• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Loperamide didn’t work for me

Jbird11

Bluelighter
I don’t know what happened and I’m not sure why you loperamide didn’t work for me. I took 20 mg on Thursday night I took another 30 on Friday and then Saturday 35 which is today and I was feeling almost 80% of my withdraw feelings

What is your opiate habit? Depending on your habit the dosages you mention might not be sufficient

For a sizeable heroin habit you d need 80mg maybe which has worked for me previously (but don't take more than that you might die from heart complications)

What is your opiate habit? Depending on your habit the dosages you mention might not be sufficient

For a sizeable heroin habit you d need 80mg maybe which has worked for me previously (but don't take more than that you might die from heart complications)
Maybe over a gram a day, A gram and a half sometimes for the past 20 years. I go between smoking and Ivy

Maybe over a gram a day, A gram and a half sometimes for the past 20 years. I go between smoking and Ivy
In that case I highly doubt anything less than 60mg will cut it, but might be wrong on this

Also for me it felt like something that could help at the beginning of WD but not when you are 2 to 3 days in, at that point I doubt there s anything to help your misery that much. But I have not tested this either

Unfortunately, the doses required to measurably relieve withdrawal from a heavy habit are also on the dangerous side (80mg sometimes even more).

Most people can handle these doses fine, however if you are among the unlucky few with a congenital heart defect, active heart disease or take a medication that interacts unfavorably, you may have an issue. If you notice severe weakness, shortness of breath, parathesias, spasticity or other alarming symptoms stop immediately.

At a high enough dose loperamide is dangerous to anyone regardless of preexisting conditions or participating/extenuating circumstances

So ur thinking for my habit of a bit over a gram a day 80mg for my first dose would take away the withdrawals? Also, when I do this again about 8 days from now I’m going to do my best to taper down the H and start my loperamide 2 days before I quit using H….minimize my H usage on those 2 days…that way I can build up the loperamide in my system so when I stop using H, I won’t have to wait and go thru w/d while waiting for the loperamide to kick in??? I just cannot afford to not be able to tend to my family duties and responsibilities…. So what would my taper look like? Day 1: still using small amounts of H, before bed dose with 80mg of loperamide
Day 2: still using small amounts of H, take 60mg of loperamide.. Day 3: NO heroin, 80mg of loperamide oh and 600mg of tagamet. Day 4: 40mg of loperamide and 600mg of tagamet
Day 5: Hopefully cut that dose into 20mg of loperamide and 600mg of tagamet Day 6: 10mg of loperamide 400mg of tagamet Day 7: 5mg of loperamide 400mg of tagamet. ???? Does that sound somewhat freezable

In that case I highly doubt anything less than 60mg will cut it, but might be wrong on this

Also for me it felt like something that could help at the beginning of WD but not when you are 2 to 3 days in, at that point I doubt there s anything to help your misery that much. But I have not tested this either
Thank u for ur advice 💕 I’m confused about what u mean as for something that can hel in the beginning? U mean the loperamide can help in the beginning but not 2/3 days in?

Unfortunately, the doses required to measurably relieve withdrawal from a heavy habit are also on the dangerous side (80mg sometimes even more).

Most people can handle these doses fine, however if you are among the unlucky few with a congenital heart defect, active heart disease or take a medication that interacts unfavorably, you may have an issue. If you notice severe weakness, shortness of breath, parathesias, spasticity or other alarming symptoms stop immediately.

At a high enough dose loperamide is dangerous to anyone regardless of preexisting conditions or participating/extenuating circumstances
Well thank the Lord I don’t have any issues with my heart or take any medications. But I do have family I have to take care of and can’t be out of it either, but I heard if people taking doses as high as 80mg and having no w/d symptoms and being able to function quite well so that is really what I keep praying for. I’m a bit worried about the time it takes for loperamide to start taking affect. I’ve heard people say it takes up to a day to “stabilize “ or start feeling the full effects of suppressing w/d so my thoughts were to start my first 80mg dose before I go to bed while still using small amounts of H, day 2 still use a small amount of H , then hopefully by day 3 the loperamide will have been built up in my system to where I cut the H out completely but I don’t know what doses to take day 2 and on ward of the loperamide…does this sound like it could possibly work? And if not could I just use H for one day instead? Like do my last bit of H before I go to bed, take my 80mg of loperamide as well, wake up be done with H and dose again in the morning? And if so, how much? 80mg again?

Thank u for ur advice 💕 I’m confused about what u mean as for something that can hel in the beginning? U mean the loperamide can help in the beginning but not 2/3 days in?
I don't think loperamide can completely stave WD beyond some point, maybe the first day, but later on the WD is too intense and only a cns active opiate can help. But I haven't tested this so maybe I am wrong and it can work for days 2, 3 and later on.

In any case don't expect this to magically cure all your WDs, it will just make them more tolerable

was wondering what was up with you, did you make it thru WD........ actually, ill message you later, better place than here

Well thank the Lord I don’t have any issues with my heart or take any medications. But I do have family I have to take care of and can’t be out of it either, but I heard if people taking doses as high as 80mg and having no w/d symptoms and being able to function quite well so that is really what I keep praying for. I’m a bit worried about the time it takes for loperamide to start taking affect. I’ve heard people say it takes up to a day to “stabilize “ or start feeling the full effects of suppressing w/d so my thoughts were to start my first 80mg dose before I go to bed while still using small amounts of H, day 2 still use a small amount of H , then hopefully by day 3 the loperamide will have been built up in my system to where I cut the H out completely but I don’t know what doses to take day 2 and on ward of the loperamide…does this sound like it could possibly work? And if not could I just use H for one day instead? Like do my last bit of H before I go to bed, take my 80mg of loperamide as well, wake up be done with H and dose again in the morning? And if so, how much? 80mg again?
be careful