• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Lithium and oxycodone

jesus, i just got on lithium and was popping opiates like candy and not getting high. ughhh thanks for the info

I'm surprised by the reports of lithium blocking other drugs. I had a friend that was on the stuff for years and he had no problems feeling any substance he partook in. He did say cocaine wasn't nearly as strong but he'd do opioids and benzos all day with the rest of our group and had no issues obtaining a nod. He would eventually get on meth a few years later, stop taking the lithium, and ended up getting psychotic and punching a baby until it was brain dead. He's currently sitting on death row for that crime. I'm not going to say I'm happy about that but he does deserve it along with everyone else that was in the house that night. Unfortunately, the mother wasn't charged and she's had two kids since and is still hanging around town smoking up meth by the fistful.

Phoenix id suggest you do not stop the lithium based on this thread. I believe the conclusions of this case was the lithium did not seem to be related to the opiates not working because after 5 days off it very little lithium should still be in ones body and if lithium was the cause of the opiates not working then logically a shot of opiates after five days free from lithium should work again. However , it seems nothing happened suggesting another thing is likely the cause not lithium

keeping my bipolar under control is of utmost importance. so is my pain. i have 450mg ER lithium. while i do recreational percs, i also take for my pain. i was popping them like tic tacs wondering if my tolerance was getting worse. now im considering it was the lithium.

Do you have a lithium level? I take 1200 mg of lithium and my levels are barely theraputic.

Sorry for the late response guys I worked out that the lithium was what was blocking the opiates but after the many attempts while on anti psychotic and anti depressants the reason it still didn't work after skipping lithium for a few days was that I'd giving myself a pretty high tolerance in the process