• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

losing my hair :( really bothering me , which way to go need to be decisive !

Bare_head

Bluelighter
hey guys, so im 28, coming up 29 few month, always had fairly thickish hair, but last 2 month it has receeded alot thinnign wise and the front is even becoming thinner . i wear it like most guys with medium length hair but obviously its becoming noticetable to myself and even getting tingling itching feeling..

got glassed by a thug a few month back too so scar on my nose is making me even more self concious...

im sure its mpb cause my dad had it early years and it has all the signs really, but i have been very stressed the past 8 month and have died hair when i was younger which cant have helped :(

i am now in a really great financial positon and have made an app for a consoltation with a trichologist about possible help, i know these private clinics will want me to buy a transplant but i have read alot about them and not everything is great about them years in and they can cost up to 10k , i think less for me as my hair isnt fully gone yet...

so guys, i actually havnt been to see my gp, but i dont see what he can do? other than test my blood for dht ? anyone thats gone through this please advise me?

i have a pale complextion so if i am to shave my head fully i guess im gonna have to go on a holiday or two and get a tan ...

many regards,

What topical applications have you tried? Have you tried dutasteride or finasteride?

I'd consider all these before going for a transplant, particularly as, if you continue to lose more hair, you'll have thinning behind the transplanted hair.

FWIW I have 2 friends who had transplants, they look great, you'd never know. They had both stopped receding first though.