• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Longest acting benzo

royerlraph79

Bluelighter
Hi, I would like to know what's the longest acting benzo since I'm pretty freaking anxious (I'm currently on Klonopin) and by longest acting I don't mean how long it stays in the blood or how long it is being metabolized, really the time I can feel its effects. Thanks!

Hi Ralph, I don't think the moderators in here are too happy about recommendation of specific drugs, even when the parameters of what you are looking for are so well described. There are numerous benzodiazepine equivalency tables available both on Bluelight and online that compare all benzodiazepine derivatives currently used in world medicine, including their equipotency to 5 or 10 mg of diazepam, and the half lives for each parent drug and it's active metabolites. There are also benzodiazepines that we now class in the UK as Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS) - the group of drugs formally classed as 'Research Chemicals' which are now illegal to supply, import or export domestically

However, many of these 'RC' benzodiazepines are still available in many other areas of the world, and include among them possibly the most long acting benzo derivatives to be ever be used by humans.

If you were to have a look at some of those compounds, you can then frame your question around, as an example, 'are a-pam, b-pam and c-pam among the most long acting benzos and which would be the most suitable for x,y and z?' rather than simply asking, 'what drug should I take', a question that is rarely entertained if at all on this website.

Also, once you have found some compounds you may be interested in, you will also probably find that most of them already have a 'Megathread' devoted to them which are generally among the most comprehensive discussions on the web about specific drugs and should answer most of your questions, for instance, here is the link for the 'Flubromazepam' (an 'RC' benzodiazepine derivative that was discovered by Roche in the 1960's but was never developed into a medicine) 'megathread', which discusses the drug over 26 pages of posts http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/654337-Flubromazepam

I would also advise that you have another read of the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) that can be found here:

http://http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

Please don't take ths post as condescending or critical, I just wanted to point you towards why there's a 50% chance this thread may be closed and I didn't want you to leave completely empty handed

Last edited:
dalmane?

I still think clonazepam is your best bet for anxiety.

Great post steewith2ees !
I'll keep this thread open for a few more replies, but imo clonazepam is pretty long acting.
Look into flubromazepam, clonazolam and phenazepam

Hi Ralph, I don't think the moderators in here are too happy about recommendation of specific drugs, even when the parameters of what you are looking for are so well described. There are numerous benzodiazepine equivalency tables available both on Bluelight and online that compare all benzodiazepine derivatives currently used in world medicine, including their equipotency to 5 or 10 mg of diazepam, and the half lives for each parent drug and it's active metabolites. There are also benzodiazepines that we now class in the UK as Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS) - the group of drugs formally classed as 'Research Chemicals' which are now illegal to supply, import or export domestically

However, many of these 'RC' benzodiazepines are still available in many other areas of the world, and include among them possibly the most long acting benzo derivatives to be ever be used by humans.

If you were to have a look at some of those compounds, you can then frame your question around, as an example, 'are a-pam, b-pam and c-pam among the most long acting benzos and which would be the most suitable for x,y and z?' rather than simply asking, 'what drug should I take', a question that is rarely entertained if at all on this website.

Also, once you have found some compounds you may be interested in, you will also probably find that most of them already have a 'Megathread' devoted to them which are generally among the most comprehensive discussions on the web about specific drugs and should answer most of your questions, for instance, here is the link for the 'Flubromazepam' (an 'RC' benzodiazepine derivative that was discovered by Roche in the 1960's but was never developed into a medicine) 'megathread', which discusses the drug over 26 pages of posts http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/654337-Flubromazepam

I would also advise that you have another read of the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) that can be found here:

http://http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

Please don't take ths post as condescending or critical, I just wanted to point you towards why there's a 50% chance this thread may be closed and I didn't want you to leave completely empty handed
Thanks! So Fubrolazepam and Diazepam are also long lasting benzos?

Thanks! So Fubrolazepam and Diazepam are also long lasting benzos?

Funny thing about diazepam is that even though the half life is like 100 hours the duration of action can be really short for some people, like only an hour or so

Diazepam doesn't actually last long. It has a long half life meaning it stays in your blood but it doesn't mean you will still be feeling it's effects.

I recommend Phenibut. It is not a benzo but quite similar as a Gaba-B agonist, it is legal so no need for prescription and it last 24+ hours ime. It's like the freaking methadone of benzos.

Diazepam doesn't actually last long. It has a long half life meaning it stays in your blood but it doesn't mean you will still be feeling it's effects.

I recommend Phenibut. It is not a benzo but quite similar as a Gaba-B agonist, it is legal so no need for prescription and it last 24+ hours ime. It's like the freaking methadone of benzos.

Originally thought to act as a selective GABAB receptor agonist, phenibut has since been found to act preferentially as a blocker of α2δ subunit-containing voltage-gated calcium channels, similarly to gabapentin and pregabalin.
Wikipedia

The binding affinity of R-phenibut for the α2–δ subunit of the VDCC is 5 times higher than that for GABAB receptor.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S009130571530037X

I've tried quite a number of benzos, but phenazepam was pretty rare in that it lasted for about 3 days and actually did work for nearly that whole time if you have diazepam-concerns. Also not that bad 'selectivity' for anxiolysis. Can also be quite amnestic and must be handled / taken with utmost care - you cannot really redose while it acts because strength stacks and if you get into amnesia / blackout territory it is very possible that you will be so oblivious that you will just keep taking even more and more.

