• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Longest lasting opiate

Nexius, by anger do you mean 'opiate rage'? I got that a few times with hydromorphone when I IV'd around 16mg. Had extremely strange and disturbing dreams about tormenting children with downe syndrome etc, woke up and felt so snappy and angry at the world. Couldn't even look at anyone :(

I'm now curious about this Levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, never having even heard of it, or at least I forgot it. Here is an approx list
desoxymorphine (desomorph, krokodil)- 90 minutes
fentanyl (proper, not including its isomers et al)- 2-3 hours (duragesic patch uses a slow release of the drug over an approx 72 hours
Hydromorphinone(dilaudid)- 3-5 hours
oxycontin, morphine, codeine, most opiates (natural or semisynthetic, including heroin)- 4-6 hours
hydrocodone- 4-7 hours (experience related, I had one long high one day)
methadone- 24-36 hours
buprenorphine (subutex)36-48 hours (note that suboxone has narcan in it, I don't know what that does to half life of bupe)
etorphine and its isomers- ??? I'm guessing long as buprenorphine is made from it.
i hope this helps,?? Q

iirc LAAM used to last like 2 -3 days
but it was discontinued - some sort of heart arrhythmia issue?

of the ones i have tried, oxymorphone. i was fucking shocked at how long it lasted. my only things to compare with are hydrocodone, oxy, and codeine. i am not counting tramadol.
I concur on the oxymorphone. I have script for two 40mgs pills a day. I like to snort a half of one every 6 to 8 hours. So i'd say they last a pretty long time. I also like how I feel on them.

Buprenorphine is designed specifically to NOT produce any euphoria (high). I used it to get off of Dilaudid and can tell you that there is no high whatsoever.

Cheers

Buprenorphine is designed specifically to NOT produce any euphoria (high). I used it to get off of Dilaudid and can tell you that there is no high whatsoever.

Cheers

Sorry Yankee, but this really isn't true. Buprenorphine wasn't "designed" as it were to not produce any Euphoria. As a matter of fact, it does produce euphoria in a big way, especially in those who are fairly naive to the effects of Opioid agonists. It's partially true that when Buprenorphine was in development, the development team was searching for an Opioid agonist a la Morphine that might preserve most of the benefits, with few of the side-effects (sound familiar?). So, while you can make the argument that Buprenorphine is less prone to addiction than say, Morphine, it is still a powerful Euphoriant.

I'm now curious about this Levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, never having even heard of it, or at least I forgot it. Here is an approx list
desoxymorphine (desomorph, krokodil)- 90 minutes
fentanyl (proper, not including its isomers et al)- 2-3 hours (duragesic patch uses a slow release of the drug over an approx 72 hours
Hydromorphinone(dilaudid)- 3-5 hours
oxycontin, morphine, codeine, most opiates (natural or semisynthetic, including heroin)- 4-6 hours
hydrocodone- 4-7 hours (experience related, I had one long high one day)
methadone- 24-36 hours
buprenorphine (subutex)36-48 hours (note that suboxone has narcan in it, I don't know what that does to half life of bupe)
etorphine and its isomers- ??? I'm guessing long as buprenorphine is made from it.
i hope this helps, Q

Your list that groups together oxycotin, morphine, codeine is very incorrect. Oxycotin is just a time released version of oxycodone (aka percocet). Oxycotin can have whatever half-life it wants. It all depends on what the time release is set too. Oxycodone on the other hand has about the same half-life as hydrocodone (aka vicoden).

Synthetic opiates last LONGER than natural ones (like Morphine and Heroin). Heroin IS morphine, it's just concentrated morphine (about twice the strength per volume). Similar to the relationship between beer and liquor. They are still both alcohol, just one delivers more alcohol in a smaller package.

Methadone has a longer half-life then Buprenorphine. Buprenorphine is 24-60 hours. Methadone is 8-59 hours. Even though the number in hours seem the same the reason Methadone lasts longer is because it does not have a ceiling effect. You can keep taking higher and higher doses of Methadone each day and stacking the amount leftover in your blood stream (ie 10mg of methadone today means 5mg is left in your system tomorrow. Take 10mg the next day and you now have 15 mg in your system: 5mg left from day 1 plus the 10mg from day 2). Buprenorphine on the other hand will hit a certain dose in the body that no matter how much more you take it will stop producing an effect. That is why it is much harder to abuse Buprenorphine. Additionally Methadone is FULL agonist while Buprenorphine is a PARTIAL agonist. Meaning that Methadone is essentially a stronger and longer lasting version of Heroin. Think of it as time-released, concentrated Heroin. Buprenorphine on the other hand is a partial agonist meaning it will still give similar energy and pain relief as an opiate but less euphoria and relaxation (while blocking out other opiates) making it less tempting to abuse.

The Naloxone (not Narcan) in Suboxone does absolutely nothing unless the Suboxone is injected. Naloxone can not be absorbed sublingually (under the tongue) OR if swallowed. The Naloxone is only activated and absorbed if injected into a vein. That is why it is included, in order to prevent people from trying to abuse Suboxone by injecting it.