• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Longest acting benzo

True words. Getting off valium, xanax and etizolam was the most difficult thing I have ever, ever done. I very nearly killed myself it hurt so much. The physical effects are easily as bad as a hefty opiate withdrawal. But the mental effects cannot be described. To paraphrase HST, 'nothing could explain the terror I felt'. That terror lasted a good three years, on and off. For the record, I had a big benzo habit, 100mg+ valium a day was usual just to stay perky.

These drugs are Satan incarnate.
Three years of PAWS is a really long time. How long were you on the benzos for? I can't imagine suffering that long without going back on them.

Three years of PAWS is a really long time. How long were you on the benzos for? I can't imagine suffering that long without going back on them.
It's not quite as simple as I took benzos for a few years then detoxed neatly. Although it did take a good couple of years of hammering whatever benzo I could source daily to work up that tolerance.

The problem was I'd get off them, go through hell for months on end, give in and go back on them for a bit, taper, quit, rinse, repeat. So yeah, I racked up many years withdrawal before I got off them for good.

Longest acting for me was always nitrazepam. One of my all time favourites for both "relaxing" and "medical" use. Be careful it's very strong.

It's got a cool name aswell. Probably a good thing I didn't discover nitrazepam back in my pill popping days..

^I have heard nitrazepam is a real good benzo! I would love to try it one day but I don't believe it is available here in the US? not entirely sure on that.. but I have read it is one of the nicest benzos and have always been curious to try it one day. Have you tried diazepam and/or clonazepam before? If so how would you compare those to nitrazepam?

Unless you want to try RC Benzodiazepines Experience would be Flurazepam.

Nitrazepam is nice, I very much like(d) it, but it is IMO mainly good as a (skeletal) muscle relaxant. Going to bed on it is not the best as hypnotic, but definitely good/fine, but where it shines is that deep relaxation that makes it ultra comfortable to be lying in bed. But I am not really for using benzos for shits and giggles with frequency.

Munda, I hear ya: I had PAWS for about a year and a half and that was after quitting successfully after a 1-2 year habit with therapeutic self-medication. I might have sometimes been taking a little extra, but I definitely didn't indulge either but instead tried to stay on the low end even if it wasn't as comfy.

Phenazepam and 3-MeO-PCP are examples of drugs that can be fine at doses that are well within the normal range but are utterly unforgiving if you can't help yourself and take too much. With something like K, I cannot help myself, but with phenazepam and 3-MeO-PCP, I simply never had any intention of taking it somewhere that I know similar drugs can take me. You cannot hope to get something out of it like that because it will mean you will push it and take too much. IMO that's the whole problem.
But I guess it's not easy to know your habits so well that you can be confident that you won't try to abuse it - people can be weird like that.

Yeah phenazepam is subtle but IME not so subtle that you won't notice it at all. At 1 mg it works as subtle but still effective anxiolytic for me, but without all the bells and whistles. If you measure the effects by the bells and whistles rather than whether your anxiety is lowered decently, then you might take more until you are at the same level of 'bells and whistles' and that would be the huge mistake.

With 3-MeO-PCP it's similar: it is just not as anaesthetic as other dissociatives so you shouldn't measure the intensity by it.

What they have in common is that they will still produce amnesia (albeit manifested differently) if you dose higher.

I don't know how many people can just take 1 mg phenazepam and take it or leave it (accept that it is what it is at that dose and either decide to take it again at some completely different moment, or decide that they are missing the other effects and never take it again). Trying to see if you can't still force it to be more is the foolishness. IMO that is actually very common to happen with several categories of drugs and not rarely leads to problems. It might look like an option, but it pretty much isn't.

So yeah the warning (that I already included with phenazepam too by the way) is definitely in place. It's not safe if you can't stick to the rules. But it is an answer to the question which are the longest acting benzos.

Very diplomatic! :) Agreed, phenazepam is very, very long lasting, so it should be included on those terms. I just hate the stuff. I never noticed any bells and whistles at all, at any dose. The one thing it would do is perform its mysterious magic on me in a way I cannot describe. The problem for me was that I had it in solution, and I just completely lost the plot with dosing. It never made me drowsy, as far as I was concerned I was absolutely fine. Except I wasn't. I've never taken a substance before or since that completely changed my character without my knowing it (until it was too late).

Weird stuff, that phenazepam. Not fun or recreational in any way, at any size. Practically a drug type unto itself.

Chlordiazepoxide is also a long acting benzo. the longEST acting that i could find would be Diclazepam

Agreed on Nitra

Longest acting for me was always nitrazepam. One of my all time favourites for both "relaxing" and "medical" use. Be careful it's very strong.

^ This is exactly what I was going to say. No benzo has ever gotten me such an over satisfactory joy. If you get the chance and follow his advice. Nitrazepam (brand name Mogadon) is the THE best for getting lifted. He;s not kidding around though when he says to be carful, it's strong". Stronger than u probably think. :X:X:X

Temazepam has more oomph than that and flunitrazepam hits like a ton of bricks, not many are stronger than those IMO, that I know...

But I highly recommend not using benzos recreationally. Considering tolerance and addiction from non-recreational self-medication and the fact that I wouldn't say benzos really give you a high compared to the many other drugs out there, it's extremely not worth just having 'fun'.
Then again, I will concede that if it's just having a random bit of fun for you I can't personally imagine getting addicted for that reason. That would be a true shame but to each their own....