• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Looking for advice on paws on day 6 of detox of52f h have had an 8 yr oxy/h habit

Shotzzz

Greenlighter
Hi im new here but would greatly appreciate some advice on how to maintain being sober. Ive delt with this hell on and off subs to oxy to now just herion until last weekend i just had it. The last couple times I have tried these past couple weeks I threw myself into terrible precipitated withdrawal s nd almost went to the hospital because of the vomiting. Couldn't figure out what was going since I have always resorted to sub when i didnt have the means to accuire opiates. Finally realized herion is way worse than oxy and I wasnt withdrawaling long enough when I took the sub.

Well i told my self last weekend I'm done got some kratom 2 subtuexs and just went for it. The first two days were rough but I stopped the subs and since day 3 iv only taken about 10g of red vein a day. So far it hasnt been to bad than god ive delt with the hell and misery of terrible w/ds so many times id built up an anxiety to going thru it.

Ive been just trying to stay positive as this is the longest amount of time I've gone with just kratom and no sub. In the past i stopped opiates for a yr n half but was still on sub and i just want to be done. Im just curious on any suggestions people have on dealing with paws symptoms. Ive tried na multiple times in the past but it just wasn't for me. Im stopping the kratom tomorrow. And have always liked kratom but i dont want to use it for paws and develop a need for it. Looking forward to hearing some of yalls advice Thanks guys

Hi there and congrats for getting over the acute wds.

You should try talking about your addiction to someone and thinking about the reasons for your use and then learning new coping skills for daily life issues.

I would suggest looking for other peer help recovery groups than NA unless you are willing to give it a shot again. I don't care about the steps or ideology of NA but I still find it a great place to talk about the issues you are facing with people who understand what you have been going through.

After I started talking about my problems openly I have find out that my cravings have decreased a lot and for last two days I haven't been thinking about using at all.

Thanks man you know how it goes ive been thru this so many times on/sub in between then back to h but this time idk i just had it nd said fuck it im not doing this shit anymore. This time i inly took sub the first two days and the rest ive just been using some kratom. Ive felt better this time mentally nd physically with the kratom than using subs to detox. My thing is how do you deal with the insomnia and anxiety? You are right tho talking to others about it and being honest does help. I hope you can stick with it man everyday you say no is a win how longs it been for you?

After I started talking about my problems openly I have find out that my cravings have decreased a lot and for last two days I haven't been thinking about using at all.
Hi shotzz and welcome! What mr.root said here, just sharing with someone will help resolve any feelings of wanting to use. Just make sure that they too are in recovery! Id hate to say that telling someone new to the program that you want to get high and them wanting to get high will just open a can of worms.

Most old timers in AA/NA meetings have got scars on their face,where they had gone through traumatic events and have remained sober.

The thing i can say about paws is that it really just means your brain is a bit foggy, just needs time to heal.