L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Social Long Distance Internet Relationships

nznity

Bluelighter
I'm curious, does anyone have any SUCCESSFUL relationships with someone u met over the internet?
I know it's very hard to be distanced from someone u grow a fond love, it's even harder when it's someone u met online.
I wanted to see if anyone's got any cool internet lofff stories. If u do, I'd gladly be thankful if u could share em Plz.

I've never actively pursed it, but I can see it happening. So long as you know each other well enough and are sure that you're not being "catfished", then yeah... totally.

I'm curious, does anyone have any SUCCESSFUL relationships with someone u met over the internet?
I know it's very hard to be distanced from someone u grow a fond love, it's even harder when it's someone u met online.
I wanted to see if anyone's got any cool internet lofff stories. If u do, I'd gladly be thankful if u could share em Plz.
I met my current partner online. On this site, in fact 😉 and it’s been approximately 7.5 years since he PMed me on here, we met almost immediately afterwards. I remember I looked at him and went “I would love to get into this guy’s pants” and expressed interest in him, which amazingly enough was reciprocated. Since it has been long distance for part of the year up until now, it’s not been without challenges. But in the fall we’ll move in together and hopefully that’ll be it, I’ll never have to deal with dating ever again! :)

So yeah, it absolutely can and does happen!

I met a girl on here back in maybe 2005? 2006?

She was from Australia 🇦🇺 😭. I'm on the other side of the world. The most extreme long distance relationship possible.

We had a long distance relationship for a few years. Maybe 3? I went out there twice and stayed/lived with her, for two extended periods. Slightly beyond the maximum time before getting in trouble with immigration. I drove there and everything, in fact i drove her to work every morning. Had to figure out to shift a manual transmission car with my left hand, on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road 🤣. It was cool. I enjoyed Australia.

Granted i was zonked out of mind on narcotics and benzos the entire time. Sort of a minor miracle everything went fine. Eventually after returning home i kicked benzos rapidly and went into a deep benzo withdrawal psychosis, and don't really remember much of what happened but i went dark on her. And dark on bluelight. Just sort of disappeared. I caught up with her years later and still am friends with her. We still talk to this day.

I met a girl on here back in maybe 2005? 2006?

She was from Australia 🇦🇺 😭. I'm on the other side of the world. The most extreme long distance relationship possible.

We had a long distance relationship for a few years. Maybe 3? I went out there twice and stayed/lived with her, for two extended periods. Slightly beyond the maximum time before getting in trouble with immigration. I drove there and everything, in fact i drove her to work every morning. Had to figure out to shift a manual transmission car with my left hand, on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road 🤣. It was cool. I enjoyed Australia.

Granted i was zonked out of mind on narcotics and benzos the entire time. Sort of a minor miracle everything went fine. Eventually after returning home i kicked benzos rapidly and went into a deep benzo withdrawal psychosis, and don't really remember much of what happened but i went dark on her. And dark on bluelight. Just sort of disappeared. I caught up with her years later and still am friends with her. We still talk to this day.
Dammnnnn, NG. That was one of the kind of stories I wanted to hear. Damn hahs, that's a good one for the books for sure. 😋🤣

I met my current partner online. On this site, in fact 😉 and it’s been approximately 7.5 years since he PMed me on here, we met almost immediately afterwards. I remember I looked at him and went “I would love to get into this guy’s pants” and expressed interest in him, which amazingly enough was reciprocated. Since it has been long distance for part of the year up until now, it’s not been without challenges. But in the fall we’ll move in together and hopefully that’ll be it, I’ll never have to deal with dating ever again! :)

