• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

I took 72mg today at 9am to suppress WDs during my trip from GR -> NL (total 10 hours).

Don't waste time telling me this is placebo, I had literally not a 1 single WD symptom through out the whole trip, and I have tested before, and even with Kratom, at the 8 hour point I would already have at least headache and intense cravings. This loperamide removed even the intense cravings (now I am just on a mundane mood, not bad not good).

So the kind of mood where I wanna get high and euphoric, but after just a few puffs and a couple lines, I can barely keep my eyes open and I am forgetting to breathe. Granted, the H here is stronger than in GR, but I am versed with this H as well, and this would never happen, so clearly this bullshit drug is giga potentiating the effects of H.

I am not going to take anymore now because I know an OD is just around the corner, I am trying to freaking study and I can't keep my eyes open more than 1s, and I can;t focus on what I am reading because I have to remind myself to breathe.

Anyone knows how long this bullshit drug lasts? Will I be able to get high tomorrow morning?

Regardless, I am convinced beyond any doubt that loperamide suppresses WDs. I am also convinced beyond any doubt that it is very unhealthy, it is well known to cause heart problems at high dosages, I have also read that after it passes BBB it is like MPTP (fries dopaminergic neurons -> parkinson), but if you really don't wanna go through WD, it defo works (at least for the first 10 hours, I don't know how effective it would be 3 days down the line). Also, don't try to get high on it, neither this time (72mg) nor the previous (120mg) did I get even the slightest euphoria / elevation of mood. But it certainly eradicated 90-95% WDs.

But now it prevents me from getting high, not in the bupe or methadone way, rather it is so strong in itself despite not getting you high, that combined with hard opes like H, I feel OD's right around the corner.

TLDR; 1) when does high dose lope effect stops?, 2) ppl who say high dose lope doesn't work have not tried it/have very strong BBB/ are perhaps delusional, 3) jfl at all the comments in both megathreads about not being able to shit with high dose lope, it is nowhere near as constipating as heroin
you know what I haven't took lope for ages used to take it regular but you have inspired me to maybe give it another go, after all its cheap as chips so not gonna cost a lot eh

Piperine works great for thc induced anxiety also

I always keep a jar of freshly toasted peppercorns in case an edible dose contains a strain thats a bit too much

Toasting in the oven on 285° for an hour makes them easier to chew and taste good

you know what I haven't took lope for ages used to take it regular but you have inspired me to maybe give it another go, after all its cheap as chips so not gonna cost a lot eh
Don't do it to get high, I felt bad both times I used it, I am just saying that it is good if you want to suppress withdrawal

You can die from OD on this thing

Withdrawing from a six month spell on Buprenorphine, fuck me this is worse than any other withdrawal I’ve been through. Just hit day 4 and RLS has been torture for the last few days. How much loperamide would I need to take to take the edge off? Jumped from way too high due to getting covid and self isolating. Been pretending it’s the covid but can’t make that fly forever.

Perfectly said. I take enough to kill my wds, but I still suffer depression and anxiety for the first couple of days of oxy wd with lope.
The big thing with lope for opiate wd is you must start 48 hours early to knock out wds from opiates. And even then you dont get relief until 3-4 hours after dosing. So I start dosing 100 mg + for two days before running out of oxy and I suffer very little.
So glad I finally see someone who has the same thought process as me! That what I did! I the lope 48 hours before my last dose of H. I took 20 day 1 and 30 day 2 but didn’t feel ANYTHING and was MISERABLE and ending up getting a bag just figured it wasn’t going to work for me. My ? Is…so then since we use up 2 of our days still on our opiate then we can only use loperamide for 5 days MAX with no opiates correct? Or we will suffer withdrawals from the lope right? Which is fine cuz the half life should take us through day 6 and possibly 7 no? Also, I’m thinking maybe I didn’t dose high enough?

