepts sorrow for the family and friends of this young girl. God obviously has work for her to do in heaven which is why he took her early.

"Only the good die young"

rest in peace, AMBER.

Amber had such a kind spirit. The first time I met her was at Wishing On A Star 3 in Dayton. Someone had sprayed pepper spray & I had accidently walked through the area where it was sprayed. I started coughing & couldn't breathe. Out of the 3 people who were supposed to be my friends none of them would go outside with me.......But Amber, a complete stranger, did. I luved her 4 that. I always told everyone that she saved my life :0) I wish I could've saved hers. I will miss her 4ever.

man this sucks so bad...ive talked numerous times with amber an met on halloween it was really weird, we met on the xpressway an exchaged numbers thru hand signals..she would call an be so excited about parties..even when there wasnt parties we would exchange how things were going in life.. she seemed sooooo excited to finish the year an progress more into life.. she was very much ready for the next step in life..i hate myself soo much for not meeting with her at amtosphere a month or two ago.. i cant think of anything else to say except im so sorry theres nothing i could do =*( my prayers are with her,friends, and family to the fullest.. im sorry i couldnt get to this sooner, and i almost called her phone the other day while i was thinking of her.. i would have been so hurt to find out at the time as i am now.. god watch over us all an keep her safe! -sean

my rainbow buddy

hey everybody..i just found out the news today and my heart is broken. i loved that girl so much...i wish i would have known in time to go to the funeral and have some closure. ambers mom called me today and told me the news. i just cant believe it...its so hard for me to grasp. i had so much fun partying with that chick...she was my rainbow buddy...ill never forget you, amber. you have been such an inspiration for me to stay in school and follow my heart. you will never be forgotten. you will be in my heart forever and always.

I still check this everyday and read the messages over and over. It's been one month today since the last time I saw Amber smile. I miss her more and more everyday. Everything I do reminds me of her. Keep her in your hearts and memories forever, then her legacy will never die. I love you girl and I'm wishing on a STAR!!!!

This is truely sad. It is so good to see that she had many ppl who loved her :) She will live on in ppl's hearts

To My Family and Friends,

Amber loved life. She overcame the untimely loss of her father and learned to embrace life and learning with a passion rarely seen. We celebrated her life at the funeral services. At the graveside we blew bubbles over her casket as Amber’s great uncle sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The day ended with a candlelight vigil on the waterfront in Louisville. This surely was a most sacred and blessed celebration of her life. I felt a sense of peace. I know Amber was smiling.

I remember what I said when the state troopers announced to me that my daughter was dead. I screamed to my husband, “I can’t do this.” I was wrong. With the love, support, and help of all the people who have reached out to me in this troubling time I have completed the two most difficult tasks in my life: burying my daughter and closing down her apartment. I have been truly humbled. Somehow I feel as if I have been lifted and carried.

The outpouring of love and support that I have received in the loss of my daughter has been breathtaking. I can not keep track of all the people who have reached out to me through visits, phone calls, cards, flowers, and various types of assistance. Condolence messages are posted on websites*. The University of Louisville has established the Amber Heuerman Honors Research Fund**. Donations have been generous. U of L is also granting Amber an honorary diploma and has forgiven her student loans. Kroger employees have planted 3 dogwood trees in the park across the street from my house. People have written poems, gotten tattoos symbolizing Amber’s spirit, and made T-shirts with her picture on the back. This flow of love for me, my daughter, and the rest of my family has made it possible for me to do the very difficult things that I have had to do in the past 6 weeks. I am very sad, but I know that I am not alone.

The Lord has given me the people that I needed through all of the seasons of my life. I want to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to me and my family. I know that you have been placed in my life for a reason. I especially want to thank the young people who have shared not only their tears but also their incredible energy with me. For those of you who knew Amber and are also struggling with the loss, look around at the people who have been placed in your life.

Amber taught me to press on. She packed a lot of living, loving, giving, and learning into a short period of time. Honor Amber’s legacy by embracing life, love, learning and giving. Do the things that Amber was not granted the time to do.

In deepest gratitude,

Connie

* www.legacy.com/kentucky (search for Heuerman)
www.affordablefuneralhome.com (search for Heuerman)

** Amber Heuerman Honors Research Fund
Department of Psychology
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292

My thoughts are with you.

Sounds like she was a very special person.........you should be proud and im sure you are.

Connie, I am deeply sorry for you and your family over this loss. I never knew Amber, but she sounds like the kind of person you would want to have in your life - full of energy, love and potential. It saddens me that she was lost at such a young age but one day you will be reunited with her, and then you can both be at peace.

Wow, this is all so sad, and all so wonderfully inspirational too. I am truly touched by the outpouring of emotion for this girl. I am half way across the world in Australia, and even though, obviously, i never knew or met Amber, I am still touched by everything I have read here.
From my point of view, death is not the end. I believe wholeheartedly in reincarnation and i have studied Spiritualism for 20 years. It's pretty well along the lines of what John Edward does, and in all I have seen, I have come to know it as my truth. I believe in life after death, and I am sure that everyone who has a special place for Amber in there hearts will see her again when it is their time. Don't think that you are shut off from her, she is still living, she's just in a different state of being to us.
There is so much more I could say, but i don't feel it's my place, and I want to show proper respect as not everyone is in harmony with what i believe. Blessings to you all, many times over, in this difficult period. Peace.

I was at a party in Louisville last friday and the dj played a song in amber's memoery. it was really awesome and i really felt her spirt there.

I have had a close friend die at a party and i know that it hurts but she will live on in your hearts. RIP Amber........