So yeah, it absolutely can and does happen!
Wowow,
@xtcgrrrl
That sounds lovely. I'm happy for you that it turned out well sister. 7.5 years is a LOT, requires a vast amount of patience, trust and COMMITMENT over anything. 👌
Must be cool that both of u "psychonauts", I'm curious do you guys partake in using drugs like MDMA, LSD or shrooms together? Idk, as ur partner being a druqqqs user too. U don't have to go through the burden of having to hide ur use with him/or maybe u don't guys use many drugs anymore? Idk, I just wanna know how is that aspect because in the past I've fucked up 2 relationships with 2 other girls but I was both young, immsture and had a needle in my arm all the time.
Thanks @negrogesic @xtcgrrrl for sharing yerrrrr stories :3

I've never actively pursed it, but I can see it happening. So long as you know each other well enough and are sure that you're not being "catfished", then yeah... totally.
Oh fuck no bro, one of the first rules for Me is sending audios and maybe even videocall if I talk to someone online. That used to be wayyyyyyy back then xD now it's very uncommon not to send a selfie/audio in real time.

Well I started chatting with a guy on a Star Trek fansite back in 2013, a year later we were an item, another year later I travelled to see him in person for the first time, and now he's my fiancé.

As a gay person, online was often one of the only ways to meet people. So yes, most people I dated I met online, going back to the 90s.

It makes less sense if you're str8, in my opinion, as you have so many IRL options. And IRL meeting would always be my preference.

Must be cool that both of u "psychonauts", I'm curious do you guys partake in using drugs like MDMA, LSD or shrooms together? Idk, as ur partner being a druqqqs user too. U don't have to go through the burden of having to hide ur use with him/or maybe u don't guys use many drugs anymore?
At the time that he and I met, we were both heavily into hard drugs. We spent a lot of our meetups acquiring said drugs, doing some together, and having sex and discussing everything under the sun. I really liked his intelligence. But we each separately kind of gradually healed from the pain and trauma that caused us to want to be high all the time, which I think was good because we weren’t getting “clean” FOR each other, it was our own personal choice. These days we still use drugs, separately and together, but mostly only psychedelics. And I believe that the use of psychedelics TOGETHER has also been something that has made us even closer, like for example we took mushrooms together recently and had this amazing, soul-bonding trip. I felt like I saw who he was and he saw me and we recognized each other at a core level. And it’s made our love more intense than before. But yeah, the fact that neither of us has to hide that part of ourselves and our lives (the drug use) and we don’t judge each other for it is a big part of why this relationship has withstood the test of time. I’m not going to ever lie or fake anything about myself for another person ever again, that’s just distasteful to me.

I met my boyfriend, online, actually on bluelight's discord almost year or so ago. He sent me a few private messages initially started with small talk flirting, and then later on blossomed into us just falling in love with each other.

Due to the long distance there had been some struggles, but we ended up working through that. Today we now have active plans for him to come on over, and spend some time together at a local resort here :) With the possibility of moving in with him in his state soon in the future! So things are going well!! And it's going in the right direction. He's been probably the best relationship I've been in, compared to even IRL relationships I've been in.

My best friend met their husband in similar fashion as well, so online dating is %100 possible with enough love and dedication for one and the other <3

Online long distance dating tends to get a bad wrap, though it's certainly possible to lead to extremely good out comes, it's just too easy to meet the wrong people.

Last edited:
being LGBT+autistic+schizo and being online since 5 years old and living in a town of 800 made me start dating online lmao. ive never had a irl relationship , just online forever.

met my boyfriend in a discord group chat for my autistic special interest in 2019, we started dating a week after talking one on one and been together for 3.5 years now, 4 on nov 15 2023. we have met up 8 times now (9 tmrw!!!) hes from AZ and im from northern new england. we r planning to move in together (i move from NH to AZ) in 2024 or 2025.

i dated 20+ people when i was 12-17 on discord, skype etc from tumblr and twitter and such and all relationships flopped and lasted 1-3 months. my longest relationship before him was 8 months.

i only met up w one other person before him and all we did was kiss and hold hands for like 2 hours at a convention. with him, we vc and sleep together in call, and such. we have had 48 hour long voice calls before!!