So glad I finally see someone who has the same thought process as me! That what I did! I the lope 48 hours before my last dose of H. I took 20 day 1 and 30 day 2 but didn’t feel ANYTHING and was MISERABLE and ending up getting a bag just figured it wasn’t going to work for me. My ? Is…so then since we use up 2 of our days still on our opiate then we can only use loperamide for 5 days MAX with no opiates correct? Or we will suffer withdrawals from the lope right? Which is fine cuz the half life should take us through day 6 and possibly 7 no? Also, I’m thinking maybe I didn’t dose high enough?
If it didn’t work then you probably didn’t dose high enough. Loperamide is a strong, long lasting opiate. It’s easy to measure out exactly how much you’re getting. Measuring a bag of H is going to be a much different story.

As for wd’s.... I always tapered off the lope ASAP. Mainly because I’m still wd’ing off everything else. The real point of lope is to lessen the wd’s, not kill them completely. The only way to do that is to transfer 100% of your habit over to lope. You’re still going to feel crappy, just less crappy.

The thing to be wary of is this: you keep taking more and more loperamide, just trying to feel normal. Finally you feel pretty OK. After a few days you just decide it’s taking longer for you than someone else and you keep at that dose. But just like your H, you start needing more so you take more. After a while the chalky taste becomes normal and you figure out how to deal with the constipation. Next thing you know it’s been 6 months and your little ’H’ problem sounds like a dream compared to the weeks of acute wd’s ahead from lope.

I have done it several times (used loperamide to taper off other opiates). It works, really well. But if you don’t still feel pretty shitty then you’re not doing it right. It’s best used when you can’t get your drug of choice, and only to stop the worst of the physical/acute wd’s.

I definitely recommend doing a little research on just how long the wd’s last from lope. It’s fucking scary. I have done it for two weeks and been OK. BUT that was by cutting back by 1/3 or 1/2 every couple of days until done.

If it didn’t work then you probably didn’t dose high enough. Loperamide is a strong, long lasting opiate. It’s easy to measure out exactly how much you’re getting. Measuring a bag of H is going to be a much different story.

As for wd’s.... I always tapered off the lope ASAP. Mainly because I’m still wd’ing off everything else. The real point of lope is to lessen the wd’s, not kill them completely. The only way to do that is to transfer 100% of your habit over to lope. You’re still going to feel crappy, just less crappy.

The thing to be wary of is this: you keep taking more and more loperamide, just trying to feel normal. Finally you feel pretty OK. After a few days you just decide it’s taking longer for you than someone else and you keep at that dose. But just like your H, you start needing more so you take more. After a while the chalky taste becomes normal and you figure out how to deal with the constipation. Next thing you know it’s been 6 months and your little ’H’ problem sounds like a dream compared to the weeks of acute wd’s ahead from lope.

I have done it several times (used loperamide to taper off other opiates). It works, really well. But if you don’t still feel pretty shitty then you’re not doing it right. It’s best used when you can’t get your drug of choice, and only to stop the worst of the physical/acute wd’s.

I definitely recommend doing a little research on just how long the wd’s last from lope. It’s fucking scary. I have done it for two weeks and been OK. BUT that was by cutting back by 1/3 or 1/2 every couple of days until done.
Ok dang…would u mind showing me why that looks like as far as ur first dose until ur last day? U did it for 2 weeks and didn’t have withdrawals?!! Dang ok…well I was thinking about doing 60mg 1st dose, then 30mg, then 20, then 12 for a couple days and then cut down by 2mg everyday? Or every other day? Also, going to be using the sauna daily so I’m thinking that will help with getting it out of my system so I don’t get withdrawals from it, plus I have niacian and treadmill. Also, when u say should still feel pretty shitty, does that mean like pretty shitty but physically able to take care of say an energetic toddler? Thank u Sweaky u seem to be the most informative with very helpful info! 💕

