• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Lithium?

disassembled

Bluelighter
If I have a white lithium pill that's round and says skf and then j10 under that. Are they any good and if eating 3 of them with a yellow perc that says 10 on the back make for a good time? Thanks.

Lithium is a mood stablizer. It will not get you high. If it's not prescribed to you, don't take it. Some people are sensitive to them and get body tremors anyways.

Lithium has a very LONG, extensive list of bad to serious side effects (because it is a salt, it causes an imbalance in the bodily systems which funtion through /in conjunction with salt ratios/gates...so disturbing these delicate balances can disturb such bodily systems, of which there are MANY). Even if you *need* to take it (due to mental illness), you would probably do so reluctantly.
The bottom line? It ain't a fun drug. I would trash the pills.

It's bad shit. To even get it perscribed to you you have to take weekley to biweekly blood tests before they even hand you the perscription. If certain things are off, you can't continue on the stuff. Then, you can only get it at pharmacies that are participating in this program with the doctor perscribing it. And you only get one weeks supply at a time.
Nothing cool about lithium. I know they use it for schizophrenia.
Hell, they don't even know *why* it's all that usefull in treating many of the disorders they use it for.

To reiterate--there is no possible recreational value whatsoever with any drug used to treat a mental disorder other than perhaps MAOI's.
Gentleman--I was prescribed lithium. There was one blood test about two weeks after first taking it and one every couple months afterword. I got a month's supply with a shitload of refills and was able to pick it up at any pharmacy (I used Walgreen's). They do blood tests with any antimanic drug, not just lithium.

There is much WRONG info. posted in this thread.
Please plug this drug name into any search engine and get better info.
But no its not any fun and can above all things have really bad side effects.

I've been taking Lithium for slightly over a year for manic-depression. I have had levels done in that time.
As Special K said, there's a lot of wrong info on this thread.
Someone asked why they'd want to use this drug on anyone. Well, it's the only thing that's been effective in treating my mood problems as oppossed to at least 9 other things I have tried and has had NO ill side effects on me other than a minor dehydrating effect.

in my opinion Lithium is a wonder drug, when taken correctly. i have a friend who has serious mental issues, but when he takes his Lithium correctly, he is as normal as anyone else. when he misses does and/or takes too much, that is a completely different story. many a time we have been out and he forgot to bring his meds with him, next thing you know he is convulsing, sweating, hallucinating, among other things. it is not that nice, trust me. and for someone they have on a 4mg dose of Xanax & Paxil (i'm not sure the dosage of that) a day, the Lithium has him one step closer to sanity. but i have yet to meet anyone who is as whacked at him, though. bottom line, if you don't need the Lithium, you don't need the Lithium.
wink.gif

------------------
:CataLysT: Quod Me Netruit, Me Destruit.
-> Vino, Ganeis, Lenociniis, Adulteriisque Confectum.
I'm a Female, get it right.

I'm prescribed 450mg for bipolar. Once I got pills mixed up and took 900mg by mistake. Trust me, it was a bad experience. I couldn't walk, was slurring words..etc. But NOT in a fun way at all, it just sucked.