• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Longest lasting opiate

BlackOnWhite

Bluelighter
What is in your opinion the longest lasting opiate? Putting the extended release versions aside, such as oxycontin and ms contin etc. And also, what in your opinion is the most intense immediate release opiate you have ever had which produces the strongest high? regardless of its half life and route of administration.

IMO, the longest lasting opiate I have ever taken was tramadol, wiki says it has a half life of 5-7 hours which I do believe is very true, when I use to dose around 200mg + I would have a very long lived high, almost being the same intensity the whole way through until the end, especially the itches! oh my god the itches on tramadol are unreal. It was also the first opiate I found that produced quite a bit of insomnia which is great. I have only ever taken tramadol orally which has a pretty good bioavailability and also is the only opiate which increases in intensity the more you take, regardless of how long you space your dosages out.

The opiate I have found so far to be the most intense IR is oxycodone, versions I have had have been endone and oxynorm. I have snorted these and taken them orally, probably orally gave me the best hit. However, the high is short lived, probably around 1.5 hours max for me.

Oh, and for IV administration, the best hit for that would so far be hydromorphone (dilaudid). Around 8mg, an intense rush but again, short lived high :(

So post your opinions everyone! Peace.

Longest-lasting opiate is pods, specfically if the grounds are eaten.

=DAll day endy story.

fentanyl only lasts like 1-2 hours IME, but Id have to agree lately Ive been doing a lot of tramadol due to scripts and it lasts all night and sometimes when I wake up Im still high, Im starting to really like it.

like the ppatches of fent

Only because it's come in a 72 hour patch, otherwise fentanyl has a very short half-life... I'd say either methadone or morphine have the longest half-liffes, at least from my experience of keeping me not sick when out of pain meds...

Methadone & Bupe. Half-lifes are like 36hrs or so.

Oxy is one of the shortest with 4hrs or so.

LAAM. I'm sure there are synthetic opioids of the open chain class and other families that last longer.

Levo-Alpha-Acetylmethadol, aka Levacetylmethadol, aka ORLAAM, aka LAAM.

Half-life: 60 +/- hours. When it was in use for Opiate Relacement Therapy alongside Methadone, dosing was 3 times a week rather than every day or every other day. Much longer lasting than Methadone or Buprenorphine.

Tramadol, IF you are willing to use it.
I end up buzzing all day long off one dose.

It's tricky - methadone has a HUGE half life but it's not like you're nodding constantly. For me I only really "feel" the meth for 2-3 hours, at best. Then again, I can't think of an opiate that I've done that outlasts it.

Does buprenorphine and methadone bring a high close to oxycodone or anything similar? Which one would you choose over each other?

Does buprenorphine and methadone bring a high close to oxycodone or anything similar? Which one would you choose over each other?

Lol holy offtopic.

But to answer your question, well I've never done bupe but I'm on methadone - It DOES give you a buzz similar to oxycodone, but it's lacking a certain quality that makes it seem nowhere near as good. It's definitely an opiate high, but it's not as euphoric or enjoyable.

When you get on methadone maintenance (daily doses), you get used to it very quickly and the high disappears.

fair enough, i remember i was on buprenorphine once for vicodin HP withdrawals that I got off a friend from the states, i live in australia and it isn't even prescribed here. i was in a psych ward and was basically in a coma for 2 days while on the patch, dont remember a goddamn thing apart from occassionally vomiting and then the ambulance ride to the nearest ED. apparently i was on too strong of a dose to handle or some shit. fucking psychiatrists.

anyway back on topic, anything stronger IR than oxycodone or hydromorphone? i'm on both and i want a stronger hit (and heroin isn't an option atm)

Oxymorphone (OpanaIR) is stronger than oxycodone and hydromorphone.

Longest half life. Methadone, Buprenorphine, and
of course Pods. Laam is no longer produced and
outlawed due to a health issue it was causing.

Bup < Oxy

Lol holy offtopic.

But to answer your question, well I've never done bupe but I'm on methadone - It DOES give you a buzz similar to oxycodone, but it's lacking a certain quality that makes it seem nowhere near as good. It's definitely an opiate high, but it's not as euphoric or enjoyable.

When you get on methadone maintenance (daily doses), you get used to it very quickly and the high disappears.

I have never taken methadone but I have tried bupe. IME bupe also 'lacks a certain quality' that has mostly caused me dysphoria. The shit has made me ill nearly every time I've consumed it (3 times, I think).

Opium/H
Morphine/Hydro-/Oxy-morphone
Codeine/Hydro-/Oxy-codone
Pethidine
Fentanyl

____^_____

Those are much more euphoric than the partial agonist/antagonist opioids I have tried (I haven't tried oxymorphone).

What is in your opinion the longest lasting opiate?

Bupe has lasted the longest for me IME. I've taken it midday, slept that night, woken up the next morning and it was still metabolizing--nearly nodded off in class.

Last edited:
So some of you guys believe oxymorphone (opana) IR is more euphoric than oxycodone/hydromorphone? Hmm, interesting. I'd like to try it regardless

My experience with my first dose of bupe was that it lasted and lasted! Took it at 3pm-ish - but it wasn't until 2hours later the full effect kicked in and I was feeling it all through the night! (and fighting off nausea :s ) I had to take the next day off work because I was still out. Mind you - I'd been off opiates 4 days before my first dose of bupe - so maybe it hit me harder than most?

Longest-lasting opiate is pods, specfically if the grounds are eaten.

=DAll day endy story.

Yep. Opium and pods with full spectrum alkaloids are by far the longest lasting. I dont believe we have yet made a synthetic that is longer lasting than natural oral opium.

isnt it methadone? or fent ?

Yeah, totally. Fent lasts all hour and then some, maybe.

My experience with my first dose of bupe was that it lasted and lasted! Took it at 3pm-ish - but it wasn't until 2hours later the full effect kicked in and I was feeling it all through the night! (and fighting off nausea :s ) I had to take the next day off work because I was still out. Mind you - I'd been off opiates 4 days before my first dose of bupe - so maybe it hit me harder than most?

same happened for me the past two times I've taken it. The nausea and sweats were not pleasant. (I had not tolerance/dependence to opioids at the time of consumption)

Last edited: