• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Longterm Effects of Plugging on your Rectum

lman_15

Bluelighter
Since oxycotin is no longer available and the only thing around is oxyneo I've been looking for substitutes, I recently got a link on hydromorphone (8mg dilaudid), I snort and plug them. I take between 2-4 pills a day, everyday I plug at least one pill. Will plugging hydromorphone everyday for prolong periods of time (lets say 2-4 years) effect your rectum? Will the drugs being absorbed that way/putting drugs up there everyday for long periods of time months or possibly years fuck up your rectum/rectal track?

Vague.

Of course it is possible. Anything is possible. It is soft tissue like insufflation accesses.

Personally, my rectum hurts after about twice in a day. No idea long term. If it hurts, can't be very healthful.

^^^

I agree its a soft tissue and I don't know the answer to your question but to put it bluntly you don't shit out of your nose so I'm assuming it's a but more robust.

But I'm sure one of our more learned friends will provide a more medical answer :D

thanks for the quick replies, any more information would be appreicated

You can be prescribed hydromorphone suppositories. The pages on this medicine via this ROA do not list any extra side effects over oral (http://www.prescription-drugs-infor...Hydromorphone-suppositories-Side-Effects.html). I don't really see what difference it would make to the harm it could cause if the very end of your large bowel absorbed it, as opposed to the small bowel, but then i'm not a doctor. It will almost certainly cause less damage than nasally. Plus, 8 mg per day for 4 years is only like 11.69 grams of active chemical total. The binders and fillers should be pretty much harmless rectally, but to your nose over that period of time they could cause a reasonable amount of damage.

the way i look at it is this: if waste comes out of ur rectum which can contain bacteria, viruses, and just a biohazard period,i dont see any danger in putting drugs into your rectum (unless maybe u stick hard pills up there and it scratches the wall or lining of ur rectum..when i plug i crush and mix with water, and squirt up my ass with ababy syringe

Use a thinnest syringe possible, make sure to lubricate, and always be sterile to prevent infection.

Your rectum/anal canal is lined by stratified squamous cells, meaning it's the thickest and most durable type of epithelium the body produces. It's what your skin is classified as, and I'd say skin is pretty tough...

BUT, if you notice any blood in your stools, pain on defecation, or a feeling of never really emptying your bowels fully after using the bathroom, then I'd immediately stop and consult a physician.

I have been plugging for 12 years. I am a chronic pain patient, started out plugging Oxycodone, then Oxymorphone, Fentanyl, and I have been on Hydromorphone about 8-9 years using 8mg 4 x 24.
Plugging works best for me and my pain management and I have compared with oral and it's not the same for me.

22 February, I had a routine Colonoscopy and my results were negative and Dr said everything is normal. I had my first Colonoscopy in 2005 right before I started plugging and all was normal.

So, no harm done to me by my favorite ROA and I use 3ml either lure lock or slip tip as I buy 200 at a time, whichever is the better deal and I don't have to clean em, just toss out with the rubbish.

I have been plugging for 3 years. I have plugged Tapentadol, MS Contin, subs, oxycodone, and now oxycontin ops. I plug anywhere from 1 to 4 x per daydaily do it daily. I have WAY better pain relief from plugging vs oral. I have defective cpy6d...something or other so morphine (worked best...just never long enough) is off the table now because I hypermetabolize it? So now its ops and I miss Ms Contin! But no issues with my bum?

When you dilute the drug enough, it will be not so harsh on your insides. Opioids pills aren't especially acidic or corrosive, so you should be okay. This ROA is great for harm reduction. The effects are quite good and even if it's not particularly healthy for your rectum, it's much less harmful than iv for example.

It depends on the drug. If the drug has strong irritant properties, perhaps. For instance, the binders in certain pills may be irritating. Though, if the drug being plugged is not an irritant, I would guess that it's not likely to cause any damage to the rectum. As far as I know, simply sticking something up one's arse isn't inherently dangerous or damaging. Though, it can be if one is inserting the syringe too rapidly or doesn't use enough lube.

^^ I agree with that. I also think that the substances that are very unpleasant to insufflate are also painful (and possible tissue-damaging) to use via this ROA. IMO opioids aren't too painful in the nose (I never got any discomfort from H), but amphetamines and research chems burn like hell...