• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazepam high?

Quickfixgrrl

Bluelighter
I usually get Valium once a month but today I asked for Ativan. I've taken 10mg under my tongue about an hour ago now and feel no effect at all.
I've also taken 900mg of Pregabalin today.
At most I feel slightly tired.
I was expecting a bit of euphoria from the Ativan! I don't have a high tolerance as I rarely take them... confused and disappointed ? Wtf??

It's called delusions of sobriety.

Benzos are only really "euphoric" on their own when you have little no tolerance and/or a pre-existing anxiety disorder where you experience the anxiety relief as akin to a mild sense of euphoria.

But there is no way that you're not actually affected by 10 mg of lorazepam; that is equivalent in strength to the initial effect of a 100 mg dose of diazepam (albeit considerably less long-lasting, as lorazepam has a much shorter half-life).

I've just taken 4 more.
I have anxiety and depression and take Lexapro, Mirtazapine and Pregabalin. I get my monthly Valium but I've found that the nice fuzzy high disappears within about 30 minutes... so wanted to try Ativan.
Like I said, all I'm feeling is sleepy. The worry and dread I constantly feel hasn't subsided.. I thought it would ?

Knowing me, I'll munch through this whole bottle in 2 days. Which brings me to the question.. how many would you OD on?

Last edited:
Taken 18 in total now. I should probably stop.
Damn, so disappointed!! Definitely sticking with my Valium in future.

how many would you OD on?

I get a bad feeling when people ask that.. Benzos, at least on their own, are generally quite safe. You might lose a couple of days and act like a Looney Tune, but it's usually not like a heroin overdose. Mixed with opioids and other downers though, it gets pretty dangerous. Affects one's ability to breathe.

Eighteen anything is too many though, slow down. You'll wake up 200km away with things you don't remember obtaining.

I get a bad feeling when people ask that.. Benzos, at least on their own, are generally quite safe. You might lose a couple of days and act like a Looney Tune, but it's usually not like a heroin overdose. Mixed with opioids and other downers though, it gets pretty dangerous. Affects one's ability to breathe.

Eighteen anything is too many though, slow down. You'll wake up 200km away with things you don't remember obtaining.
Thanks. I'm in a safe place by myself for the night. I think I'll just end up sleeping for a looooong time.
It now feels like kinda light headedness you get from drinking, but without the buzz. I guess they've kicked in now.. I can't see straight but am fully mentally stable.

That's not good... I hope you have someone watching you.

I am alone. I can't seem to help myself when it comes to pills... I'm an addict ? lorazepam count is now 22 pills.
Plus I just keep chewing away at my Lyrica.
I'm in a bad place. In the middle of a separation and just don't want to feel anymore.

I am alone. I can't seem to help myself when it comes to pills... I'm an addict ? lorazepam count is now 22 pills.
Plus I just keep chewing away at my Lyrica.
I'm in a bad place. In the middle of a separation and just don't want to feel anymore.

Is there someone you can call and tell them what's going on? That's a ridiculous amount of ativan... You don't want to black out and do something stupid.

I did get up off the couch and attempted to walk.... waking is not my friend right now..

This is common with lorazepam. It seems to be either people love it or they literally can't even feel it. I also don't believe 1mg equals 10mg diazepam, I think it's more like 2mg.

But in any case if it's not doing the job for you don't just keep boshing mad doses, stop and ask the doc for another benzo.

22mg...seriously?

Yes. Got a bottle of 50 today..
I was trying for that euphoria so just kept pooping them. It finally did take an effect, but only on my body (can't walk straight and have double vision). My cognitive thinking is in tact.
I won't ever take so many again.. waste of time and money. I'm in bed now so I can't fall through a window or anything ?
Valium next time for sure. I take 25mg (5 pills) of them and my anxiety is diminished and I feel great for a while.

Someone's been taking The Onion too seriously ?

Well I had lovely snooze and dreamt that I was eating pizza. It was weird, in my drug induced state I couldn't establish if I was really there... I saw myself waking to the store and actually buying the pizza. I thought it was real.
It woke me up and I was quite disappointed ? However, I'm pretty sure I'm awake now and I've ordered a REAL PIZZA ?
Ah.... fucking random days...

For future reference, until I can see my doc again in 3 weeks, I'll stick to taking 2 in the morning. I have Mitazapine which helps my sleep tremendously so won't even need a night dose.
I kinda played with fire tonight. It's like a compulsion for me though; I just want the bad feelings to go away (albeit temporarily) and I'm the kind of person who wants this pain fixed yesterday....
I'm still well in my Ativan zone right now.. typing with one eye closed! It's definitely like a drunk feeling for me, without the euphoria ?

I've been prescribed Ativan for almost ten years and there's no fucking way I could stay conscious much less type coherently on 22mg in the span of only a few hours. Are you sure they didn't give you the .5mg pills?