Ok dang…would u mind showing me why that looks like as far as ur first dose until ur last day? U did it for 2 weeks and didn’t have withdrawals?!! Dang ok…well I was thinking about doing 60mg 1st dose, then 30mg, then 20, then 12 for a couple days and then cut down by 2mg everyday? Or every other day? Also, going to be using the sauna daily so I’m thinking that will help with getting it out of my system so I don’t get withdrawals from it, plus I have niacian and treadmill. Also, when u say should still feel pretty shitty, does that mean like pretty shitty but physically able to take care of say an energetic toddler? Thank u Sweaky u seem to be the most informative with very helpful info! 💕
*what that looks like not why

My personal experience:
All lope is dosed every 6 hours (thats 1/4 daily dose x 4 per day) Coming off of 300 mg per day of oxycodone: first day 100 mg lope with 200 mg oxy. Second day 100 mg oxy with 150 mg lope. Third day 150-200 mg lope, zero oxy . Spend 2-4 days getting settled with the amount of lope that will allow you to function well enough, but not enough to make you feel ‘well’. Remember it takes 4 hours for lope to do it’s magic.

It’s roughly 1/2 to 3/4 mg of lope per mg of oxy to start. I only have my own experience, no education, so I couldn’t guess what your math would look like.

After 2-4 days without oxy, I start cutting my dose of lope by 10-20% every 5-7 days(I might use more if it’s not working well enough). If you feel like you’re dying of COVID then use more. If you feel like going to Disneyland, use less.

After that it’s basically math. It’s a game of percentages. Cut today’s dose by 10%, and that’s tomorrow’s dose. Don’t cut by 10 or 20mg or at the beginning it will go too slow and at the end it will go too fast.

You can use it forever as long as you’re not using more than around 60 mg per day. But don’t allow yourself to fall into that trap. Your goal is freedom, not slavery to a different master.

As for an energetic toddler.... It’s not going to be pleasant. Say that you hurt your back and it’s hard to breathe. It’s keeping you from sleeping because you can’t get comfortable. Most people know a bit about back pain and they will believe you. Put on Netflix and watch it in bed with your kid. If ever it was OK to let a child be babysat by cartoons, throwing out your back is a totally acceptable reason.

And remember that this IS a solution if you let it be. That means it won’t last forever. It has an end. Focus on today until today is better than yesterday. Then focus on tomorrow being better.

Last edited:
One big problem with using loperamide is that it’s easy to get comfortable and stop trying to get off it. It’s readily accessible without a prescription. You have to be determined to get away from it or it’s a really bad idea. And on top of it all, at these high doses it will make your blood feel dirty because of the fillers they put in the pills. 2mg of lope comes with 20mg of garbage.

Somewhere a couple of years ago I posted exactly my lope routine while I was doing it. My last post here was my best memory of it. I’ll try to find it from way back then an copy/paste it here for you.

My personal experience:
All lope is dosed every 6 hours (thats 1/4 daily dose x 4 per day) Coming off of 300 mg per day of oxycodone: first day 100 mg lope with 200 mg oxy. Second day 100 mg oxy with 150 mg lope. Third day 150-200 mg lope, zero oxy . Spend 2-4 days getting settled with the amount of lope that will allow you to function well enough, but not enough to make you feel ‘well’. Remember it takes 4 hours for lope to do it’s magic.

It’s roughly 1/2 to 3/4 mg of lope per mg of oxy to start. I only have my own experience, no education, so I couldn’t guess what your math would look like.

After 2-4 days without oxy, I start cutting my dose of lope by 10-20% every 5-7 days(I might use more if it’s not working well enough). If you feel like you’re dying of COVID then use more. If you feel like going to Disneyland, use less.

After that it’s basically math. It’s a game of percentages. Cut today’s dose by 10%, and that’s tomorrow’s dose. Don’t cut by 10 or 20mg or at the beginning it will go too slow and at the end it will go too fast.