im his first ever partner (and only) and hes currently 24 and im 21. we took each others virginity (!!! i almost got my V-card taken when i was 14 by someone who ended up being a complete WHACKJOB and everyday i thank whatever higher power is out there i saved it for my boyfriend)

for reference im an FTM trans guy, gay (exclusively into men) and hes a bisexual cisgender man. hes completely accepting of my gender identity and its fluctuations throughout our relationship, and always been compassionate :) has never seen me as a woman etc. uses the right pronouns always refers to me as his boyfriend no matter how im presenting (i like to dress masc fem and androgynous depending on day) and was accepting of when iused to be on testosterone and loved the effects (except i had to go off of it for mental health reasons... hoping to go back on it).i introduced him to weed and now hes a massive stoner thanks to me xD

online dating definitely gets a bad rep, but after Years of failed LDRs i found my literal soulmate and shit. hes perfect in every way!! but if smth happened to our relationship i am definitely done with LDR, as i have BPD and the months without seeing each other feel so lonely and horrible. i know its temporary with him, but i cant confirm itll be the same if i ever have another LDR, so im hoping this one lasts . we have plans to get married and shit also. hes been with me throughout my rehab visit in 2020 for dxm addiction, all my suicidal episodes back when i was on meds making me horrible for 10 years, and such. hes the best person ive ever met hands down, even if hes neurotypical and cisgender (something i used to Not Like in people due to how they oppressed me in the past).

sorry for rambling i just really love my bf and im on adderall HAHA

Last edited:
when iused to be on testosterone and loved the effects (except i had to go off of it for mental health reasons... hoping to go back on it)

Can you elaborate on this a little? You noticed some negative psychiatric side-effects?

No real reason for asking, I'm just always curious about the psychological effects of hormones in general (particularly with regard to those taking hormones opposite to their birth sex). Years ago i took some birth control pills for a few days just to see in what way it would alter my mental status. More than anything it made me feel sick haha 🤣

Can you elaborate on this a little? You noticed some negative psychiatric side-effects?

No real reason for asking, I'm just always curious about the psychological effects of hormones in general (particularly with regard to those taking hormones opposite to their birth sex). Years ago i took some birth control pills for a few days just to see in what way it would alter my mental status. More than anything it made me feel sick haha 🤣
yeaa i was on SSRIs at the time that wrecked me (prozac for 10 years then wellbutrin) and made me suicidal like daily. the testosterone made me angrier (i was on low dose patches then the gel form)(have bad anger issues as is so) but i got off the antidepressants and am only on abilify and adderall xr as needed for work + supplements such as NAC and vitamin D daily and maca/yohimbe for sex and i havent been this mentally stable or happy in 10+ years literally . im planning to go on weekly injections instead of daily gel so im hoping thta helps my mood also!!

yeaa i was on SSRIs at the time that wrecked me (prozac for 10 years then wellbutrin) and made me suicidal like daily. the testosterone made me angrier (i was on low dose patches then the gel form)(have bad anger issues as is so) but i got off the antidepressants and am only on abilify and adderall xr as needed for work + supplements such as NAC and vitamin D daily and maca/yohimbe for sex and i havent been this mentally stable or happy in 10+ years literally . im planning to go on weekly injections instead of daily gel so im hoping thta helps my mood also!!

The injections have less mood altering effects due to a lower conversion to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), so maybe it will work on you.

I've rubbed testosterone gel on my girlfriend to see if it had mood altering effects and it definitely appeared to, mainly negative (anxiety, irritability). I did tell her eventually, "did you notice anything the past few days because I've been wiping testosterone on you?". Kind of fucked up (she wasn't exactly happy about it, but wasn't surprised, its a fairly normal thing for me to do). Fortunately she is quite tolerant of my antics 😅

I'm not a big social media guy, so I never have.

The closest I came was back around 2016 when I e-mailed a young lady on her website because I admired an article that she had written.

We became internet pen pals and stayed in touch. I refer to her as my "online crush", but I never had any real plans of trying to meet up.