• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Little to no euphoria on heroin. What gives

Heroin varies so enormously by batch, tolerance, amount, etc. that no two experiences with it are exactly the same - even using the same batch! I've had H that was so cut and disgusting, it almost instantly congealed in the needle and then turned rock hard. As for useable H, I've had stuff that feels super weak like codeine or even less (probably WAS actually codeine or else extremely cut), and I've had stuff so amazing, I still think about that specific batch sometimes a decade later.

accuired inferior product
IV herion = heaven

^ In your opinion. Everybody’s brain chemistry is different , I don’t seem to get any euphoria from any pure opioids ive ever tried. Meth and GBL are much more euphoric for me than any opiate I’ve ever tried , and pure MDMA much better than meth imo. I even prefer pure MDMA to 4-MMC/mephedrone. But then again I’ve never IV’ed an opiate , and never will. Perhaps that would change my perspective, but honestly I doubt it given that opiates just make me itch with no positive effects at all . However it could very well be my mirtazapine blocking the euphoric effects .

Well one criteria for substance use disorder is that the abuse is compulsive although the user knows it will cause them harm.

With opiate addiction eventually everything just fades away and all you think about is getting your next dose in a way or other no matter what it would cause to you and/or others.

This!!! All of this!!!

Maybe you're just not an opiate guy. My first time was snorting it too, and I fell in love with my new discovery right away, and looking back, I'm pretty sure the sample wasn't that great anyway. Shooting it just took me to a new level, as long as it was a good batch. Poor batches gave poor highs. Just like everything else

You're obviously not an addict, at least not with opiates. If I have it, I'm going to use it, no matter how many days I've used it in a row, for about a week or two and taking a break to avoid addiction.. It's like something in my brain commands me to use. It's really sad.

^ In your opinion. Everybody’s brain chemistry is different , I don’t seem to get any euphoria from any pure opioids ive ever tried. Meth and GBL are much more euphoric for me than any opiate I’ve ever tried , and pure MDMA much better than meth imo. I even prefer pure MDMA to 4-MMC/mephedrone. But then again I’ve never IV’ed an opiate , and never will. Perhaps that would change my perspective, but honestly I doubt it given that opiates just make me itch with no positive effects at all . However it could very well be my mirtazapine blocking the euphoric effects .

It's actually not at all uncommon for people to dislike the effects of opioids, especially powerful and heavily demonized ones such as heroin. Not something you read about in the news very often (not sensational enough I guess), but it's far from uncommon.

Of course, for people who fall in love with something like heroin, especially in places where it's heavily criminalized, well that is obviously another story. But that isn't what happens to everyone, that old theory about addiction has long since been debunked as prohibitionist propaganda.