You can use it forever as long as you’re not using more than around 60 mg per day. But don’t allow yourself to fall into that trap. Your goal is freedom, not slavery to a different master.

As for an energetic toddler.... It’s not going to be pleasant. Say that you hurt your back and it’s hard to breathe. It’s keeping you from sleeping because you can’t get comfortable. Most people know a bit about back pain and they will believe you. Put on Netflix and watch it in bed with your kid. If ever it was OK to let a child be babysat by cartoons, throwing out your back is a totally acceptable reason.

And remember that this IS a solution if you let it be. That means it won’t last forever. It has an end. Focus on today until today is better than yesterday. Then focus on tomorrow being better.
Oh man squeaky ur making me feel like I’m definitely a blonde lol 👩🏼 Gosh I’m so bad at math!! Would it be ok if I private message u and maybe would u be willing to kind of like be my temporary sponser or guide I guess u could say? I could really use the help and encouragement…I’m so scared and I want this SOOOOOO badly!!!

One big problem with using loperamide is that it’s easy to get comfortable and stop trying to get off it. It’s readily accessible without a prescription. You have to be determined to get away from it or it’s a really bad idea. And on top of it all, at these high doses it will make your blood feel dirty because of the fillers they put in the pills. 2mg of lope comes with 20mg of garbage.
Yikes!!! Well I am not trying to get comfortable on it that’s for sure!!

Somewhere a couple of years ago I posted exactly my lope routine while I was doing it. My last post here was my best memory of it. I’ll try to find it from way back then an copy/paste it here for you.
Man ur so awesome!! Thank u so much for helping me so much!! You really are a great human! So thank u for that! You also seem like one of the most knowledgeable and considering I know almost nothing about this new wonder drug…I feel so much better knowing that I can take advice from someone who knows a lot about it thru experience 😇🥰🙏🏻

My personal experience:

Man I wish I knew math better…I don’t know why but that kind of confused me

My personal experience:

Also…so u are FOR SURE FOR SURE that u can use lope forever without getting physically addicted to it as long as it below I think u said 40mg?????

Omg what a thread.

So I took 2mg's off from a hydrocodone 167M 10mg tablet.

It is better than eating a bunch of lope tablets from a bottle.

Loperamide will always be there to help me if need be. With the help of jesus as well.

Oh man squeaky ur making me feel like I’m definitely a blonde lol 👩🏼 Gosh I’m so bad at math!! Would it be ok if I private message u and maybe would u be willing to kind of like be my temporary sponser or guide I guess u could say? I could really use the help and encouragement…I’m so scared and I want this SOOOOOO badly!!!
I’m not into pm’s. You are getting some hope because of my experience years ago. My hope is that these posts help as many people as possible. Nice thing about BL is anonymity leads to honesty.

Also…so u are FOR SURE FOR SURE that u can use lope forever without getting physically addicted to it as long as it below I think u said 40mg?????
I didn’t say you can’t get addicted. I said you can use it forever, meaning it won’t kill you. You will get addicted and have wd’s (you can get physically addicted to Tylenol). Your goal is to first transition to something cheap and easy to find. That’s why loperamide works. Also , lope is measured exactly 2mg per pill. Tapering is much easier by the pill or 1/2 of a pill. .

Omg what a thread.

So I took 2mg's off from a hydrocodone 167M 10mg tablet.

It is better than eating a bunch of lope tablets from a bottle.

Loperamide will always be there to help me if need be. With the help of jesus as well.
If you have plenty of Hydrocodone, and lots of self control, you’re best off tapering off Hydrocodone without lope. The same rules/math apply to both. If you are running out of Hydrocodone or determination, then lope might be a good choice.

However..... with a lope taper there is no temptation to take a little extra to feel extra happy. Your brain hasn’t made any connection yet with loperamide and happiness. With your current DOC there will always be that little voice telling you that it’s ‘O.K’, or ‘just this one time’. Lope takes so long to work that it’s hard to get high.

Last edited: