• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Loosing the magic with LSD, is it possible?

Sorry to bump an old thread but what about microdosing?

Lately we've been doing a microdose when going out on the weekend. Its working amazing right now, but will it stop working in a couple of years? Acid is my favorite drug, that I highdose one maybe once or twice a year. I dont want once a week microdose to kill it.

PS. For me a microdose on comedown of adderall plus G gives almost an M like roll. It is so good that I am afraid it will be short lived like every other amazing drug/combo lol :)

Yes, it can. I would say that primarily, LSD loses it's magic when you abuse it. More specifically, doing it too often, when tolerance takes a wicked toll on your perceptions/experiences, and when you use it for the wrong reasons. These two things are often related, that is, that using it too much IS abusing it, essentially. I know that I've taken LSD on and off for over 30 years, and there have been times when I had abused it and built up a massive tolerance. The trips got shorter, less visual, less headspace, less spirituality, and generally less exciting. The more you push with LSD, the more it pushes back and denies you. Also, along with what Solipsis said, that having a fresh outlook on things, new experiences, new places or things to do, often brings back some excitement to the experience. All I know is that even now, LSD has lost its magic because I've been doing it too much. Having it on hand is hard for me, because I get tempted and my inner addict gets the best of me. I also know that after I take a month or two off, that I am blown away by what the same acid can do. Doing too much LSD is a waste on many levels, and even the highest quality LSD can seem inferior or "bunk" when you are chasing the LSD dragon that tolerance to the drug is. It's a bitch, but it's also good that tolerance develops so quickly. LSD would be much more dangerous if this weren't true, IMO.

Just like with anything, yes. Over ten year period I had 150+ trips on LSD. It got to the point with me that I got paranoid and started having really bad trips that left lasting impressions on my psyche that I am still trying to understand almost five years later. I abused it imo, did not respect it enough, which is partially why this happened. Also the way I was living was not good, and that certainly affected my overall experience. One day I would like to revisit on a low dose by myself and see how it goes.