Phenazepam is not at all recreational for me, it is the most boring zombie like feeling of nearly all benzos but for medicinal use that is actually fine. As long as you don't take more to 'make it actually nice or pleasant', which is why I mention it.

I am not sure about its availability nowadays (not that this forum is for that anyway), although a hydroxy analogue of it has been spotted not that long ago.

I don't recommend flubromazepam (too heavy / sedating for me, not a stable long lasting effect that has any advantage of clonazepam, ime), and especially not flubromazolam.

Phenibut is not bad, but no it acts pretty differently (more like pregabaline / gabapentin), it also doesn't last for days. You cannot simply switch to it if you are dependent on clonazepam.

I've tried quite a number of benzos, but phenazepam was pretty rare in that it lasted for about 3 days and actually did work for nearly that whole time if you have diazepam-concerns. Also not that bad 'selectivity' for anxiolysis. Can also be quite amnestic and must be handled / taken with utmost care - you cannot really redose while it acts because strength stacks and if you get into amnesia / blackout territory it is very possible that you will be so oblivious that you will just keep taking even more and more.

Phenazepam is not at all recreational for me, it is the most boring zombie like feeling of nearly all benzos but for medicinal use that is actually fine. As long as you don't take more to 'make it actually nice or pleasant', which is why I mention it.

I am not sure about its availability nowadays (not that this forum is for that anyway), although a hydroxy analogue of it has been spotted not that long ago.

I don't recommend flubromazepam (too heavy / sedating for me, not a stable long lasting effect that has any advantage of clonazepam, ime), and especially not flubromazolam.

Phenibut is not bad, but no it acts pretty differently (more like pregabaline / gabapentin), it also doesn't last for days. You cannot simply switch to it if you are dependent on clonazepam.
So Phenibut/lyrica/Neurontin vs benzos don't have cross tolerance? I am not dependant on either so if that's true, freaking awesome for me. I can alternate and say use benzos to get my Phenibut tolerance down? And vice versa?

Gapapentinoids like phenibut and in particular gabapentin and pregabalin can help making tapering various sedatives easier, I've had success with quitting GHB using gabapentin.

There isn't really cross-tolerance as such, but anxiolytic effects although mediated in different ways, still substitute somewhat... I was missing my anxiolytics quite a bit after having to quit benzos and being able to go on pregabalin was great for me for a while. I was already off the benzos for somewhere between 1-2 years though so i my case there wasn't really any alternating and taper-substituting. That benzos and phenibut can help dependency of one another sounds about right but my personal experience does not exactly cover it.

Be really careful though, if you think phenibut is a bitch to be dependent on, try benzos (or rather don't)... that's much more serious shit. So be aware of what you'd be getting into, relying on benzo's is no bueno so I would really avoid benzos except maybe for the really difficult days.

Great post steewith2ees !
I'll keep this thread open for a few more replies, but imo clonazepam is pretty long acting.
Look into flubromazepam, clonazolam and phenazepam
Dang, don't go recommending phenazepam to people please! Crazy muck that it is. It's extremely subtle in effect and extremely long lasting. Before you know it you've overdosed hugely because you didn't know it was working.. Next thing you know you wake up in a police cell have morphed into a completely different person without even realising it. It happened to me and if you read the interwebs you'll see it happened to plenty of otherwise good people. Fuck phenazepam.

Benzo withdrawl is some serious shit! I mean its really bad, it is both mentally and physically the most awful WD I have ever had to go through, hands down the most awful. As far as long acting benzos my favorite personally was valium(diazepam), like others said it can be shorter acting for some but I was on klonopin for nearly 2 years before I went on it, and the klonopin became less and less effective for me over those 2 years, as opposed to when I first got on klonopin. The switch to valium was very nice IME and I honestly liked the feeling I got from valium better than klonopin and it stayed working for me the whole time I took it, for the whole day.. but I was on 30-40 mgs a day, a rather high dose to take daily for a lot of people, but it was perfect for me after switching from 4mg of klonopin a day. I like klonopin too though and I am now back on that instead of valium, again.. would have stayed with the valium if it were up to me, but my current doc hates it and prefers to prescribe klonopin for some reason.. They say that 10mg of valium is equal to 0.5 mg of klonopin... how? I found it much stronger than it is supposed to be.. more like 10mg of valium is equal to 1mg of klonopin at the very least, in my case, I don't care what the benzo equivilancy chart says. That is just me though, I had some friends who hated valium and took like over 50-60mg and said they would have felt way better off of 2mg of klonopin.

True words. Getting off valium, xanax and etizolam was the most difficult thing I have ever, ever done. I very nearly killed myself it hurt so much. The physical effects are easily as bad as a hefty opiate withdrawal. But the mental effects cannot be described. To paraphrase HST, 'nothing could explain the terror I felt'. That terror lasted a good three years, on and off. For the record, I had a big benzo habit, 100mg+ valium a day was usual just to stay perky.

These drugs are Satan incarnate.

Benzos are hell and anyone who has learned that is probably in too deep for they always seemed so innocent at first. I'm on 120 1mg xanax a month. 4 mg daily.and 30 mg temazepam every night. When it comes to anxiolytic benzos I'd say you're solid with the clonazepam and diazepam has always been a favorite of mine too when it comes to long lasting benzos. the longest lasting hypnotic benzos for me are dalmane and estazolam (prosom).