• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

List of order of strength opioids

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
Could someone tell me a list of opioids in order of strength?

From example I know codeine is weaker than morphine, but is Tramadol stronger than codeine? Ect?

So could someone give me a list like

Codeine
Dihydrocodeine
Tramadol
Morphine
Ect ect

In order from strongest to weakest.

Methadone and morphine, depending on the dose, do not exhibit complete cross tolerance. There are different scales but basically for patients on chronic oral morphine therapy, the higher the dose of daily morphine, the greater the morphine/methadone conversion is. For instance, someone on 200mg daily morphine the ration is about 6:1. So the methadone equivalent dose would be somewhere between 35-40mg. If someone was on 1000mg of morphine daily, the ratio is more like 20:1 so the methadone equivalent daily dose would be roughly 50mg.

With acute dosing of morphine that is being switched to acute methadone, it is not as big a deal and the equianalgesic ratios of morphine to methadone range anywhere from 1:1 to 6:1.

Methadone is also a highly variable drug among different patients. Differences in both pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic measurables can vary by 100 fold or more. There are many reasons for this which I could go into, but basically it is very difficult to get the exact dose of methadone right, especially if converting from other opioids, without extreme vigilance.