• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Longest lasting opiate

So some of you guys believe oxymorphone (opana) IR is more euphoric than oxycodone/hydromorphone? Hmm, interesting. I'd like to try it regardless

I actually have not had the opportunity to try oxymorphone; I wonder its effects...compared to oxycodone....hydromorphone...etc.

I actually have not had the opportunity to try oxymorphone; I wonder its effects...compared to oxycodone....hydromorphone...etc.

yeah some say it is the strongest oral pain killer yet others disagree, that's what has held me back :\

Really Shaman?! - how long were you off opiates before first dose?

Seriously intense eh? :/

from my personal experience, Suboxone and Pods (ground up and eaten). from what I've heard, Methadone.

People who said methadone and buprenorphine are correct. I also saw someone said morphine, which has a 2-4 hour half-life IIRC.

of the ones i have tried, oxymorphone. i was fucking shocked at how long it lasted. my only things to compare with are hydrocodone, oxy, and codeine. i am not counting tramadol.

Oxymorphone hydrazone is one the longest acting opioid agonists. In tests buprenorphine is superior to this drug but it's a partial agonist at mu receptors. Anyway, for people who have no tolerance buprenorphine at a higher dose than needed can provide a few-day high.

I have been amazed by tramadol for a long time, some how it wards off dopesickness in some strange sense. I often feel hollow in my stomach when I take tram in the morning. I have taken this medication on and off for many years and get the same result every time. I have to say I don't know what it does for pain because I never took them for that reason :( ... so as far as them doing their job I am not sure if they do work better then a true blue LOL..or if they are a better friend then Lorrie Tab ( u all no her correct?) but they keep me from kicking the shit out of my covers a night:)

I agree doner I took a 40 in the fall and I almost fell lol, for real though they wipe you out......

Tramadol lasted me probably a good 12 hours.

I still felt residual effects from heroin the day after I took it. Same with shooting oxy. The high definitely wasn't still going, but there were lingering pleasant effects.

I thought I'd give my response to tramadol since I have just recently been taken off oxycodone and hydromorphone for 3 days and started on tramadol 50mg hcl capsules. I am experiencing hardly any euphoria and no itches at the dose of 300mg. When I have previously taken tramadol, at this dose I would be in a state of bliss and be extremely itchy with insomnia present.

Point being, don't expect much from tramadol after being on stronger opiates e.g oxycodone, even after your tolerance has gone down.

Bupe and methadone have a extremely long half life, but for me... the only opiate i've felt for a long time is a high dose of morphine orally.

Has always done the trick of about 20 hours

200+ mg (When i was a opiate addict of 6 years, kicked it a year ago)

I don't like bupe or methadone they just don't feel good enough

Tramadol also has a long high too

Nexius .... I too have kicked a major fucked up experience, street tar to bup. to 200 mg daily dose methadone clinic ( I stood in line,same time ,day after day) suboxone ...haha I have to laugh or praise my higher power not sure what one at the moment, but to say that I take tramadol now is odd to me. But it is a very strange affect...I don't call it high.... I can not put my mind around it TRAMADOL....:)

I love my tramadol, I don't abuse it all the time though i take breaks, It's good that you're going to NA/AA (I saw the higher power)

I myself did not go to NA/AA I did it for my children

A single dad has to do what he has to do!

But yes, I felt like a whole new man

It took me a long time to get fucked up, Rome was not built in a day, right? Well addict behavior is old habits that are EASIEST to work with..that is all we have used for years so we need to wake up the dormant brain cells, the ones that make the right decisions. A really good psychologist told me that the part of our brain that is supose to be stimulated by natural things such as baby's laugh or a blue sky is in it's dormant stage. Because we dont use it enough through out our mind in active addiction .( I am getting off topic,sorry) Long story short it's hard to break old habbits....Should have just said that to begin with, huh?:)

Opiates numb your emotions, you don't feel anything but what the opiates make you feel emotionally

And anger