• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam Ampuole IV, IM, SC What to do

Asig

Greenlighter
I read a lot of related posts, but haven't been seen enough information to comfortably take any action, yet. I obtained a 20mg/10mL Lorazepam Inj, Usp ampoule that is for both IV and IM, though the specific instructions on this label says it was being administered SC.

I am familiar with IV technique, but only currently have new rigs suitable for IM (25g) and I also am not familiar with diluting this chemical, so have no suitable solutions to go with IV method (I don't think my sterile purified water solution is what it calls for). I am aiming to go the IM route, but would like confirmation on amount. I am not trying to get any rush and I have work in a few hours. I am prescribed 4-5mg Clonazepam daily (for at least a decade now) and weigh around 135lbs at 5'6. I have not ingested any klonopin since yesterday afternoon and need anxiety relief for work (out of meds until Mon).

With a 1mL rig, what is a good range for bad anxiety, but can still function? (I don't have to drive to work and it's just a retail type gig)

Thank you for any advice, I don't want to mess up, but I AM going to have it one way or another and my final option would be to drink it, which I hear is blasphemy.

Lorazepam (Ativan) is basically twice as potent, weight for weight, as Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril). Also, as Benzodiazepines generally have great oral bioavailability, there won't be a major increase in potency through the various injection routes. The only thing you might want to account for is that Clonazepam is an intermediately-acting Benzodiazepines, while Lorazepam is on the shorter side. For this reason and with stability in mind, you might want to split the dose up. If you take Clonazepam twice per day, maybe take 3 proportionate injections of Lorazepam, but this might not even be necessary.

You also really don't have to inject them at all. If you're looking for just anxiety relief and not a buzz, you could just drink the solution or even take it rectally.

Oh, perfect. I forgot about the rectal option. I decided to just drink it and I will take split doses. Thank you for your reply and the information supplied! Exactly what I was looking for.

Man you are lucky as hell , you don't live in the US do you ? I wish I could get my hands on any injerctible benzo fuck man

Lorazepam (Ativan) is basically twice as potent, weight for weight, as Clonazepam (Klonopin, Rivotril). Also, as Benzodiazepines generally have great oral bioavailability, there won't be a major increase in potency through the various injection routes. The only thing you might want to account for is that Clonazepam is an intermediately-acting Benzodiazepines, while Lorazepam is on the shorter side. For this reason and with stability in mind, you might want to split the dose up. If you take Clonazepam twice per day, maybe take 3 proportionate injections of Lorazepam, but this might not even be necessary.

You also really don't have to inject them at all. If you're looking for just anxiety relief and not a buzz, you could just drink the solution or even take it rectally.
Ummm no. Ativan is not twice as potent. Its twice LESS potent. Meaning 2mg Lorazepam equals 1mg clonazepam

Ummm no. Ativan is not twice as potent. Its twice LESS potent. Meaning 2mg Lorazepam equals 1mg clonazepam

Fuck man. Today is not my day. You're totally right that I fudged that. Please believe me that I actaully know that's not the case :(. Thanks for the correction ovo, as that's obviously an important distinction. Sorry for the misinformation everybody and I'll try to be more careful in the future.

To reiterate, Lorazepam is half as potent mg for mg as Clonazepam. I'm gonna go silently reflect somewhere.

Fuck man. Today is not my day. You're totally right that I fudged that. Please believe me that I actaully know that's not the case :(. Thanks for the correction ovo, as that's obviously an important distinction. Sorry for the misinformation everybody and I'll try to be more careful in the future.

To reiterate, Lorazepam is half as potent mg for mg as Clonazepam. I'm gonna go silently reflect somewhere.
Lol i figured it was a brain fart. You're to educated of a mod to get that one wrong. It happebs